MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful, just glows on my NC40-42 skin, always get loads of compliments. The golden multi-dimensional pink is lovely. Quality is everything you've come to expect from MAC. This is a staple for me.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This pinkish/coral/gold color looks good on my eyes, but I absolutely cannot apply it all over the lid. I need a light champagne/beige color on my inner third eye so I don't look tired. The color does wake up my green eyes, though. Which I love. I enjoy wearing it with coppers, golds and reddish browns. I might repurchase. We'll just have to see :).

on 2/11/2012 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is another one of my favourite MAC shadows! It's beautiful on its own all over the lid or blended with a crease colour. It's very versatile and goes with many other colours. I like to wear it with Naked Lunch and Swiss Chocolate. It looks beautiful on blue eyes.

on 2/9/2012 5:23:00 PM

This looked really nice and bronzy when I swatched it at the Mac counter, but unfortuntely on my eyes it's too pink and makes my look ill.. :( Can't complain on the quality and I love the finish! Just not my color.. Will put this up for swap

on 2/14/2012 9:22:00 PM

I Love expensive pink.! Its a golden pink with sort of a duo chrome. Depending on the colour you pair it with, its gorgeous. I use it mostly with stars n rockets and woodwinked. The color payoff is good just don't pack on too much or you may end up looking tired xD

on 2/5/2012 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I expected to love this. It loked so beautiful swatched, I instantly fell in love with it and I was looking at it again and again for months before I bought it, and a few weeks ago I finally did.
The problem I have with it is, that on my lids this color doesn't look nearly as special as it does swatched :/ It is just a goldeny pink. I have to be really careful t use it, because if I wear it with the wrong shades of brown it looks weird. I can't even describe what it is, maybe it just doesn't really suit me.
The pigmentation is perfect for my needs - not too sheer, but not too opaque either - and I love the finish.
I don't know if I would repurchase, but I can definitely say that it is a color worth having, if it suits you :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love Expensive Pink, in fact, my sister is out right now buying a new one!

COLOR: medium peachy, copper-gold pink (it's multidimensional)
TEXTURE: it's a veluxe pearl so the formula is very smooth and applies wonderfully like my favorite eyeshadows (Lancome Color Design). Definitely not at all like some of the drier MAC shadows.
WEAR: it does last a fairly long time, but I do notice it starts to crease towards the very end of the day, but it's not too bad.

_____________________________________________________________

I'm medium tan (NC42) and this looks great on my skintone, even better in the summer.
How I use 'Expensive Pink':
(1) as an all-over lid shade for a natural look [on my summer skintone. It looks more intense in the winter and it would on lighter skintones]
(2) all over the lid with black blended in the outer corner for a more dramatic look that isn't too over the top. You could do this for a night out but it's definitely subtle enough for the day
(3) all over the lid with a dark brown shadow blended in the outer corner. This is a softer look than the one I mentioned above. This is a subtle smokey look that looks great on those with olive/warm undertones, light or dark. I love doing this to add some more definition when using this color.

_____________________________________________________________

This is a very beautiful, versatile shade that's easy to work with and would look good on just about every skin color from the lightest to the darkest! Mine shattered, which was unfortunate and odd since I have never had this happen with another MAC eyeshadow. I had to crush up the remaining with the back of a brush and apply it like a pigment - inconvenient but it worked well enough given the texture of this shadow. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

This is such a pretty color. It almost leans coral to me & I love how it looks different depending how youre lookin at it. very pigmented & easy to blend. Perfect for the summer or spring! It is also one of those eyeshadows you can put on the lid and blend it out & youre set!

When i first go this i was a little nervous about it.
Normally pink make my eyes look so tired.
But this eye shadow is so different!
It's a warm color. So it doesn't make you look tired at all
You can build it up and down. Which is good for work/school
I think i looks best on fair/medium skin color, just because you can't really see it in darker skin colors.

on 2/5/2012 5:25:00 AM

Agree with other comments - it changes depending on what you pair with it, which I love. On me it pulls more coral-pink. Would personally recommend for blue eyes - on the lid it emphasises the blue without being too much for everyday. I've gotten several comments whilst wearing it, which is always nice.