MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.5

Wow! I bought this yesterday, and I'm loving it so far! It really is like my lips but better. It looks very dark in the tube, but when I put it on, it turns my pale pink lips a lovely shade of sheer berry. It's great to use with more dramatic looks, because it's so subtle that it'll draw attention to the rest of your makeup rather than make you look to overdone. Fab!

on 8/28/2004 5:31:00 AM

Like everyone says, it's a great gloss. It reminds me of Popmode Lipglass only less grapey and less bronzy. It's more of a berry shimmer. It actually stays on my lips for at least 4 hours.

on 8/13/2004 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my new favourite lipgloss from MAC. It looks like a very deep burgundy in the tube but it goes on sheer and give my lips a nice berry shimmer. As it goes on sheer, application is almost goof-proof. The lipbrush is very easy to use. The texture is also less thick than the normal lipglasses and feel much lighter. I like it both on its own as well as layered over another lipstick. When used over another lipstick, it punches up the colour, turns it a deeper red with a gorgeous shimmer.

on 6/8/2004 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Mauvey berry colour, nice shimmer..not too dark, not too light, great on! Less sticky than lipglasses. I like that it has a brush applicator.

Hmmm. .now I love MAC lipglasses so I was excited about this product. I really like the sheerness of it but it lasts about 10 minutes on me. I hate that. The color runs all over the place and globs in some places. I guess I am overapplying trying to get it to stay. The color descriptions are pretty accurate. This is ok if you don't mind reapplying or living without the really glossy effect you get when you first apply. I will stick to lipglass in the future.

on 7/1/2004 3:40:00 PM

This is a very beautiful lipgloss with a nice, comfortable feel on the lips. Unlike most glosses I've used, it doesn't feel heavy or too sticky. Mind you, I haven't really tested it out in high winds yet so we'll have to see if it passes the 'my hair is stuck to my lips' test that pretty much all glosses fail. (UPDATE: It failed. Waaaaaaaah!!!!) This colour "Decorative" is absolutely gorgeous. It looks pretty dark in the tube but it is a subtle plum on the lips - it's totally fine for daytime. The shimmer is also really wonderful; it gives my lips much dimension and sparkle without appearing tacky. The little lip brush that comes in the tube is great for precise application. And unlike some of my other MUA reviewers, I looooove the vanilla scent of MAC lip products! My only complaint with this Decorative Lustreglass is I've noticed after an hour or two of wear, some of the pigment gravitates into the tiny cracks in my lips, which doesn't look so great up close but is hardly noticeably from a safe distance. It's nothing a little mashing of the lips together (or a touch-up of more lustreglass) won't fix. I would definitely repurchase this and will probably seek out more Lustreglass colours; I have an addictive personality when it comes to MAC products! continued >>

on 6/6/2004 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a stunning color! It's a sheer dark berry with lots of shimmer. It's very similar in color to Bazaarish or Sexier except in a more sheer and shiney formula. A definite winner. If Bazaarish is too deep or heavy for you, this is a good alternative to get that color but not as goth looking on.

on 5/28/2004 12:47:00 PM

This particular color is what I would call a GothLite color. It's a deep purple in the tube but goes on the mouth a kind of wimpy and shimmery blackened plummy lavendar. Probably pretty with the right coloring. The brush is a nice idea but my hair still sticks to the product on my lips and the lasting power is about as poor as the Lipglasses. Nice but not a keeper.

on 6/6/2004 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Decorative is a very pretty berry color l/g with lots of shimmer which I love because it gives my lips so much shine without needing to apply clear l/g over it! I really like the brush too, makes it so easy to apply! It is sheer though, so I do find myself having to reapply it more often then the reg. MAC l/g!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE MAC l/g's and this did not disappoint! :D I like the stickness of the usual lipglasses, these aren't sticky but they do last a good while. I also like the brush at the end of the wand. After buying this and liking it so much I immediately got another in Sinnamon which is almost exactly like Oh baby, another one of my faves!