Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 10/24/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

For me, this mascara is perfection. It holds a curl like a champ, doesn't smudge, easy to remove for a waterproof formula, and the brush is a real brush not one of those crappy new rubber bristle brushes. What I also love about the brush is that its bristles are tangle-y enough to grab my lashes and give them oomph and volume, yet the entire construct of it is narrow enough that I'm not constantly, accidentally smudging any mascara onto my contacts when I apply. That usually happens with the fat brushes I have used in the past (cosmetic companies like to drive home the "volumizing" quality of a mascara by packaging it with a giant, fat brush). The narrowness of the brush also allows me to really work the mascara onto my lashes and get at all of them. Thank you Maybelline for coming out with this mascara! The formula isn't too thick or heavy, it also isn't too wet or gloppy, luv! I have stick straight, stubborn, long lashes and after two coats I easily have pretty, dramatic lashes that are noticeable without being spider-tastic, crunchy, clumpy, or over the top. An elegant mascara, my HG.

on 10/13/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just finished my first tube. It lasted about three months but I don't use the same mascara everyday. I liked the formula and the brush. Holds a curl, no smudging and no clumping. I've always been satisfied with Maybelline WP mascaras. Can't decide if I like this better than Falsies so I'll probably repurchase either one depending on what's available.

on 7/26/2010 4:35:00 PM

for me this was a mediocre mascara. i didn't real build that much volume, but it didn't lose my curl either. it did clump my lashes together quite a bit though which is why i only gave it a 3. i'll finish off this tube but after that i'll be sticking with my maybelline lash stiletto.

on 9/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

Was thinking perhaps this was a new/improved version of my beloved Volum Express Waterproof - NOT! Clumpy lashes, racoon eyes mid day - YUK! I got rid of it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have "barely-there" lashes and I'm almost always wearing falsies. But when it comes to mascara, I always come back to this one. It's not perfect, for example I can't use this 2-3 months after I opened it because I'd risk my eyes getting irritation if I do that. I guess the formula does turn really bad after some time. But I don't mind repurchasing since it's cheap. This mascara does lengthen and define my lashes but I don't know about volumizing. I don't get raccoon eyes at the end of the day unlike with other maybelline mascaras and that's why I'm sticking to this!

on 8/13/2010 4:05:00 AM

This mascara is a really good waterproof mascara. This summer I bought it specially for hollidays on the beach and I didn't have any problems like smudging, clumps or i-don't-know-what-else))) and plus I wear contact lenses!
I also like the colour and the volume that it gives to my lashes. After 2 coats my lashes almost touche eye brows. It looks like you have naturally long ultra black eye lashes.
I have to use make-up remover because i can't wash it away with water but I guess it's about all waterproof mascaras.

on 7/8/2010 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's super-spidey! (mascara, that is)

Okay, that was corny. This mascara itched my eyes (a common problem for me, to be fair).

And then it was seriously super spidey in the clumping department. It also smudged noticeably. The flaking wasn't awful (just a little).

Why can't drugstore brands make a volumizing mascara that looks as awesome as Full N Soft WP but doesn't itch my eyes? This definitely isn't it. continued >>

on 6/30/2010 10:33:00 AM

I have been using this mascara for yonks, I have strayed to others out of curiosity but I always end up going back. I tend to stock up in the far east because they have the curved wand with the waterproof formula there.

First of all, I think it's a great value mascara, it's a drugstore brand so it's cheap. It doesn't clump and it gives my lashes both length and tonnes of volume. It doesn't smudge and give me panda eyes like other mascaras I have tried. The brush gives me a lovely fluttery, separated look and quite frankly I think it's one of the best mascaras money can buy.

I find that I can remove it easily at the end of the day without many lash casualties with boots no7 eye make up remover.
Another thing is, it seems to last longer than other mascaras, as in it doesn't go yucky as fast which is great!

I love this mascara, I'm not sure I will find anything better!

on 7/26/2010 5:20:00 AM

He usado esta mascara desde que salio y es una de las mejores del mercado, no entiendo el porque de las malas reviews, bueno tal vez si, hay dias en que las pestaas no hacen lo que tu quieres (como el cabello), pero defnitivamente a todas mis amigas que les he ahorrado 100's de dolares convirtiendolas a esta mascara, me lo han agradecido infinitamente....
No se corre, no se hace flaky, las pestaas duran todo el dia rizadas y se quita con un buen removedor de maquillaje contra agua.
ES UNA MARAVILLA...!!!

on 7/5/2010 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews about this mascara...this is my forever favorite mascara!! I always try other mascaras and I end up going back to this! I uploaded a photo (the one with the blue eye) and that was only with one coat! With one more my lashes come out great and make my eyes stand out :)