Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo is great! My hair was actually falling out a lot, so I switched to this shampoo (as it has protein in it) and I love love love it!It makes my hair feel strong, and when I straighten it, it's shiny (my natural hair is super wild and you'd never be able to tell).
That being said, it's pretty expensive (17 $ for the small one... no thanks) so I always buy it on sale from Trade secrets, when they put out the huge jug for 20$, or from Lisa's Cosmetics sales...

anyway after finishing one bottle of the shampoo, I thought about switching (I get bored, ok?) so I got a head and shoulders shampoo.... lo and behold my hair fell out in chunks...I used if for a week or two to make sure it wasn't a one-time thing.... it wasn't. So I switched back to this shampoo, and from the very first use, it was stronger, healthier, and shinier

this is my new HG shampoo! i've been looking for a good shampoo and conditioner that makes my hair look like a shampoo model and this does just that! i have really damaged hair from straightening and from sun-in. i hate cutting my hair and this keeps it looking healthy
**it does smell awful (almost like white wine) in the shower but bf says he can't smell anything during the day

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was recommended to me by the girl who used to color my hair, since my usual color job involved bleaching and (usually) all over highlighting plus color deposit (always).

So basically my hair required extra special care, and this product provided it. Although my hair was overly processed, it did not look in, by way of being damaged, dried out, frazzled etc. I always blow dried then used the straightener on my hair every single time I washed it and it still looked and felt very healthy despite how I tortured it.

The shampoo leaves your hair feeling clean, but not squeaky clean so its still moisturized, but better than some 'gentle' or moisturizing shampoos where your hair still feels dirty.

Now that I am not putting my hair through all that, I have been using regular DS shampoo/conditioner and my hair is NOT in good condition. It has been breaking, splitting and not feeling nice. I thought my hair would be in better condition now. So I thought what is so different about what I'm doing now and then besides the coloring (which would've made it worse, NOT better)? And I honestly think this is the answer. I got so sick of it and was so glad I didn't *have* to use it anymore, but I think I will go back and use whatever I have left.

Anyways, it's pricey, but you can get it at discount in stores like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, or if in Canada, Winners. I would however suggest caution when purchasing those varieties, as I used this product constatly for over 2 years, and therefore was very familiar with it, and I know for a fact that the conditioner I purchased from one of those stores in an original Joico K-Pak bottle was definitely NOT the usual product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the all time best shampoo iv ever used and believe me iv used alot!!! (probably more than i should have) I have extremely oily roots and dry ends and this is perfect it cleans the oil and moisturizes my ends. I my hair was black for a long time and i recently took the black out and turned it into a medium blonde and this is the perfect shampoo my hair doesn't even look damaged.

I absoloutley agree with the previous reviewer. The hair products at walmart work better than this stuff. I always get tons of compliments on my hair, & I've used walmart products all my life on my hair & never had a problem. Ever since I've tried using all these "high end" salon shampoos/conditioners it has made my hair worse, more damaged & dry. Never doing the "high end" shampoo/conditioner thing again, I've learned my lesson. Ironically, I work in a salon so i've tried many "high end" products & I'm telling you....they aren't all they're cranked up to be. One thing I do know, is that if your hair isn't pretty damaged for the most part, products with protein in them will further damage & dry out your hair. That being said, that's probably why this didn't work for me. My hair is healthy for the most part, so all this protein dried out my hair. I would only reccommend this for people with severely damaged hair, not for people with somewhat healthy hair. & that goes for any products containing protein in them, especially in high amounts like this one.

My hair dresser recomended this for me to my mom because my hair is nautrally curly and very dry and brittle. I wasn't too impressed. It's not the worst but it's far too over priced for the quality. The stuff at Walmart works just as well.

on 9/18/2011 11:25:00 AM

I bought this based on reading MUA Haircare board raves. I bought it at Rite-Aid - not sure if that makes a difference. It feels wonderful when shampooing - doesn't feel harsh at all. Leaves my hair fairly soft. Only thing is I don't feel like my hair is all that clean when I use it. I most likely will not repurchase for that reason.

on 11/3/2011 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is one of my favorit shampoos if ive been super heat abusing my hair this shampoo and the IH fixes my hair right away <33 i love this and the Intense Hydrator there my HG combo. ALSO let me make this CRYSTAL CLEAR the reviews abouve talking about "omg this dryed out my hair cuz it has too much protien blah blah blah" UMM YAA ON THE BOTTLE IT SAYS FOR DRY DAMAGED HAIR so if you have relitivly healthy hair .... then why the F would you use this? how stupid. if you put too much protien on your hair of course its going to break off anyone who knows about hair care knows that. thank you captin obvious

on 11/8/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good product for people who color their hair and/or use heat to style. I have nearly platinum bleached hair that I straighten or curl occasionally (maybe once a week). I use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment about once every 6 weeks, but I felt that I needed something else for inbetween treatments. My hair is somewhat weak so it breaks and dries out very easily.
I ordered this product from Walgreens for about $5 cheaper than everywhere else. I used it a couple of times a week for a while till I realized that it was just too much protein for my hair so it started going back to being dry and unmanageable. I started rotating this shampoo with others and now it works wonderfully. It makes my hair healthier, easier to comb through, and shinier than anything else I've tried. I also like that my hair feels even better the day after I wash it as it is not a tangled mess like when I use regular shampoos.
I like that I can rotate with other shampoos because this product is quite expensive. I paid about $15 for a 10oz bottle, which is not much but luckily I won't have to use it as often. It's a good product and definitely worth trying if you think that your hair needs it.
I will repurchase in the future.

on 10/14/2011 11:00:00 AM

THIS PRODUCt IS AMAZING. The cool thing about this product is that it is a salon product but you can buy it at Kroger and some other drug stores too. I only recommend buying it from a licensed salon though. Back to the point - this product is amazing. I have thin, long, brown, non-color treated hair that is prone to split ends and breakage and this product does wonders. A little goes a long way with this. I highly recommend using this product two to three times a week and deep conditioning with it. I use the Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo (about a quarter size) and then towel dry my hair and deep shampoo with GOLDWELL RICH REPAIR. This combination is the perfect idea for someone who styles their hair often and finds their hair breaking or splitting at the ends. This product does not weigh down your hair at all. I love the Joico line! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! This is a shampoo I swear by and only use this and Pureology.