FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

There's no Sally Beauty near me and I forgot I had a bottle of this, in Blank Canvas purchased 2 years ago while visiting friends. I tried it last week. Wow. Great coverage, no streaking, long lasting. Wow. Sally, open a store closer to me!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

FingerPaints are great! I haven't fallen in love with every color I've tried, but as a whole the line is pretty awesome. The price is great and all of the polishes I've tried have great staying power. I will continue to purchase them.

I have Finger Paints in several colors but Gossamer White is my all-time favorite. I continually go back to the polish because it provides such a great neutral/nude shade. It applies well, has great coverage, and is a staple at home and when I travel! When I need to have something that looks nice without being distracting, this is it!!

FingerPaints was definitely on my list of nailpolish brands to try! I had heard about these NP's from visiting the nailboard and found out they were only available at Sally Beauty Stores. Luckily for me, there are about 7-8 Sally stores in Toronto where I live and during the holidays I was able to get to the closest location. I purchased two shades, Brilliant Brushstroke and Hue Are You, and at $6.49 each CDN, Fingerpaints are less expensive than the other popular NP brands, OPI, Essie, China Glaze and Orly which retail for $9.50 to $11.75 CDN at Trade Secrets and other beauty stores. I much prefer to buy NP's online from Head2ToeBeauty. Toronto girls, I noticed Sally's also sells Orly NP's much cheaper than Trade Secrets! There were a few other less known NP brands sold at Sally but I can't remember their names. The only downside is that Sally's didn't have a huge selection of FingerPaints shades. The selection is not the same as Sally Beauty Stores in the U.S. I specifically went there to find some of the Fall and Holiday 2007 shades and they didn't have them. However, I'm quite happy with the two NP's that I bought. Brilliant Brushstroke is a nice red toned shade that has fine glitter. Hue Are You shows up on my nails as a rosey toned shade with hints of fuscia. Both NP's applied evenly with two coats. I only wish Sally locations in Toronto had more FingerPaints nailpolish shades.

on 12/17/2007 2:54:00 PM

I love finger nail polish in general and I love FingerPaints because they have great colors, with the fun names, and they are a good price. Especially when they are on sale. I have the new holiday red sparkle, can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it is fabulous! I can't wait to see the next round of new colors.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even better than O.P.I. This polish is so shiny and lasts for weeks! It's cheaper than O.P.I. and it doesn't thicken after just a few uses like O.P.I. does. I have natural nails, so it's hard to find a polish that actually sticks to them. This one does. It never chips and I would HIGHLY recommend it.

on 10/25/2007 11:56:00 AM

I'm running out to buy more of these today. Sketch Me If You Can is such a pretty bright corally color but not over the top, i would never have purchased this color if it hadn't been on sale and am so surprised to find that I love it. It applies like a dream, so smooth and creamy. I found it to dry rather quickly too.

on 9/17/2007 11:22:00 PM

Whoa, mama! I am beyond amazed by these polishes. I was a bad girl and impulse bought Bid On It Berry the other day at Sally's after I thought I was done shopping (you know how that goes). I did a quick couple coats on my toes and fingers last night, and did not expect it to last. I did not do a base or a top coat due to time shortage, so I was for sure I would have chippage today.

Lo and behold, I have ZERO chipping or cracking today! Wow...I am seriously impressed. I have a major problem with a certain pair of shoes that I own rubbing the polish off of my big toes. I wore those shoes today and just looked down at my toes....they look PERFECT!!! I'm thrilled that I don't have to touch up before work tomorrow. Awesome staying power, and the color in the bottle is very true to the color on your nails.

I agree that it takes a while to dry, but I put a coat of olive oil over the polish while it was still damp and it kept me from getting "bed bumps" on my nails while I was sleeping. The slow drying is nothing that a coat of Out The Door Top Coat couldn't fix either, so I am deducting no lippies. I will not purchase another brand of polish as long as they still make this! I'm tossing out all my old stuff...none of it holds a candle to this product.

on 10/17/2007 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm so sad to end the winning streak on this one, though not really. I've had these for a long while, and just had not gotten around to applying. Well i took off my OPI 'I'm Not Really A Waitress", and put on what looked like a gorgeous fushia-like colour from FP. Man, oh man what a flop. The colour came off mor as orange on my toes, and after two generous coats, it was just not vibrant enough. I tried to cover it up with another coat of OPI, but now i'm wearing 3 coats of polish, which i hate doing, and i'm still not happy with it. I may start over tomorrow, and use it as an excuse to go buy more polish, even though i've only had it on for 36 hours. Very blah!!!

I love these too! I have several colors in these. I have Mural Mural on the Wall and Auction Auburn which are reddish brown shades with a hint of coral. Coral Complement is a gorgeous coral color perfect for summer.

I hate that I can only get these at Sallys. If not they would be my HG brand of polish. I'm in Europe so I can't get them here. continued >>

Popular Polishes