Murad Acne Complex

Murad Acne Complex

2.3

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

After I ran out of my other products, I thought I would give this a try and had an extremely bad reaction that sent me to the dermatologist. My skin oily and acne prone. I would say buy the small set and try it out. It's not the best treatment out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this product isnt the worst but it isnt the best. i had to carry it back today because i saw a little improvement but at the same time i was breaking out in other areas which was a no no for me. i tried it for about 2 and a half weeks. And the toner comes out a lot when you use it. dont recommend it but everyones skin is different so it may or may not work for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally speaking, Murad is pricey in comparison to Proactiv and since Proactiv was terrible on my skin, I was very reluctant to try Murad. However, I believe in investing in my skin and if the product works for me, regardless of the price, I am willing to invest in it.
I have the Murad acne complex 60 days. During the first couple of weeks, my skin got worse. A LOT WORSE. It was terribly red and my cheeks and jawline was filled with acne. I hated it and I immediately contacted Murad. The person told me to use the topical gel once a day instead of twice. So now I only use it at night. It took a while for my skin to get used to it because my skin is super sensitive. So, it's been almost 9 weeks now and I'm still sticking to Murad and FINALLY, i'm seeing some results. It takes a lot of dedication and commitment to stick to something especially if you don't see it working right away. But, my skin is slowly healing and the acne bumps are going away. I think I went through a seriously disgusting purging period. Anyways, it did left a lot of scarring which I am still working on. So, fingers crossed, praying this product will finally work for my acne!

UPDATE: It doesn't work. The acne never went away and I'm not sure which product was it in the complex that broke me out but I stopped using it. The whole "purging process" wasn't the case for me. It just kept breaking out until I stopped using it. FAIL

on 7/12/2010 10:34:00 PM

When I ordered this stuff my acne was not bad at all...I just had a couple of zits here and there..My gosh did I regret buying this...even till this day when I see the Murad infomercial I get so pissed off knowing they are false advertising this crap.. My face became so red and I started breaking out like you would not believe..I went from having 3-4 pimples to 20sumthing all over my face in less than 2 weeks ..I was so embarrassed and so pissed of...This product is TERRIBLE!!!!...Thank god it's been over 4 years since this happen and now my face is super clear thanks to the Mario Badescu skin care products...Now this stuff works!!

on 6/23/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so i decided to try this product... STAY AWAY! I broke out so bad that i had to go see a SPECIALIST! and have acne laser treaments done! The 1st few days my face looked great! then it just broke me out so bad! and my face was soooo red!

I called them and got my money back!

I'm not sure why the Acne Complex Kit hasn't been a hit with other people on here, but I really like it. I like it better than any other acne system I've tried, because it leaves my skin feeling soft and not irritated. I feel like it helps new skin cells emerge so I always have fresh, glowing, youthful looking skin. I still break out, but I've chalked that up to bad hormones, which I'm looking into fixing no topical treatment can cure most root causes of acne. I will say, though, that Murad's products have been the best for my super oily, acne prone skin. Aside from my breakouts, which coincide with my cycle, my skin is radiant. I actually get compliments from people, and from estheticians when I get facials. Next stop: hormone doctor.

on 5/26/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I purchased this a Sephora and gave this a try even though some of the reviews on here was not very high at all. I thought what the heck and did it anyways since Sephora has a return policy.
I used this for a little over a week and sure enough had to return it.
When I used it the first couple time I thought huh this might work but after about 5 days my face to broke out in places that I never did before and my face felt like someone wiped my face with grease, it was awful.
So please really consider the reviews on here for I have learned again the hard way and wasted time and now trying to get my face at least back to the way it was before I tried this horrible stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a good size Acne Complex treatment kit at Sephora for a really good price, considering they're individual products are soooo over-priced. I decided to give this a try after an unsuccessful run with ProActiv. I was breaking out about everyday. I've been using the treatment for about 2 months now and I still have a significant amount of product left. It did make my skin better, which no over-the-counter acne treatment had done so before. I do still have the occasional blemish here and there, maybe once every 2 weeks or so. However, my younger sister went to buy the same kit I had at Sephora and found out it wasn't available anymore. She paid even more than I had for a lot less product. She has since then purchased it again (full price individual bottles). I honestly can't see myself spending THAT much for this treatment. After all my product is gone, I'm going to be purchasing Mario Bedascu acne treatments from my local Beauty 360 store. The prices are MUCH better and its natural. If my skin breaks out again then I will have to return to this. But as of now, I'm not considering buying it again.

The only reason I gave this two lippies is because it did manage to clear my skin up, but two weeks later my acne came back. It's too bad because the products themselves felt so nice on my skin and had a luxurious feel. I returned this to Sephora right when I started breaking out again, I now use Avon's ClearSkin line, it works so much better. This was enough of a disappointing product for me to never buy anything else from Murad.

I have to say I was one of those who posted that Murad didnt work. I thought for sure it would work after trying other product. When I first tried Murad, my face looked horrible after two weeks. I thought it was the purging they talk about so I kept going. I had big red, ugly marks and pimples where I never got them before. They were under my skin and would not pop. They really hurt. I bounced around using a few different things from the drug store and department stores. Nothing made it better. I finally called Murad and spoke with customer care. I gave a piece of my mind on how the acne kit didnt work. She listened and then helped me find the right products. I found out that I didnt really have acne. Products dont stop working but you change. Hormones, stress, diet and climate all make your skin do things too. I did not know that and I thought it was acne. I can say that while I did bash the product, now that I got advice I do like their line and recommend it. Before you start the acne complex talk to someone there. Make sure you are buying the right thing for your skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products