MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally I purchased MAC Foundation. I never wanted to buy MAC Foundie because I remember my sister told me that MAC is for an adults and whatsoever.

This is my first impression. I bought this just 3 days ago.
So last night, I came home little bit late. I'm reached home and suddenly I fell a sleep. In the morning, I was like "Damn! I slept with makeup on zzz". Then I get off my bed and gotta clean my makeup. As I stare at the mirror I cannot believe that my face still perfect. No oily. No creasing. Flawless. And I'm feeling like Yoncé, Woke Up Like Thizzz!

I am struggling with my oily skin. I have tried so many foundation and primer. I tried a lot of skin care too. This foundation is amazing. It's light on my skin. I use MUFE Primer or Benefit Porefessional right before it and spray UD's Oil Control Spray.

It's quite expensive but I see the quality over it. But since this is my first time buying MAC Foundation, I wonder why they separated the pump?

1 lippie off for packaging coz it's pretty necessary to buy a separate pump. This is around $30+/- investment to your fdtn wardrobe & fdtn isn't something u wanna scrimp on I've found. I've got very extreme oily skin & I like a lot of coverage so I have the option of applying it/going over t-zone w a cream fdtn/applying HD powder (loose or pressed)/applying loose powder fdtn over the top/& my personal fave is to apply Studiofix powder fdtn over t-zone u never want to be over powdered so it's really only necessary to powder the t-zone very conservatively & I get photoshop results w those methods. NC15 is what I was diagnosed as way back when but its kind of too light but exchange is a hassle I will rebuy when j run out in NC20 or NC25 or somem I can make it work yanno? & it turns darker as the day goes on anyways lucky me huh then it's the right color haha it does oxidize beware! I use a MAC Sponge or MAC fdtn brush from holiday '15 collection to apply.

Finally bought this for the first time about a month and a half ago. I have been using the Studio Fix powder for approximately 5 years now. I was getting bored of the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation, so I felt it was time to try a new one.

Well.. They are extremely similar, lol. It is pretty thick, I definitely suggest getting the pump, I didn't want to pay for it so I didn't get it, lol. But I would suggest it. It also smells strongly of paint like the Kat Von D one, but it has amazing coverage, and the scent settles once it is on your skin.

As many know, MAC has an amazing shade range. I am really impressed with the foundation, it provided me great coverage. I apply it with a damp beauty blender.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do love this foundation - im a NC30 (yellow undertone and it is a really nice colour if you have yellow undertones. This foundation stays on really well - i went to a dance party in vegas in 40degree heat and when i got home the next morning and looked in the mirror i was shocked i still looked pretty good haha thanks to this foundation! It does feel quite thick when you put it on but not once you are wearing it. Need makeup remover to get it off - or a face wash that is aimed at removing makeup.

Its pricey but it is worth it.

Good going out foundation :)

In my many years of wearing foundation I have to say I have bought this foundation the most. I use to have fairly bad acne and acneprone skin and needed a full coverage foundation. I've used everything from Chanel to Nars to Maybelline and for a full coverage matte foundation and a good price MACs studio fix foundation has it all.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm surprised by the low reviews as I am so in love with this foundation! Absolute HG!!

A friend of mine recommended I try it and I was immediately hooked. It's flawless, matte and lasts all day (and night) and doesn't cause me to break out.

I moisturize, apply the foundation, concealer and MAC studio perfect compact and I'm all set for work from 8am till 11pm with only blotting my T-zone like twice the entire day (I do not touch up my make up at all - not even powder. Can't be bothered to take them out with me). It's awesome for a night out partying as well. My make up stays on from 10pm till 6am with no need for touch up.

I have really oily skin and this foundation really helps with the oil control and keeps me matte all day long.

Definite repurchase!

Breaks me out but I come back to this one time and time again. I just never get the same finish with other foundations regardless of what I do! So I'll deal with a few spots for this one!!

I'm NC15 (a bit lighter than that but I can only use NC13 in winter and I don't wear makeup in winter much so I stick with NC15) and apply with a 132 Mac brush and I look airbrushed and photoshopped (cue screaming).

The coverage is fairly medium and it's a bit less of a matte finish than I would've liked (not quite satiny though) but I got so many compliments on my 'good skin' and 'natural glow' wearing this so I happy with it.

The in-built SPF15 factor claim may be a bit dubious however. I was viciously burned in a 3 hour car journey (stuck in traffic) on a semi-cloudy, occasionally sun peaking out from the clouds autumn day. I ended up lobster red and blistering. Use actual sunscreen, don't be fooled by the SPF15 claim.

This foundation layers ok with sunscreen, I clean and moisterise then put sunscreen (wait for it to dry), THEN primer, and finally this foundation and it looks great.

Putting finishing powder on it doesn't do much to mitigate the slight shininess of the finish and will make you look caked/less polished but when you go out into natural light, no one will notice.

Don't wear this under artificial lighting conditions however, once you pass the 3-4 hour mark, without any touch-ups YOU WILL GLOW AND NOT LIKE THE MOON OR A PREGNANT LADY BUT MORE LIKE THE COUNTER AT MCDONALDS THAT NEVER GETS CLEANED.

Try other foundations for more cover/longer lasting durability but this one is breathable for the skin (MY sensitive skin at least) and is very layerable (combine with other foundations).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

AMAZING foundation. Over the years I've tried other brands like Clinique and they failed. I've been using this for years and it was the perfect match for my skin tone. I have combination skin with oily in the summer and dry in the winter. It doesn't dry me out or leave an oily residue. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I've finally found the perfect foundation for my skin!! I've recently changed from Estee Lauder double wear to Mac Studio Fix and it was the best decision. I got colour matched to the right shade and skin type, and I apply the foundation with a real techniques sponge, it has great coverage for day time but can easily be built upon if going out partying for e.g.
The price is reasonable (22) it covers all my red areas, spots, blemishes and gives me a nice matte finish look...

The ONLY downfall is it doesn't come with a pump (i believe every foundation should as it comes with the price)
To buy a pump separately it's an extra 4.50.