Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the green to try to balance out my redness. I have a lot of red in my complexion. Now, I don't know if I have the "proper" red for this stuff to work, but it does not do ANYTHING for my tone. The texture is nice, but if it doesn't take out any of my redness then there is no point. I am so glad I tried the travel size first!

on 3/28/2011 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the BEST! I have hyperpigmentation and post-acne scarring predominately on my chin and lower cheeks. I don't want to wear a heavy foundation as a cover up, however, resort to that as I haven't found a way to cover it comfortably. Also, even when I do all the steps to have a "flawless" face (must be a word made up by a marketing guru somewhere because it's really not reality) i.e. cleanse, exfoliate, moisturizer, etc., it seems my makeup doesn't have a "smoothness" to it. Oh yes - I have tried many foundations. I cannot believe the difference this product makes in helping my makeup go on so smoothly and last longer! Need to be careful with this product - a little goes a long way and it seems if too much is used, would yield unsatisfactory results. I would caution to use the oil-free product if oiler skin.

on 1/6/2011 7:25:00 PM

Actually, only the green is called Adjust.

Anyway, I hated Smashbox's foundation but love their Adjust primer! Like the Camera Ready full coverage foundation I tried, it's expensive for the amount of product you get. But this one is worth it.

Though it's a primer, it can be worn on its own. I do this sometimes, as it does not make me look like I belong in Dawn of the Dead as I imagined slathering a green-colored lotion on my face would! It does seem to "adjust" red tones somewhat, but I'm not sure if it makes foundation stay on longer.

The best part is the texture. I suppose a lot of skin products claim they feel like silk, but for me, this is one of the few that feels a way that immediately calls to mind "silky": glides on very smoothly, yet somehow does this despite being the opposite of greasy. (Does anyone here know about any other, preferably cheaper, products that have the same texture as this one?)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CAUTION!!!!

This primer is absolutely terrible. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this caused me the worst breakout ever!! Within an hour, I broke out in in large, irritated cystic acne. Absolutely horrible. I you have acne-prone skin, stay away from this product!!

on 3/18/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish I had read the reviews before puchasing this terrible gunk! I had the worst break out of my life from using this stuff. I thought it was from the new foundation I had bought. It turns out it was this stuff! It took me weeks to try ellimianting my new foundation and a night cream to discover this was the culprit! It was the purple one. I have used the photo finish light in the past and never had problems. This is going in the garbage!!!!

on 3/5/2011 3:28:00 PM

This primer is way too oily. Don't put too much or your face will look so oily that no amount of powder or foundation can mattify it again. I prefer the original Smashbox photo finish primer over this primer.

on 10/30/2010 10:32:00 AM

I said I wouldn't buy this again but I'm not sure. I'm on the fence here. I bought it a year ago and hated it. As for color correcting, don't expect much. A year ago I was certain this had broken me out. Now it's a different story. I cleanse deeper at night so i haven't had a problem with breaking out. I never realized how much i like this. it's nothing something i notice initially after makeup application. its HOURS later. my makeup stays put and if i touch my face its so incredibly smooth. its really weird, because it honestly takes hours into wearing this for me to notice how its made a difference. i put this on and then dab cliniques instant pore perfector on my nose overtop. its working for me. but it def doesn't color correct.

on 11/4/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this more than a year ago, used it and didn't think much of it. I found this in my drawer and decided to use it this week and I really like the results.
Does it color correct? NO.
BUT my foundation doesn't settle into my pores and lasts ALL day.

Great as a primer.
Not at all colour correction. Does not eliminate any redness at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought the green one when I was on Obagi - to help with my red skin at the time.
- I found the consistency quite 'watery' and didn't find it sat well on my skin.
- Made my skin look quite shiny
- Rolled off in balls when I applied my foundation.
- Didn't use it again - Got the full bottle still sitting on my shelf.
- I woundn't recommend.