Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 5/29/2007 7:21:00 AM

This was one of my free samples in my last Sephora order. I think this is a really nice luminizer. Don't go overboard with this though - just a bit on the cheekbones and browbones is sufficient to get that glowy, dewey look. I would like to try this in the peach color next for summer.

on 5/4/2007 2:26:00 PM

Stila All Over Shimmer in number 3 is a gold liquid highlighter. It's easy to mix with your foundation or with your TM. Normally I just apply it on the cheek bones (before blush) and on the brow bone to highlight.

I'm a big Stila fan. However, although I like Stila's highlighters I wouldn't repurchase this one just because the gold doesn't suit my skin tone very well. Great for special occasions but for everyday use I prefer a highlighter with more pink/champagne pearly tones in it. So to sum it up, the product is great but the shade isn't for me. I'll try other shades though!

For reference: I'm a pale blonde w/ blue eyes.

continued >>

on 12/18/2006 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this luminzer. I have very very light olive ethnic skin in winter and light olive skin in summer--I like to do dramatic smokey eye looks as well as rich berry lips with nude eyes and this luminzer goes with everything. It looks great by itself, over foundation or under foundation. It is veyr natural and not in your face or MAC glittery (eww). Its very subtle and girly, it gives you a nice glow as if the sun was bouncing off your suntan lotion at the beach kind of a look. I love the color too its perfect for my yellow undertones yet its not garish trashy post it note yellow. I cant imagine how it would look bad on anyone. I tried a lot of highlighters before trying this one--I use a dab on top of my eyebrows, along the bridge of my nose, on my cheekbones and a little dab on top of my undereye concealer. It brightens these areas and gives a total 'awake' look. Trust me you dont know how dull your skin looks now until you have tried this highlighter on top of it. Altho I have oily skin I prefer this to the other powder highlighter I tried (NARS albatross which is also very pretty btw). I love Stila stuff even if their foundations suck on me, because the packaging is so cute and the colors are gorgeous, everything is so subtle and they do color perfectly.

on 11/29/2006 7:25:00 PM

I like Stil's All Over Shimmer, but because it's a cream, it's a bit harder to apply and much more obvious. This one is a lighter liquid that's perfect for the face, and the color is very attractive. I use it in the summer mixed with some Neutrogena skin clearing tint and have started using it in the winter alone, on the top of my cheekbones and on my brows, and even a little swipe on my eyelids, as I don't usually wear any eye makeup. Great product, as is most of Stila's stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because a) I'm obsessed with liquid highlighters and b) the fabulous reviews here were hard to ignore. Do I love it? No. I do like it, however, but it doesn't deliver what Prescriptives Magic seems to do for me so it's up for swap. The Stila provides a warm, sheer wash of color that shows up sparkly in the sunlight. I feel it is "too much" for me in direct sunlight though I do love the color. I already get this effect with my MAC Beauty Powder or Clinique Loose Powder in Gold Dust. One other thing I do not care for is the thicker consistancy of the liquid. It does not seem to apply evenly or very easily. Will not repurcahse. You do get a lot of product for $20, which is a plus.

Very nice and subtle shimmer. . . . I use it on top of my cheek bones and brow bones. . . can't wait to try it on my collar bone and shoulders.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite! Got a sample of this from a generous friend and its a wonderful shimmer product that doesn't look greasy. I applied some on my cheeks and as a highlighter below my brows, and it gave a nice glow. So beautiful on the collarbone and shoulders too.

on 6/29/2006 9:22:00 AM

This is well worth it - great subtle shimmer, fantastic color - lots of product for the price, which happens less and less often these days!

I'm still trying to figure out if I love this or not. It is less subtle and more shimmery than I would have liked (I try to achieve the natural glowy, incandescent look). I would not use it alone unless I had perfect skin. Instead, I mix it with my tinted moisturizer and use it only on my cheeks. The good thing is that it doesn't make my face look greasy. $20 for a bottle.

on 5/10/2006 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite liquid highlighter out there. It gives such a natural glow that lasts all day. I usually keep this shimmer only on my cheeks. It doesn't look right as an all-over shimmer on me. When I want more of an all-over glow, I reach for my Smashbox powder highlighter, which is a bit more subtle and natural looking. I have mixed my Stila in with oil-free moisturizer and applied all over my face. The look is pretty, but my skin is combination, and within an hour, my oily t-zone looked soooo shiney. It was impossible to control the "shine" for the rest of the day, because my natural oils were mixing with the illuminating liquid for a super slick effect. Basically, if you have an oily t-zone, keep this product away from your oily spots. I feel that Stila is perfect for the cheeks, but may be a bit over the top, applied all over, for anyone with combination skin, or oily skin, wheras with my Smashbox powder, I can apply it to my forehead, chin and cheeks. I still end up using my Stila Luminizer almost everyday for a healthy, gorgeous glow to my cheeks, that looks great over any blush color, or on its own. Keep in mind, a little goes a long way. A tiny dab should be more than enough to cover your whole face, so do not be put off by the price, because the bottle will last forever!