Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 11/27/2009 6:29:00 PM

i had cancelled this product order but it arrived anyway. was concerned the talc and bismuth whatever would irritate my fair combo blemish prone skin. so far it hasn't. i prefer to use natural mineral powder for concealor and am generally pretty shiny by the end of the day with liquid foundation. it's a great matte powder base, especially on spots. apply all over face with a loose brush, or on spots with a concealor brush. (clean them regularly). i'm happy ended up with this. (dust over t-zone, apply liquid foundatio, dot this on any spots, finish with a mineral powder. invisible!)

I got this because I have a not-so-pretty, oily T-zone that shows up around lunchtime. I use this as my setting powder on top of my liquid foundation and my skin stays a beautiful, matte finish throughout the day. It also works well on its own or with a light, powder foundation.

I don't use the puff it came with - a regular powder brush applies more evenly.

on 3/15/2009 6:05:00 AM

A great powder for concealing redness. It is drying and can look chalky, so the puff went straight to the bin and I just use a concealer brush to apply to spots. I have used a light dusting to mattify and it looks fine and natural, but I'll probably save that use for the summer months to make doubly sure that it doesn't completely dry out my already dry skin.

While it doesn't hide them completely, this powder does dial down the redness on spots significantly so that the huge, painful, red pimple I had on my nose a few weeks ago ended up looking like it was a fading scar. Also useful for toning down excessively red cheeks. I haven't noticed any difference in healing time.

on 5/11/2009 1:06:00 PM

I'm extremely pleased with this product! I usually don't buy things like healing powders, but I was drawn by the description so I had to give it a chance as I deal with blotchy skin and an occasional cystic acne at times. I'm so glad I bought this! I use this right after I moisturize and before I put on any foundation. When I put this on I don't really need much foundation coverage though. It helps with redness and irritation, and keeps my skin shine free all day! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the applicator, which doesn't even seem to fit in the pot properly, but I still use it and it gets the job done since I've mastered how to make the best of it. Thanks for another good one, Mario!

one word; MATTE.
no shine.
all day.
which is fabulous news for those with acne/oily skin, or both.
my already longlasting foundation is now matte all throughout the day...no touchups.
it really does help with redness, and the sulfur dries up blemishes.(:
it's just, seriously, perfect over foundaton, especially after setting with the facial spray w/ aloe, herbs, and rosewater.
i loooove it!
plus, i got it at the local boutique that sells MB for $10 instead of $12.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I do like this, however, I don't use it very often. On really oily days, I dust this lightly over my entire face after foundation (if I wear it) and before I put on my finishing powder. I also wear this by itself sometimes. Mainly, though I use it as a spot treatment on blemishes and it dries them up mach 9! Because of the very small ammount of this needed, this will last me forever!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

this is a great powder for the summer and for blemishes all year round. i started using this on spots that turned a little red- just dipped a concealer brush in it and applied right to spot. it really seemed to take the red out! over the summer, this is amazing as a finishing powder. i sweep it over my T-zone, and it keeps me shine free. it also controls any little bumps in that area from extra oil or heat! i have extremely sensitive normal to dry skin, and this hasn't dried me out or irritated me. it's great!

I absolutely love this stuff! It took a bit of experimenting to figure how to best use it, but once I figured it out, I became hooked. I originally bought it hoping I could use it as a powder foundation so on Day 1, I applied a little concealer to the inner corner of my eyes, the redness around my nose and on a couple blemishes. Unfortunately, it didn't offer enough coverage by itself, so on Day 2, I applied a liquid foundation to my whole face and then used this to set it. It didn't look terrible, but even though I'm pretty pasty, I feel it made me look a little too pale. I wasn't ready to give up yet because I was convinced I could fit this product into my makeup routine somehow, so...on Day 3 I applied concealer again, as stated above, applied a well-blended layer of the Special Healing Powder all over, then applied a powder foundation over that. I knew later that day that I had a winner. I had stopped using the powder foundation because even though it always looked nice when it was first applied, it didn't wear well on my oily skin and always looked a little too orange on me. To my delight, the yellow color of Special Healing Powder blended with the powder foundation and made it match my skin almost perfectly AND it controls oil so well that I only have to blot once, late in the afternoon, when before I would be blotting around 3 or 4 times a day. My makeup still looks fantastic when I wash it off at night. This product is also great on "no makeup" days because I can brush a little on bare skin and it lessens my redness and keeps me from being shiny. And because it isn't technically makeup, I can tell people I'm not wearing makeup and not be lying! I will definitely repurchase this, though it looks like it will last me forever.

on 5/7/2008 12:40:00 PM

i'm not sure how good it works on pimples but it definitely keeps the skin matt. it's a really really good powder. i use it before applying my foundation and then over again along with my clinique blended powder. works fantastic. (though mario badescu has really ugly packages)

This really clears up acne without irritation for people who can't use benzoyl peroxide. It has sulfur in it so it dries your skin which is nice during the summer but is a bit too much to use daily in the winter. It's only $12 for a container that will last you well over a year or two depending on your use. The only problem was that the application sponge fell apart but I use a powder brush and find that it helps just the right amount go on my skin.