Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

4.3

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Got this through a swap and it has completely turned my skin around in a matter of days! I am still repairing the damage caused by use of tretinoids and this got rid of the dry layers on my skin, improved the texture, shrunk my pores, and helped minimize the amount of clogged pores. I was using the 50% formula a while back and that was way too strong for me. It tore up my skin! No joke.
I cleansed my skin with an antibacterial cleanser, then used the prep toner, then applied this liberally for about 4-5 minutes.
I have only used it once but will continue to update. I suspect my skin will only get better.
Other things I started using: Azelex cream and sometimes a glycolic acid gel.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this is surprisingly effective! I was unsure when ordering, but I've been pleased with the results. I started out doing a peel every week, now I sometimes lag to every other week. But my skin looks so much smoother and more even toned when I do this. It helps with clogged pores, rough skin texture, fine lines to an extent as well. It is a good value as opposed to having this done at a day spa or the like.

on 12/2/2005 12:23:00 AM

A definite repurchase. As other reviewers state, it is a nice gradual peel. My skin feels smoother and tighter afterwards. I use it about 1-2X week and it clears the pores and smoothes/softens everything out after each use. I got the trial size and it just lasts forever. Slight tingling upon application but otherwise it's pretty nonirritating.

on 6/27/2004 8:26:00 PM

I bought this product in 2002 to work on some uneven skintone and scarring I had from a bout of cystic acne. Over the past two years I have used this relatively regularly, anywhere from four times a month in winter to once a month in summer. This peel is gentle but very effective at cleaning pores, smoothing skintone, minimizing lines, and giving your skin an increased brightness and clarity. It also worked on smoothing my acne scars, but it was gradual-- if you are looking for something immediate, you should use a deeper peel. This peel is wonderful for preventing and exfoliating clogged pores and ashy/lined skin. The best part is that two years into using the same bottle, I am only an eighth of the way through it!

on 7/14/2005 10:07:00 AM

This is a great at-home peel. If you are new to peels (as I was,) and hesitant of the spa peel (for fear of the price and intensity of the peel,) this is for you. I have sensitive skin (pale, freckles, combination skin) and am 35 - starting to see the first signs of age spots, wrinkles, uneven tone (though most people wouldn't see this, I do.)

I bought the second to largest bottle, and 8 months later I am almost ready to purchase another bottle - mostly because the prep solution is almost out. I have more of the peel serum.

My advice is to start slowly. Use it 2 - 3 times a week. Start at 1 minute, then work up 1 minute increments probably every 3rd use. The first peels you may not notice much, but trust me, it's working. And your skin is getting used to it. You will find what amount works for you. For me it is 4 minutes, but my skin can be a bit sensitive. When you get to the higher minutes, you will notice peeling for a couple of days (not horribly visible to others, but probably only to you.) Be sure to keep using the soap they send with it. You may also want to buy their larger bar for $10 - - it is very worth it. It is "soapless" soap, and I am hooked.

Now that I am almost finished with this bottle, I will probably graduate to the next strongest peel.

Also, I was hesitant about this, so i emailed them and the owner emailed me back with good advice and recommendations. She was very helpful.

I've been using this peel every week for about a month. I'm NC20 w/oily skin. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I find that this product is harsh, although I do not have sensitive skin. It is much harsher than MUAC's Lactic Acid peel, in my opinion.

I keep this product well away from children and my eye area during use. I can really feel a chemical sting/burn.

That being said, this is a very inexpensive way to do at-home facials. I ordered the sample size from MUAC, which lasts for months of weekly use. I typically wash first with the included green bar, then use the blue neutralizer. I follow with the 30% glycolic. I use a watch to make sure that I don't leave this on for more than 60 seconds.

This product brings my face to a whole new level of clean. It basically takes off any dead skin, encourages fast re-growth of fresh skin and doesn't make my face any oilier.

To avoid the redness that typically occurs after I use it, I've begun to use this only at night so that redness in my skin has calmed down by morning. I follow this with a light moisturizer (Shiesedo The Pureness) and in the a.m. my skin is glowing and ready.

Other products I use: DDF 10% glycolic tonic and Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging cleansing wash (plus the moisturizers & usuals). If I am going to continue to use the MUAC's glycolic peel, one of these cleansing products will have to go---all three together is pretty harsh stuff. But given how effective MUAC's 30% glycolic peel is, it's probably going to be the PTR. I'm going to keep the MUAC in my regimine continued >>

on 11/21/2002 7:51:00 PM

I have glycolic peel (30%) at professional salon every month. I bought it to hope that I can lengthened the period between each visit. The tingling sensation is the same as the one I have at salon, which is MD Formulation. However, both at 30%, MUAC did nothing and MD Formulation fade scar for me.

I got the sample size and it worked really well for the first month. On my fifth time using it, I accidently put on too much in certain spot, and i got burned. my skin got brown (like it was sunburned) and then peeled over the next three days on the spot when i was burned by the acid. Due to that bad experience, i stopped using the peel. For future users, please be careful of burning your skin.

on 3/21/2003 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. After the first week, I freaked. I started getting pimples come up on my cheeks, where I had never had any trouble w/ breakouts before. My pores in that area had just always looked sort of large and a dirty(not quiet like blackheads). I thought, what have I done. So I did some research on the web, and found places that promised this was normal. Gently peeling layers of the skin where deep down dirt is embedded will result in the dirt working out, as a pimple. Be patient, they said, it will get better. I wasn't at all patient, but I stuck it out, like 3-4 days later, the pimples were gone, my skin is the smoothes ever, I have less blackheads, less oiliness, and I have a glow to my skin that I have never seen before. I'm 29, and this is the best my skin has ever looked. I am by the way ,using it with their Glycolic cleanser and moisturizer for oily skin, which I also love. This stuff, for me, has been a miracle. I look like I'm twenty-three again. The bonus is, fine lines around my eyes, faint laugh lines that I had kept my eye on, have faded too!

on 2/15/2004 10:35:00 AM

I have been using this peel once a week for 3 weeks now with excellent results! It is easy to use and mild. My skin is noticibly clearer, and has a glowy sheen to it. Blackheads just pop right out, especially around the nose area. I was highly impressed with the speed in which I received my order and the packaging. I ordered on a Monday and had the product by Wednesday!!! This product also came with a free sample bar of their green tea soap all wrapped in a little bag. I just ordered the 40% peel to see how my skin will handle it. Highly Recommend!!!