Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

on 6/23/2004 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Although I don't normally like shiney, glossy, plastic-looking lipsticks and lipglosses, I was very eager to try this lipcolor because it just looked so damned cool! It's a *very pretty* lipstick. If you are like me and don't dig shine and gloss that much, I still reccommend you try this lip color because it's glittery, metallic, and very fun. It has hardly any staying power, though, so it comes off fairly easy. There also isn't a very wide range of shades. I prefer reds, wines and berries, but when I bought the dark reddish-wine shade they have, I was rather dissapointed to have it come out a dark pink on me, and pink lipstick looks absolutely horrid on me.

It's gorgeous lipcolor with no staying power and little selection, but if you can find a shade you like, you go out there and shine! It's fun to wear, but not really advisable for anything serious.

on 6/18/2004 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this awhile ago because I like the wet shiny look I saw in magazine ads (I usually use lip glosses). Well this stuff was a waste of my money. It doesn't give a wet look, it's like anyold lipstick. And it has a gitty feeling on my lips. Very gross feeling. Who's going to want to kiss gritty lips? Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Grainy, gritty, glittery, gross.

Also: not lasting and sucks moisture out of your lips, doesn't feel soft and emollient, and simply looks, in my opinion, childish and cheap.

on 5/2/2004 11:47:00 PM

This looked weird on me. It was just like they said, very shiny, wet and looked like I had a bunch of glitter all over my mouth. No thanks!

Im so disapointed with this because although colours are so lovely it doesnt last long at all!It rubs of after about 5 mins and in 10 mins is gone all together.Dont waste your money on this rubbish.

Eyes: Violet

what a shame! i bought this because i wanted to mix in some d/s lipstick in my mu collection. i bought this in a pink shade and although it made my lips look a little wet (NOT like i had gloss or anything) i was disappointed. the color did NOT show!! i wish it looked as pretty as it did in the tube.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have two shades in this...Pink Carats, which is a medium shimmery pink, and a dark red shade where the label fell off. I love the shimmery look of both, but like many others, I hate how drying the formula is.

Plum Sparkle... Diamonds definitely doesn't last as long as Maybelline Forever Lipcolor and Bath & Body Feel Good Lip Color. The taste is neutral, and the sparkle lasts even if the color wears off (OK, a little weird). For those that don't mind reapplying every few hours, Diamonds are GOOD, CHEAP FUN. Oh, and the packaging looks cheap too! ;)

on 2/28/2004 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have it in crystal pink which is a very subtle shimmery pink. It glides on smoothly when I apply it and even moisturising. BUT, just after 30mins, the moisturising effect has totally disappeared! My lips feel so dry and cakey, yuuuucky! Just wonder why Maybelline is so much worse than L'Oreal Paris with a similar price and same group company!

Yuck, I wanted to like this product, but it was drying, grainy, and the colors were unflattering.