NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BLUSH!!!!! For skin tone reference, I am a MAC NW40, and in NARS Tahoe. This blush absolutely melted into my skin. Even though it is a cream blush, during the application it feels like a powder. I am one of those women who is NOT afraid of colour, so the payoff is excellent. It is a blush that you can build. By the way, this is my first NARS blush purchase, so now I have only 10 more to go!!

on 1/15/2011 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Since deciding a couple years ago to make considerably fewer cosmetic purchases, I have to say that I've had a tremendous run of luck with the products I do buy--and I count Cactus Flower among my streak. I like subtly-executed doll cheeks in the winter, as I tend to be quite pale, and have--for years--relied on MAC Dollymix for this. While I shan't give up my Dollymix, Cactus Flower will take up a permanent place in my winter cheek arsenal. I love, love, LOVE the sheer, moist glowiness of it. It doesn't look like blush, it looks like a supernatural sub-dermal superflush; a nice pop of color that is simultaneously otherworldly and yet completely natural, in the sense that it appears to be coming from you. On my neutral-base but pink-cheeked skin it shows up a coral-y hot pink, which sets it quite apart from the predominantly cool-pink Dollymix. In the pan there's a truckload of golden shimmer, but I don't get any on my cheek at all. I apply either with my fingertips, or with my UD blush brush, as I would a powder blush. Brush application seems more precise and sheer, however, with less risk of overapplication (and that *is* a risk with a color this bright, in a formula this pigmented). Blends out flawlessly, stays put all day. $26USD buys a lot of product given the frugality of application. Will absolutely repurchase, and based on my happiness with the formula, I'll also likely try some other Nars creme blushes.

on 12/11/2010 6:38:00 PM

Love this colour! I'm NC45 and this gives me a perfect glow! I've used NARS Torrid in the past, which I still and always will love. However, this gives me a more natural flushed look. You can apply using your fingers or a blush brush. Either way, keep the hand light as the pigment is quite strong.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite blush. In addition to giving my NW25 dark(middle eastern) undertoned complexion a subtle color, this blush also gives me a beautiful glow. It is very buildable and by applying many layers of this blush, one can achieve a dramatic look. Also, it is very versatile, and I've seen girls of all colors and creeds pulling it off very nicely. Don't be put off by the high price- you won't regret buying this blush. One of the few products I'd take on a dessert island!

on 12/4/2010 8:28:00 PM

I had been using Nars powder blush, and loved it, but wanted to try the creme blush. I was afraid to try it because I didn't think I could apply it well with my fingers. Then I read some reviews that said you could use a regular blush brush. Well, voila! It worked wonderfully! I LIGHTLY swirl the blush brush on the blush, and then apply to my cheeks in circular motions, out and up to my temples. Then I apply a little more to the apples of my cheeks, as needed. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use!I don't know how the brush picks up the creme and evenly distributes it, but it does. I love the flushed color it gives. IMO it is a more natural look than the powder I had used. I am very fairskinned, and Cactus Flower, lightly applied, looks very good on my skin. Thank you Nars! Thank you fellow reviewers!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am in love with this blush, it's great for a really nice healthy glow. Brightens my face up instantly, very creamy and blendable. I love mostly neutral blushes, but this is an amazing color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's a lovely colour, it's just not my kind of colour. Also not a fan of the sparkles.

on 10/24/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the shade, love the texture, don't love the sparkles. With something like this I want to apply it with a light hand so it looks as natural as possible. Huge chunks of gold glitter don't really help that happen. *sigh*

on 8/18/2010 11:32:00 PM

This blush is so pigmented, it looks too dramatic in the pan to use during the day. However, putting just a tiny bit on and blending a lot gives you a really nice natural looking glow. After using several times a week for a year, I still haven't even hit the pan (and it's not dried up at all). I would definitely buy it again, but I probably won't have to!

I waited half a year to buy NARS' Cactus Flower creme blush. It looked so appealing online from all the swatches I've seen. I visited a Sephora a few weeks ago and went straight for the NARS section to check the blush out myself. I was really amazed at how creamy and smooth it felt -- the color was a whole other story! It was bold, bright, and such a seductive shade of red. Finally, after little hesitation, I bought it as a late birthday gift. I'm so glad I did! This blush looks amazing on and really brings out the color in my eyes (which I was surprised to see). It looks natural and healthy which is a big plus for me. If you're wondering whether or not to get this one, I promise you'll be glad you did! :)