Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use this product years ago as a kid when I first started washing my face. It never made me breakout and it did the job. But now that I'm older and my skin has become oily and acne-prone it doesn't do anything. My face was breaking out and I though that maybe I could switch up cleansers. I used this to wash my face and the day after I got weird bumps in between my brows and around my t zone. I didn't think it would be the cleanser cause it never did that before. I kept using it for 2 days and the cluster of bumps kept getting worse so I finally decided maybe it was the cleanser and i needed to stop using it. The bumps weren't pimples so it might've been some kind of reaction. Either way it didn't do much for me except give me weird bumps. It didn't prevent breakouts or get rid of them so I wouldn't recommend this.

on 6/14/2017 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So I'm taking back everything I said before about this product. Turns out it wasn't cleansing as well as I thought. Evidenced by gradual increase in foundation-colored blackheads, whiteheads and general congestion of the skin. I have swapped to first cleanse with micellar water to kick-start makeup removal and then Dermeze which is in the same area of the pharmacy as Cetaphil. It contains glycerine and silk protein, cleanses really well and leaves my skin MEGA soft. Happy I have swapped it.

Excellent cleanser that leaves the skin feeling so soft, it's tempting not to put moisturiser on! I have very sensitive skin and this product is very gentle. You only need a small amount and it is really good for getting most of your mascara off. I always find a bit of mascara under my eyes in the morning but i don't often wear makeup so that is a minor issue but I do use Cetaphil daily -I never wash my face.

I used to be oily but I've become more combination as time has passed. I don't use this Cetaphil cleanser daily but it's nice to have when my skin is feeling drier than not by the end of the day. It's also great that this cleanser is moisturizing because every now and again I need to give my skin a night off from acne treatments and simply add some moisture back in by simply cleansing with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and going to bed with a no frills moisturizer on. I could liikely use this cleanser daily with no issue but for now it's a good occasional night off for my indecisive skin.

on 5/21/2017 12:18:00 AM

-This product does not do a good job at removing makeup, like at all.
-Was fine at first when I was younger but I need stronger products now
-My skin is combination most of the time. I have small acne but my skin swells and reddens easily, thus the need for a product that is good for sensitive skin.
-Packaging is not convenient for traveling

on 6/6/2017 1:49:00 PM

I have been using cetaphil daily cleanser for years after a treatment of accutane. The daily cleanser is my absolute favorite and will never switch. The gentle cleanser however is just okay for me. It doesn't feel like it fully cleans my face and there's a residue left on my face. I much rather prefer the daily cleanser over the gentle cleanser.

on 5/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This cleanser is great for my 'confused' skin condition right now - breakout, oily, dry, sensitive / red & sometimes itchy. I use this on a dry face in the morning & afternoon and wipe off with a tissue as it cleans so much better. Then I would use a stronger cleanser at night to wash every grime off before I go to bed. I think it's a great cleanser for people with "unstable/crazy' skin conditions. The packaging is really boring though, but it's def not a high priority for me at this time. I've just purchased a 2nd bigger bottle.

Love this product used it for years , does not irritate my eyes as well

on 5/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used for years but decided ultimately it didn't do much in terms of cleansing or make up removal. (However it did remove nonwaterproof eye make up when used with a q tip). When I was oiler, I preferred Cerave foaming or Purpose to this. Now that my combo skin is drier and older, I prefer cerave hydrating, micellar water (currently using CVS brand version of Garnier pink bottle) or nearly natural unscented liquid glycerin soap. Note: MUA reviewer Eire1 (under the listing Paula's choice hydrating foaming cleanser) provided a suggestion to combine Cetaphil with Cerave, which I might try (since I have both). For eye make up removal, I use Bliss lid and lash.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think everyone has tried Cetaphil. You can buy it everywhere, it's pretty cheap, and it's 'dermatologist recommended'.

We are a pretty sensitive crew at our house, so I gave this a spin. It's unscented which we always appreciate. It's gentle, 'tis true. Unfortunately, it's cleaning action is also rather gentle.

This doesn't do a very good job of removing makeup at all, so it's better as a morning wash. I've found my face is just as happy in the mornings with using water to rinse with a facecloth (it's looking pretty happy, actually!). I've been using Garnier Micellar at night and I like that a lot better (no sticky gooey soap sensation).

I'm afraid this face wash is now unemployed at our house, until some new family member wants to give it a spin.