Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.2

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I did want to love this. I am a BE lover and needed something to make my beloved glimmers/shadows/glimpses last all day. The lid portion was dry and did not apply smoothly. It works better when you put it on your finger first and then smooth onto lid. The lip product fared better. I only put it on the lower lip and then pressed my lips together to transfer it. I did like this part of the duo, but I like Laura Geller's eye/lip spackle compact much better.

on 10/26/2003 8:34:00 PM

I was disappointed when I purchased this product. I love virtually everything from Smashbox so I had high hopes for this. The lid primer is a bit hard and the lip primer goes on like a light-colored 'mask'. It changes the color of the lipstick I am placing over it. I don't think I will be repurchasing this but look forward to other Smashbox items.

on 5/3/2003 5:00:00 PM

Ok, I am glad I RIS, because it is super tiny, but for what it is...it's of decent quality. I much prefer Alexandra DeMarkoff Disguise for Eyes for a lid primer, but the lip primer was ok. I tried this at a smashbox event and the MA literally just smudgied a little on my lips. A little goes a long way. I thought it was best to get for my travelling, so I don't have to carry jars and jars of stuff. continued >>

on 7/24/2003 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS! Let me say first that I have only used the lid primer, and I love it enough that even if the lip primer didn't exist, I'd still buy it for this! Wow. MUCH better than L'Oreal DeCrease, and dare I say, up there with Benefit FY Eye!! Kind of hard going on (seems to tug a bit) but just smooth it out with your fingers and you have a base that does not budge! This even works to keep BE glimmers on! Only negative so far with the Smashbox Lip & Lid Primer is that the size is incredibly small ... when it first arrived I actually thought they had sent me the wrong thing. VERY small, not a ton of product for the $20-ish bucks or so on QVC. I see now that they have two colors, a dark and a light, which is nice.

on 5/15/2003 6:42:00 PM

I'm actually liking this product! For both the lip and the lid, I put some on my finger then smudge on (luckily a nice lady that was also making a purchase recommended this to me AND said the lip side goes a long way, so just apply a teeny bit). The lid primer makes my e/s last all day, and evens out my skintone nicely. I don't use the lip side as much, but it does help my glosses stay on longer. Not bad stuff, plus it's very compact, which is a huge plus for me.

on 10/22/2003 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Neither component does much for me in terms of increasing the staying power of lipstick and eyeshadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product was such a disappointment! When I got it in the mail from QVC, I couldn't believe how tiny it is! There is NO product, it's all packaging (which I have to admit is really cute/clever). It's a lip primer on one side, which was the only part I wanted, and a lid primer on the other. The lip primer did what it was supposed to do, wipe out your natural lip color so colors go on truer. The lid part went on nice and smooth, but creased after 5 minutes. This one went right back to QVC!

on 4/5/2003 2:38:00 AM

I actually like this primer. I bought my first tube of it back in November. This is not a bad product at all. I've found that the lid primer does help shadows to cling to the skin so they can last longer. It kind of has a concealer/lipstick texture. I like putting some on my finger and just blending it onto the lid, it works great. (I also like topping it off with a spritz of Ben Nye Final Seal to set everything down and make it waterproof) The lid primer is good as well. It helps the lipstick color to go on truer and somewhat prolongs the lasting power. I think i'd buy this again

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this one. I bought it for the lid primer, but like others said, it's a bit dry so application isn't that smooth, my e/s still creased but after about 3 hours as opposed to 2 without the lid primer. The lip primer is better and keeps my l/s on and in place. While that's nice, since I purchased the product for the lid performance, I'm somewhat dissapointed. I'm a big Smashbox fan, but this one is somewhat of a miss.