Chanel Precision Eye Tonic Dark Circle Corrector

2.5

I have been using the product for 8 weeks now. Not as religiously as recommended (twice a day), but at least once a day five days a week. I have noticed some lightening of the dark circles under my eyes (I have chronic dark circles - inherent), but not as much as I was hoping for. I said yes to purchasing this product again because I am figuring that since I'm not using it as often as recommended, it will take longer to act. Hope, hope. This product is supposed to thicken the skin, which in turn will make the darkness less apparent, that makes sense, if it does indeed thicken the skin. The packaging is great, the rollerball makes for easy application, and easy to travel with.

This is a new product from Chanel, to help undereye dark circles. My dark circles are VERY dark, inherited. I've been using this product 2x a day religiously for about six (6) weeks. I usually use this with an eye moisturizer.

The package directions advise 3 applications per session. I did a single (1) application per session.

I did see a noticeable lightening immediately on the first application. However, I wanted a more dramatic change for the $50 price. Based on the advice of the Chanel counter at my local Nordstrom that it may take a few weeks, I kept applying it.

Over the past week, I've started noticing that my dark circles are MUCH lighter. The Eye Tonic package says it takes four weeks--for me it took six weeks. They have not disappeared completely, but now it is NOTICEABLY brighter--much much closer to the rest of my skin tone-- I am pleased with these results. I am still using a concealer--but a much sheerer one and I would consider leaving the house w/o a concealer at all (I never would have before!).

The application is fine--you use a steel ball applicator which is smooth, cool and pleasant. The product absorbs in a few minutes.

I guess the chanel precision line is just not for me b/c not only did this pdt (i think it was $50 from gloss.com) damage my eyes, so did the age delay for the eyes. The neat thing about this pdt is that it has this rolling applicator that's made of metal so when i apply it, it feels very "cool." It's supposed to get rid of dark circles but after using it for a couple of weeks, it just dried up my undereye area. I don't think that there's anything that will work for dark circles except for more sleep and massaging it out since it's underneath the skin like a bruise. It also STUNG LIKE HELL when i put it on. Save your $.

***
UPDATE: unfortunately, it ended up POSSIBLY drying out the area under my eyes a bit also...but it was hard to tell if it was it or something else, since I'm always trying new things. I still have the same bottle and still use it whenever I am going out b/c I think it does help *a little* (and temporarily) just doing it superficially like that from time to time. But can't say I stand by the thrill of my original impression :-( ***

WOW! This is the first dark circle treatment I've ever used where I honestly feel like I can SEE a difference VERY QUICKLY. I can't use a lot of the vitamin k products out there because they practically burn off the skin under my eyes, but I have been using this twice a day (followed by Vanicream where laugh lines will eventually appear) and I have not had that happen so far. Not only does it aborb 100% (and very fast, at that- it is a tonic and not an "eye cream"), it makes the area look better without looking all ridiculously shiny and sparkly like some. My makeup appears to go on better, stay on better, and I have DEFINITELY lightened up on my concealer from practically the first use or two of this. I am not a brand loyalist, so I have no "investment" in giving Chanel a great review on this. Now, I still have dark circles and you can still tell when I get more or lesser amounts of sleep by my undereye area, but this stuff is THE BEST SKINCARE PRODUCT I"VE EVER TRIED FOR DIRECTLY ADDRESSING MY PROBLEM. I am beyond thrilled.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)