RCMA No Color Powder

RCMA No Color Powder
No Color Powder

3.9

Talc, silica

I brought this powder after hearing loads of youtubers and bloggers raving about this new inexpensive powder which kept you matte all day long. I have combination skin and always get an oily t zone throughout the day. When I first got this product I couldn't believe how much powder you get for the price. When I first used this I used it to set my under eyes and rest of the face with a fluffy brush....big mistake. I found that under my eyes this would make my concealer crease and separate and would look horrendous. I was so dissapointed. I then tried it with a sponge and it's amazing. I apply with a damp sponge in my oily areas and under my eyes and leave it to set for a few minutes and gently pat/wipe away the excess powder and it keeps my oily areas matte all day without looking dry, and it stop my under eye area from creasing all day which I used to have a real problem with. My only complaint about this product is the packaging. It's absolutely rubbish. It looks like a salt shaker and is so so messy but for the price you get a great product and so much of it. Would definitely re purchase again

on 11/30/2016 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I randomly bought this powder on Beautylish and I'm so glad I did. This powder is now a staple product in my makeup collection. It's a great quality powder with highly functional packaging. It sets my under eyes very well without enhancing dryness, and it's one of the very rare powders that effectively prevents my concealer from creasing. It's very inexpensive, $12 for 3 oz. It's actually way less expensive per oz than powders at the drug store. Despite owning it for 6.5 months now and using it pretty much every time I do my makeup, it's only 1/3 gone. My only complaint is that it's not really "colorless" as it claims to be. On my medium skin tone it actually is quite brightening, despite me not using much at a time. I don't usually mind, I've just accepted that I can only use it under my eyes. However, I can't use it even under my eyes if I have a tan because it leaves a noticeable white cast on my face. Something to keep in mind.

on 11/29/2016 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best setting powder I've ever used, and it's only $12. It's no frills, utilitarian packaging but that's not a concern for me; I rather would have something which performs consistently well.
About me: I'm 44, have combination to dry skin, some rosacea and melasma. I'm fair skinned ( about NC25 ) and this powder works beautifully; I press it into the skin with a powder puff ( Laura Mercier) over my primer and foundation. Too much will leave me looking dry, and I use Fix+ or similar to leave a dewy finish.
I've illustrated the pros but there ARE cons to this, and they might be:
1.) likely won't absorb excess oil; it is meant to "set" the face.
2.) while it is a "no color" powder it may not translate as well on beautiful darker skin tones; could appear ashy.
3.) comes in a sifter bottle and can get everywhere if you're not careful.
4.) both a pro and con- often sold out online due to its popularity; while it is a pro MUA product many YTers have sung its praises and people will buy it based upon those recs in droves.
I can't attest to its efficacy with "baking" ( setting under eye concealer or contour with powder in order to extend wear, or for performers under hot lights.) I don't perform on stage ( anymore) and I don't bother to contour; Mary Greenwell is a renowned MUA and suggests women over a certain age don't need it, but maybe bronzer instead to warm the face. I'm not suggesting people "shouldn't" do it- no rules in makeup- but for me I choose not to.
Overall this is a very inexpensive finely milled powder that won't add color/ texture to the face when setting makeup. I have purchased via Beautylish and Camera Ready Cosmetics also sells it; I have no affiliation with either but both sites offer great products and CS. I also think it is sold at brick and mortar stores like Naime's ( sp?)

on 10/30/2016 3:33:00 PM

I got this powder after hearing so many rave reviews on YouTube and I was disappointed. The powder made my skin look very dry when first applied, and then after a few hours started breaking down in my t-zone causing me to look cakey and oily. It settles into the lines under my eyes almost immediately, making them look much older and drier than they are.
Overall, this powder didn't seem to melt seamlessly into my skin as other powders have done.
The packaging, while small, is inconvienent and not easy to work with.
While this isn't the worst powder I have ever used, it didn't work well enough for me to repurchase, despite the low price. Nothing about this powder wowed me.

on 11/27/2016 3:42:00 PM

Soft
Silky
Smooth
Buttery
Silky silky silky! Not even my Laura mercier powder is this smooth and silky!
Doesn't make me look dry or ashy.

on 10/17/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this product mainly because I thought "professional" was just better than "commercial" when it comes to brands. I was wrong. If you're considering buying it, you have to take in count this is a setting powder, which means it needs something beneath to set.
Now I've been using it for a month or so, I realise professional products are meant to perform in extreme lighting conditions, not on a daily basis. The more products you wear (and the thicker the layering is) the best it'll perform. It doesn't control oil production and unless your skin is very fair, you cannot wear it by itself unless you want to look "ghostly".
So this is an excellent product, but not for a bare skin style.

on 9/20/2016 4:40:00 AM

Ride or die powder! Makes my skin look so smooth without making it look dry at all! Great for my pale skin

on 9/18/2016 2:37:00 AM

I love this product! This is one of my favourite setting powders. It applies invisible on your skin (thus the name No Color), it has no perfume and will not alter the shade of your foundation when you apply it as setting powder. It claims to not having any fillers but based on its main ingredients which are talc and silica, I am pretty sure both are categorized as fillers. Either way, I love how this applies on the skin. It keeps my base products in place so when I layer on my bronzer and blush, my foundation and concealer do not budge.

RCMA is a professional makeup line and so the price can be off putting. But considering you are getting 3 oz of powder, this becomes relatively cheap compared to drugstore products such as Milani, Maybelline and ELF when you compute the price per volume. I use this every day for the past two months and I have not even consumed one-tenth of the product! This is a very good investment and worth the hype.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HOLY GRAIL loose powder. I love everything about this product except for its packaging. This prod helps control my oil for hours and it also keeps the foundation in place. I had to take out the 1 star for the packaging, I find it hard to use.

on 10/1/2016 4:36:00 AM

This product is really great. If i wear this powder, my makeup doesn't move at all. I have oily skin so it helps a lot when I have this on. I don't feel the need to retouch my makeup which I do often when I use my rimmel stay matte powder. The only bad thing that I have to say about this powder is that don't think it's a "no color" powder even though it claims it is. I was feeling my makeup one night and I asked my sister to take a photo of me with flash on. I swear, I was frightened when I saw the pictures with the flash on. My face looked really white and you could see the powder caking on my face. It was bad. I wouldn't repurchase this product because I think there are better "no color" powder out there. Though it's cheap, it's not worth it.