Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the way this feels on my oily sensitive skin.

It wasn't cheap, but is definitely worth it's price.

Very simple, easy to recycle store packaging. Love that it is in a pump - helps me ration it, and I've heard that using moisturisers in jars can lead to acne.

Like anyone, I want to keep my skin healthy and youthful. As I went into my 30s I noticed a couple things:
1) I still had oily skin and it seemed that seemed to get more pimples than other women my age.
2) I didn't seem to have as many wrinkles as those same women my age.
So, although I knew I needed to start moisturizing so keep my skin healthy and youthful, I had a hard time adding that to my routine...when anything I tried felt ucky on my face and I didn't think I really needed it yet. However, now that I am closer to 40 than 30...I thought I should try to find something. This product was recommended, and I've used it every day since I bought it. I will definitely use it all up, and buy it again.

on 1/19/2013 5:17:00 AM

I wish this moisturizer hadn't broken me out because I loved what it did for my skin otherwise. It provided the perfect amount of hydration, left my complexion looking dewy and lovely. The non-greasy formula was excellent for my oily/combo skin. At first I was so impressed, I thought it was my HG moisturizer at last.
Then after a few days of use I started getting these really weird, large, under-the-surface-type blemishes that took forever to go away. The only other product that has caused that kind of reaction for me is Clinique's DDML. No problems with Clinique's other moisturizers, I've tried a ton of them. I think the yellow dye Clinique uses in these two products was breaking me out. I could be wrong, but I won't be using either one ever again.

on 1/4/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I continue to come back to this product (I use the lotion with the pump which I find is excellent for making the product last). From time to time I try other moisturisers with fancier gimmicks and marketing ploys, but this 'moisture drink' is the only one I trust, and the only one I feel I get my money's worth with. It is simple and effective and my skin thanks me too. Kind people often tell me I have nice skin. I give Clinique the credit for the occasional compliment that comes my way.

on 10/19/2012 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I know Clinique has developed somewhat of a bad reputation for skin care over the years and this was an impulse purchase( in the travel size) a few weeks back. It has been many years since I used Clinique, but Iíve certainly tried a number of brands since (especially having worked in cosmetic dermatology and a cosmetic surgeonís office). When I moved to a drier climate a year ago I started noticing that I could not get away without using a moisturizer anymore, mostly due to my RX acne topicals and less humidity. The dilemma I run into has been that as soon as I am able to moisturize the irritated dry skin, the acne comes right back and it turns into a never-ending cycle. Usually, I just choose the dried out flaky skin rather than risking more creams that cause more acne. Well, Iím very impressed with this product. I waited a few weeks to review it here, and I can now report I haven't had a clogged pore or a negative result (knock on wood!) I'm pleasantly surprised and returned to the store tonight to buy the larger pump size. This is perfect for those who are older yet acne prone, needing a fairly basic moisturizer that wonít cause further problems. Itís funny because my husband has even noticed that my skin is more even and les red. I would definitely recommend it. Iíd like something with age fighting properties, but honestly I know there is only so much skin care can do for that and the more ingredients usually means more potential for problems. Anti-aging skin care can help the appearance of aging, but it is temporary. Nothing short of a surgeonís knife or needle can really change things that much. I am happy I tried this.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this moisturizing gel. It's definitely for people who have oily skin. My makeup goes on very smooth after applying this gel and my face remains shine-free throughout the day. This is the only moisturizer that has been effective in keeping my face shine-free even when I'm outside in the humid FL sun. It also smoothed away the fine lines under my eyes, and when I wake up in the morning my eyes look so revived and awake. I would definitely recommend this gel moisturizer if you have oily/combo skin. I use this in conjunction with Clinique's 3-step system (liquid facial soap, astringent, moisturizing gel).

on 5/20/2012 8:37:00 PM

I used this Gel years ago and stopped, what a huge mistake. I am going back to Clinique Skin Care because it is one of the best.I really do not think it is too expensive, $24.50 and it lasts forever. All you need is one pump in the morning and one at night. The moisture lasts all day long and my skin is not oily by noon. My skin is soft and clearer than it has been in years. GREAT PRODUCT!!!

on 3/29/2012 4:16:00 AM

Since I have problem with acne around my T-zone areas, I am still looking for the right moisturizer plus the weather where I live in is humid and very hot. I find that this product absorb quickly and good for day use. So far my acne isn't bad as before and my skin is looking better.

on 3/8/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using the original Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for more than 20 years. I use this in the summer as a light moisturizer. I really like this because I can use it on my face as well as around my eyes without any irritation. I have the big pump bottle at home and the tube in my gym bag.

on 2/13/2012 10:05:00 AM

If this moisturizer is not good for your skin , doesnít mean that itís not a good product. Try something else. I love love this moisturizer. My skin type for Clinique is III-Combination oily BUT I use the mild facial soap and the clarifying lotion 2 ( its much gentle for my skinÖI know my skin better than anyone ). This is the best moisturizer before you apply makeup! The only thing that I donít like is the priceÖvery expensive ( 53 euro the 125ml here in Greece ).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG moisturizer! I bought the smaller tube of this on a whim while waiting in line at Sephora. And, boy am I glad that I did! I have very oily/acne prone/sensitive skin, and most moisturizers (even those for oily skin) make my face feel greasy. This doesn't. It's a very lightweight gel that absorbs quickly, and makes my face feel soft & hydrated. It also doesn't aggravate my sensitive/acne prone skin. It is pricey...more than I'm use to spending for a moisturizer. But, a little bit a long way, so it will be a long time before run out. I will definitely buy this again.