The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

on 3/14/2009 9:01:00 AM

I love this perfume oil, i use it almost every day. I will get the vanilla oil next time i visit The Body shop, and try mixing these two. Thanks for the tip :-)

on 1/4/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love putting this underneath my mure et musc extreme, it makes it "muskier" and last longer. I don`t like wearing this on its own, I find it to be too old-lady-like. But as a base for any fruity or floral scents it`s PERFECT!

on 10/8/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVED this when I tried it in the store! I didn't think I would like it because of the musk, but it is delightfully tolerable! It's a very intimate fragrance and the exact opposite of anything floral or overly feminine/sweet smelling. I'm not really into perfumes usually and this suits me perfectly - I would feel quite comfortable wearing this daily.

on 10/24/2008 1:38:00 AM

It is OK but very light. citychick1 had a great idea and mixing with vanilla ( I use the lavanilla body cream first)and that does make a nice scent. But basically it is very faint and soft, does not last , is not the musk I am searching for.

on 8/7/2008 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Men love this fragrance! It's really a nice smell, not overpowering and really sexy if you do it right.

I have the perfume oil and I love it, although the lasting power isnt as good as it used to be, and the bottle isnt good for travel, as it does leak and the oil is not something you want spilled on anything porous. Thats why I cant give it a perfect mark.

on 7/19/2008 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this! it smells lovely and comforting. my boyfriend loves it hehe. i get alot of compliments when i wear it, and it also lasts for ages.

however, be careful not to put too much on it as it will give you a headache =S

UPDATE: after a while this gets abit sickening and old-ladyish. maybe it was just too mature for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't say enough good things about this lovely scent. It's incredibly feminine and pleasant, smells clean, comforting, floral and sexy. I like how portable the little bottle is (great for travel or for carrying with you in your purse or work bag) and I also find that the scent lasts all day. Best of all, this is very affordable. I get compliments from people when I wear this-it's a keeper. Can definitely compete with many of the "luxury" fragrances out there both in terms of complexity and lasting power.

I add a couple of dabs of Vanilla and a couple of dabs of White Musk perfume oils from The Body Shop on my wrist and rub them together. The result is....WOW, absolutely gorgeous!

I got the idea from another reviewer on here who said the two worked well together (so a big thankyou to jules007!) I tried the White Musk oil on its own and wasn't sold on it - thought it was ok, but wouldn't have bought it on its own. But when I mixed it with the Vanilla something magical happened. I'm seriously expecting to be followed down the street when wearing this mix (hopefully by cute guys)!

I haven't actually mixed the contents of the two bottles of perfume oil themselves together as I'm not sure how well that would work and don't want to risk wasting any, but it works well for me just rubbing the two together on my wrist.

So next time you find yourself in The Body Shop, have a test of these two together for yourself and breathe in the beautiful scent - divine!

I knocked one star off only because ideally the scent would come ready blended - but really it's not a hassle to get the two separately, especially when they are so reasonably priced.

UPDATE: I've now blended these two perfume oils together in a little refillable perfume atomiser bottle I found in Boots, and I find this is the best method of applying it, as adding a dab of each on your wrist and rubbing together can result in the scent being a bit overpowering - whereas a little spray on a wrist does the trick. Oh and my bfriend LOVES this - can't get enough of it! Everytime I try out a new perfume he says nooooo, I like your current perfume, don't change it. Which is fab as it's super cheap :-)

on 3/19/2008 12:12:00 PM

This has been my HG fragrance since 1993, when I got a whiff of it on a fellow counselor at arts camp...A drop rubbed on my wrist pulse, and on the back of my neck is part of my morning post-shower ritual...it's virtually the only "perfume" ever that doesn't give me a headache (cloying, flowery smells make me nauseated & headachey).
White Musk is a lovely light musk -- not too heavy, but not overly "girly" -- it's a sexy, sophisticated scent that doesn't scream "I'm wearing perfume!!!". & I've found that guys seem to really love this...

on 4/7/2008 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have loved this since school days. Then the perfume oils at body shop used to last forever...what a shame. I still have mostly musk which I bought 15 yrs ago and still three quarters left in the 15ml bottle!

Anyway, white musk perfume oil is far better then the edt or edp. I know it has the initial synthetic smell but i use this on my clothes as it lasts for ages (where it will not stain) and on my wrists. This is an exception because it can give me a headache but i just love this fragrance and always will. I have bought so many perfumes over the years but always come back to this one. It is cheap, convenient to carry and i get so many compliments with this (as well as with opium and coco).

I wish the older perfume oils that have been discontinued would come back. I heard rose musk was lovely but i never got to try. Ananya is also a nice green scent esp for those who would like a cheaper alternative to chanel no 19.

Popular Fragrances