Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really don't like Vaseline mainly because of the harsh petroleum smell but also because as a lip balm I find it only works as a quick fix and after it is soaked in, my lips actually feel more dry than they did in the first place.

I am writing this review to help anyone who may have the same problem - I have a solution!

Although it is becoming increasingly popular in the beauty world, I have found that a lot of my friends haven't ever heard of this product. If you have dry lips and find that no lip balm really solves this problem please, please consider Reve de Miel by Nuxe !!

It is pretty pricey for a lip balm but not extortionate and I promise you, it really works.

on 2/22/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily, dehydrated, reactive skin from hell that is also highly clog prone. I have literally tried just about everything to keep my skin under control, but it'll never be 100%. While I have found my staple cleanser and treatments, finding a moisturizer has always been a gigantic thorn in my side. Even the most plain, benign products such as Sebamed's Care Gel will work for a while and then start causing issues. Enter my new friend Vaseline. I put this only on my dry spots which are around my mouth, nose, and eyes. After cleansing I simply rub a little bit between my fingers and smooth it on - boom, no more dryness and the rest of my face can just deal with itself. Best of all I've had no clogging or sensitivity and the tiny amount I use sinks in without leaving an oily residue. I'll be sticking with this for a long time I believe and highly recommend trying it if you're as frustrated as I've been.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's Vaseline. Yep, Vaseline. Not much else to say about the formulation given that the one and only ingredient is petroleum jelly. No scent, and a huge tub is dirt cheap. Fortunately, it has tons of uses. I use it nightly as a lip balm, and always, always wake up with smooth, moisturized lips. I also use it as an occlusive over regular hand creams at night to prevent or soothe really dry, cracked hands. I wash my hands a zillion times a day because I'm my bedbound mom's caregiver and have a clinical volunteer job as part of my pre-nursing studies, and this is the one thing that can treat my scaly lizard hands. Speaking of being a nursing student: this is NOT carcinogenic. At all. It also doesn't clog my pores at all, although of course YMMV.

on 2/5/2015 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vaseline has saved my skin. I had a bad allergic reaction to Paula's Choice resist retinol serum which left my skin dry, with red patches en deep lines around my eyes. The only thing that calmed it down was good old vaseline. Because my face kept feeling hot in the evening and night, despite the dry areas having improved and the lines having virtually disappeared, I went to the doctor after about a week and he prescribed me cetomacrogol cream, but even that seemed to make the red areas flare up again. I just had to trust my own skin's reactions in the end and stick to vaseline.

everybody loves this.

be real, everybody loves this. a very good lip balm for my skin, i use it everytime and as a base of lip treatment/product i use.

here my story:
so i find myself always struggle with lip problem, it was flaky and dry all the time. everything i tried. name a brand of lip balm. and it didnt work out for me, the only was quite good is nivea lip balm that comes on green tube (i forgot the name). and then when it was runs out, i found it nowhere and i think it is discontinued on my country. so i am sad and grieving for my lips. i tried to go to my doctor but the lip treatment that they gave me not so good.
actually, i heard so many times about vaseline, but i never try it because it is not specifically stated for lip. and then i give it a try.........DAAAAAAMMMMNNN!!! i hope i started to use vaseline sooner, on my early teenage when my lip was on the worst.
vaseline gives me plump and healthy and smooth and kissable, name it!
i tried burt's bees ones, but it is gives me a flaky and hurt my lip so i comeback to this vaseline and this is like my holygrail. it is even beat the most organic thing ever, the burt's bees!!

i read so many times about vaseline that no good for ur skin blahblah, so i will try to expalin in a easy way. vaseline is petroleum jelly, which is the purest thing from crude oil. do not imagining crude oil as the one you use for gases. crude oil is more than that, it is the form of oil that extracted from deep ocean, deep wells on dessert. long story short, it is organic and nature made it.
so give vaseline a toast!

Lemme tell you about some of Vaseline's amazing usages. It's a moisturizer, a makeup remover, an eyelash conditioner, a lip balm, a great foot exfoliation finisher, and to keep your manicure cleanup simple you can rub some of this stuff around your nails before you start painting! Amazing!

on 2/2/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Vaseline has saved my skin during the super dry winter season! During the winters, no matter what moisturizer i use, my skin will always end up with dry patches which makes it really hard for me to apply makeup. I have managed to make vaseline save my skin! Here's what I do:

1) wash face with cleanser
2) moisturize quickly while skin is still damp
3) apply vaseline once moisturizer sets in

I only do this at night, and this makes my skin perfect the next morning for makeup. I just make sure not to use cleanser in the morning, and just wash my face with water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For the first time in my life, I experienced very dry, flaky lips (going into the winter months. Despite not usually having dry lips I still have a million +1 lip balms and treatments laying around my house. I have tried everything from Sugar Advanced Lip Treatment to Baby Lips to Carmex to Burt's Bees, RoseBud Salve, etc. After still having the dryness appear in the morning, I stopped at my local CVS and saw the Vaseline mini pot on display and with it only costing $1.89 I said I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work it's not much money lost. All I can say is WOW! I wish I would have tried this before investing $18 here and $4 there on others. After applying this over the coarse of 24 hours, my lips were smooth as butter. They looked smooth, wrinkle-free and plump. I would encourage everybody to try this method before spending money at Sephora on "high end" lip balms. I am all about spending money on some things cosmetically but not for lip balm when old faithful (Vaseline) does the trick! I also use this on my eyelashes at night after I remove my mascara to help condition the hair (on the nights I do not apply my Latisse). AMA-ZING!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So hydrating and has so many different uses. It can be used for lips (the obvious one) and works great to repair any damage. I also use it mixed with almond oil on my under eyes and it hydrates and really helps keep it soft.

on 2/2/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to moisturize my lashes after taking off my mascara and it conditions and makes them so soft! However, I do not think you should use this for your skin, because it will clog your pores. But for eyelashes its great and harmless!! If you want to grow your lashes just leave this on over night! I saw results after just one night!