MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Breaks me out but I come back to this one time and time again. I just never get the same finish with other foundations regardless of what I do! So I'll deal with a few spots for this one!!

I'm NC15 (a bit lighter than that but I can only use NC13 in winter and I don't wear makeup in winter much so I stick with NC15) and apply with a 132 Mac brush and I look airbrushed and photoshopped (cue screaming).

The coverage is fairly medium and it's a bit less of a matte finish than I would've liked (not quite satiny though) but I got so many compliments on my 'good skin' and 'natural glow' wearing this so I happy with it.

The in-built SPF15 factor claim may be a bit dubious however. I was viciously burned in a 3 hour car journey (stuck in traffic) on a semi-cloudy, occasionally sun peaking out from the clouds autumn day. I ended up lobster red and blistering. Use actual sunscreen, don't be fooled by the SPF15 claim.

This foundation layers ok with sunscreen, I clean and moisterise then put sunscreen (wait for it to dry), THEN primer, and finally this foundation and it looks great.

Putting finishing powder on it doesn't do much to mitigate the slight shininess of the finish and will make you look caked/less polished but when you go out into natural light, no one will notice.

Don't wear this under artificial lighting conditions however, once you pass the 3-4 hour mark, without any touch-ups YOU WILL GLOW AND NOT LIKE THE MOON OR A PREGNANT LADY BUT MORE LIKE THE COUNTER AT MCDONALDS THAT NEVER GETS CLEANED.

Try other foundations for more cover/longer lasting durability but this one is breathable for the skin (MY sensitive skin at least) and is very layerable (combine with other foundations).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

AMAZING foundation. Over the years I've tried other brands like Clinique and they failed. I've been using this for years and it was the perfect match for my skin tone. I have combination skin with oily in the summer and dry in the winter. It doesn't dry me out or leave an oily residue. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I've finally found the perfect foundation for my skin!! I've recently changed from Estee Lauder double wear to Mac Studio Fix and it was the best decision. I got colour matched to the right shade and skin type, and I apply the foundation with a real techniques sponge, it has great coverage for day time but can easily be built upon if going out partying for e.g.
The price is reasonable (22) it covers all my red areas, spots, blemishes and gives me a nice matte finish look...

The ONLY downfall is it doesn't come with a pump (i believe every foundation should as it comes with the price)
To buy a pump separately it's an extra 4.50.

This is in my top 5 favourite foundations.

Gives very good coverage, I use with a damp beauty blender and it blends really well into the skin. I then use cream blush and bronzer and lightly powder over the top. This is one of the foundations that last the nicest on my skin, I powder maybe once of twice throughout the day and it always still looks great after a long day at work.

I don't mind the smell, its very faint and it's quite a thick but runny formula.

Love this.

Alright, so to start off I'd like to say that before you go rushing out to buy this you need to get a sample of it. I'm no expert so I have no idea what the issue is, but for some people this is an excellent foundation, for others it's the worst. My friend and I bought this at the same time but while I love it, it broke her out really badly and she returned it almost immediately after purchasing.

However, if you're like me then this stuff is awesome. I use NW15, my skin is not smooth at all and is both super oily and super dry, so finding a good foundation that actually stays on and looks good for more than 3/4 hours has been an awful struggle. It took me a while to learn that no matter how highly rated a product is, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you (here's looking at you NARS).

I apply this (after moisturising and priming of course) very lightly, and get light to medium coverage. It lasts all day for me without getting flaky or gross, and my skin has yet to break out because of it. I think the price is pretty good for a foundation that actually works and stays on, but the lack of a pump does frustrate me. I will be re-purchasing unless I somehow fall face first into a better foundation and at the moment this is actually my HG (I know it's a big call but it just loves my skin!!).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm NC37-NC40. Great full coverage foundation, doesn't dry too quick like EL DW so gives you time to apply correctly. I apply using RT Stippling Brush, don't have the best skin so I prepare my skin first with moisturiser, then fix+, then primer, then fix+ again and then foundation. Only need one layer for full coverage, gives a nice semi dewy, semi matte effect, lasts all day if set correctly. Price is fantastic for a high end foundation. I use this daily and then Luminous Silk for special occasions.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation. I have been using it for 2 years now and it suits my skin perfectly. I have the craziest skin: it's super dry and it's super oily but this foundation balances my skin out. It gives great coverage and it is quite thick but I love a good coverage. It isn't the lightest foundation but I haven't had any trouble with it. It is a bit on the more expensive side but it's not outrageous so I think it is a worthy purchase and definitely worth the money. It doesn't come with a pump which is annoying. I have been getting on great for the past 2 years without one but I finally succumbed last week and bought one :P I use the real techniques expert face brush and it gives a lovely glowing matte finish. I use NW20 which is slightly darker than my natural skin colour but I like to look a bit darker.

amazing coverage and longwear, only downside is no pump :((( but matches my skin tone perfectly and will definitely be using this again when it runs out

I am not one to write reviews at all but I have been using Mac Studio Fix NC25 for almost a month and I absolutely love it. I have sensitive combination skin with a few minor blemishes depending on the time of the month and this foundation does not bother my skin at all. In fact, if I didn't know better, I would say my skin loves it. I'm getting more compliments since using it and my husband said I looked like I did in high school when my skin was poreless, unblemished and glowing. Count me in as one of the ones who will use Studio Fix as long as Mac makes it.