Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.4

on 4/28/2008 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Mineral Veil to set my foundation/concealer, and it really gives my skin a natural looking glow while minimizing oiliness. I've tried other powders when I was too lazy to get my butt to sephora, and everything else makes my skin look cakey or makes me break out.

UPDATE: I am no longer buying this. MUFE HD powder has set the gold standard for powders. I can't stop raving about it!

on 4/4/2008 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i don't like BE but i do like the mineral veil. it does in fact keep oil and shine in check while setting your mmu. it works well, but there are other mmu setting/finishing powders of better quality and better price.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm confused at why this amazing product has such a low rating! I use this over any foundation, liquid or powder... It really sets nicely and makes my skin looks like it's been airbrushed... my pores appear smaller and my skin looks matte...

on 2/7/2008 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I LOVE Mineral Veil. It can work well under your foundation - but I use it mostly as a finishing powder to help set your foundation. I switched to Everyday Minerals for my foundation [BE foundation irritated skin after several months of use]. I might test out some of their powders, but I doubt I will find something I'll love as much as the Mineral Veil [if I do - I'll write a review about!]

It feels cool to the skin. Silky soft. Refreshing on my face. Mineral Veil helps to minimize my pores. Doesn't irritate my skin. Definitely helps with oil control. I still might have to blot once during the day - but I do carry some Mineral Veil around in the BE compact should I have need. It doesn't do the "cakey" thing that powders can do throughout the day. It just feels good to have on. No smell. No problem with eyes or lungs [by inhaling]. I do use a Flawless Application Brush to put this on and it does work - however I am also searching for the ultimate powder brush.

Be Warned - it can be messy to tap into the lid - but you have to use a restraining hand. It does seem to last a good long time - a plus when spending the coin for it.

The only reason I give this 4 lippies due to possible mess during application as well as cost - $18 is a bit high. But the product really is a gem so perhaps it's worth it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was wondering around in Sephora shopping for others and ended up buying a Mineral Veil for myself because I love mineral make up. But I usually never wear the setting spray stuff after you put on mineral make up because my skin is so sensitive. I thought this would be a great replacement for it. It didn't do anything for me. I still look the same as before. No difference. I would not get it again. I will just continue wearing mineral make up without the setting spray or the veil. I am currently wear a natural moisturizer that holds my mineral make up all day anyway. It seems to work well for me.

on 12/31/2007 10:20:00 AM

Mineral Veil came in the BE starter pack I bought for $50 at Ulta. I like the regular BE powder foundation for evening out the mild redness on my cheeks and chin. I use the mineral veil because it's there, but it really doesn't seem to add anything. I was hoping that it would brighten my under-eye area but it doesn't. The regular powder foundation takes care of any shininess when first applied, so MV is redundant if applied at the same time. If I am more shiny than I care to be, I use one the various powdered blotting papers and that is more precise and cheaper. Maybe MV would be good for someone who gets shiny later in the day and needs a touch-up without adding color.

on 12/27/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

For years I used Mineral Veil religiously with my BE Bare Minerals Foundation because I thought it looked good. (Read my other reviews for more on that) Looking back on photos from last year, I now realize how unhealthy my skin really looked - dull, dusty and dead. I quit using BE earlier this year due to the horrible condition my skin was in.

Mineral Veil was basically useless. Why?
- After a few hours my skin was back to normal and very dry around the edges of my nose.
- Does nothing for pores. Absolutely nothing. You can get t5he same results by dusting cornstarch or talc on your skin. That's how bad it is.
- My pores were enlarged and clogged due to all the layering of the powders - BM, Mineral Veil and Warmth. Your pores do not need a layer of clogging dust on them daily!
- It might look good the first few months, but you will end up with damaged, clogged, dull and tired skin within a year or so and you'll pay extra to fix the damage.

Luckily, I stopped using all BE products, and the damage that Mineral Veil and Bare Minerals did to my skin has reversed after countless pore cleaning sessions with masks, lactic acid, and changing my skin regimen.

I will never use BE products again! Don't fall for the brilliant marketing hype!

on 12/16/2007 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This was the most useless product I have ever tried! I returned my $ 400 order to Sephora and bought many other better products. I tried to switch to mineral make-up to combat my sensitive skin, but this whole line inflamed my skin and made it itchy. I would never ever think of repurchasing this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was part of my first experience with mineral makeup. Now that I have a lot of experience with other brands, I find MV to be too drying and flattening for my neutral skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product, but it makes me itch! I just want to claw my face off after applying. Still, it does set my makeup, keep oil at bay, and lasts all day. I have an oily t-zone and I don't have to repowder during the day after using this. Still, I'd love to find a version that doesn't make me itch.