Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 4/13/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have an extremely oily T-Zone, so without a good finishing/setting powder, I have to blot within 30-45 minutes of applying my makeup. Prior to trying out the finishing dust, I was using Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil (which I loved but was on the pricier side), so I was driven to try this!
[ PROS ] - very good price; really sets my foundation; controls oil/shine very well (with it, I have to blot maybe every ~2 hours); can tone down an over-application of blush
[ CONS ] - poor packaging (even with the new EDM jars, this can get messy); using too much may result in chalkiness
With all of the above in consideration, I would repurchase this product (granted I do not find a better replacement).

i've been using a sample of this and so far, i think i like it. the first two days i used it, it controlled shine pretty well, but today i did get shiny. not sure why...i could have used too much moisturizer since i was scraping out the end of a lotion sample today and wanted to use it all. it's definitely the most finely-milled powder i've ever seen and leaves a beautiful satiny finish that glows but doesn't shine. I've been dipping the end of my flat top brush to pick some up and dab it in key areas: nose, chin, forehead, apples of cheeks, and then buff it in with the FTB, same as i do the foundation. i'll have to play some more to see if i can figure out exactly how to obtain the best shine control from this, but so far i'm impressed!

on 12/22/2008 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have now repurchased this about 5 times! I cannot go a day without wearing it, it cuts down on SO MUCH shine! I only have to apply it once in the morning on top of my EDM foundation, and I stay matte all day long. Not TOO matte though, still glowy. But definitely way less oil. Its great! I used to rave about Mineral Veil by Bare Escentuals, but this is 10 times better.

on 12/20/2008 11:46:00 AM

This product leaves a white cast and the feel of my face is grainy once applied. I'm currently combating flaky skin due to dry winter conditions and once I apply this, it only accentuates the look of flaky skin. In terms of absorbing oil however is not bad,

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this finishing powder to compare it to the other ones EM has in their line. I like the rice finishing powder, however the finishing dust doesn't seem to adhere to my skin. I only use half as much powder as I normally would, and it goes everywhere! It helps to set my makeup, but it's annoying that I would have a couple powder spots here and there and would need to brush it away.

on 12/22/2008 1:12:00 AM

this doesnt really do much for me
i sometimes forget to use it, but whether i remember or forget, i really dont notice a difference at all =/
my face still gets pretty oily by night time with or without the finishing dust & my makeup usually doesnt budge either so i really dont even know why i bother putting it on sometimes =/

wish i got a blush instead xD

on 10/24/2008 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I actually like it! It is very very fine and doesn't add any color to my skin, but sets the foundation very well.

to me it's just mediocre. it minimizes pores for one or two hours and that's it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in sunlight which is a light yellow based powder much better for me than the original which made me look pink. I do think this powder works very well for minimizing pores, and have used it over ( and under to make a smoother look ) pressed powder to lessen the cakiness that a pressed powder develops the more you apply. It works very well with the laura mercier tm in nude (in my opinion). Rather than use a big fluffy brush I use a puff and press it in my skin...you do have to be careful tho to exfoliate before hand , otherwise it will make flakeys noticeable...however, blotting it in the skin is what makes the pores almost vanish. It's not the best for oil control, but I am oily no matter what powder I use. It does take a lot tho for this powder to look cakey, so that's a plus.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of my set to set my foundation. Honestly, it did nothing for me. So I just kind of stopped using it.