Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i wouldnt buy this again because it's a lot of powder to be used under my eyes, so i probably won't run out until there's something better then. I like this product a lot, it diminishes my dark circle without any concealer underneath. Though, on special occasions, i would use bobbi's undereye concealer then use this on top. it's perfect and flawless.

on 11/27/2006 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder comes in two shades: #1, a white powder, is designed for light to medium skin tones and #2, an ivory powder, for medium to dark skin. The difference between the shades isnt drastic. For my medium warm, NC30, Stila D skin either shade would work for me but I decided to choose #1. The powder is lightweight, sheer, finely milled with a tiny hint of shimmer. I have a few fine lines at the outer corners of my eyes and this made my under eye area look smooth as if the wrinkles had been airbrushed away. After 12 plus hours, my concealer did not fade, crease or settle in my fine lines, which has never happened before. Im not convinced of its brightening claims, but the bigger culprit is most likely a sub par concealer. To apply, I invert the jar a few times then swish a small angled contour brush into the powder that's clinging on the lid. Although it doesn't seem like there is much powder, there is enough product to cover both eyes. It's a bit pricey but you don't need much powder to get the job done, one jar can easily last a year.

After rrading the great reviews of this product here i couldnt wait to try this product and i just knew id love it! But now ive actually got it im disappointed. Yes, it is a nice powder, i like the slight 'shimmer' to it, but I feel my under eye looks its brightest and fresh WITHOUT this powder, or any powder for that matter. I use GA high precision retouche, and then this powders kinda dulls it down....also makes my concealer crese into fine lines which it doesnt do when there is no powder. I like this used lightly all over the face, but then i have my beloved clinique gentle light powder for that so I have no need to repurchase this (expensive) powder again

Oh my! Brightens up my undereye area like no other, not that fake glittery look, but natural! Oh and bonus: it stopped my undereye concealer from creasing. I'm going to find a few friends to split this with though, one jar is way too much for one person. If I were to use one jar just by myself, it'd probably take at least 2+ yrs even with daily use. Actually, if you're interested, message me :D BTW I used #1, the white-based one.

on 10/20/2006 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did NOT want to like this because it's so expensive but I ended up loving it. Not only does it brighten up the eye area but it actually sets concealer without looking cakey, chalky, or settling into fine lines. I apply with a small blush brush. There isn't much but the small container really does last a long time. I've never tried using this as a face powder nor would I ever since it's quite expensive and I'm pretty happy with my current arsenal of face powders. Here's my secret: Secret Brightening Powder also helps to set UDPP and makes eyeshadow glide on and blend easier. As for shades, I'm an olivey NC 25-ish and #2 works just fine for me. It's still quite light and I'm not very dark mysef so I'm not sure how it will work for darker skintones. Secret Brightening Powder is a very finely-milled, transluscent powder with subtle microshimmer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

not as dramatic as I had hoped, but its the best concealer Ive ever used for my dark circles, when used overtop the secret brightener and secret camouflage. Doesnt cake or accentuate fine line. Its the same size jar as the mini transluscent powder. A little goes a long way, so its worth the pricetag. I applied it with the LM brush that corresponds to it (not the concealer brush, but the flat one made specifically for this). I will repurchase, but this will last forever.

on 8/19/2006 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Yes, this definitely helps conceal dark circles; given you have a good concealer as a base. It helped to lighten and brighten my entire under eye area. The jar is smaller than you think it would be, but you only need to use such a small amount that this should last me at least a year. For reference Im NC15 and have #1.

on 7/18/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When applied correctly, this powder makes me look like a new woman, so rested, like I just got back from a week on the beach in Bermuda, one of my favorite places. I got it in a swap, and probably never would have spent the money on it outright the first time, because it is very expensive for the amount of product you get. But for any woman of any age who has dark circles under her eyes, you must buy it.

Before putting this on, I put on a very generous amount of concealer patted on and blended well right under my eyes and on any dark circles. My usual way of applying it is to use a small powder puff dipped into the powder container with just a light bit of product, then I fold the puff in half and I tap it over the concealer, and add more if needed, and I use my ring finger to gently blend the outer edge of where I put the powder. You have to experiment to find the right amount to use for you, because I think if you use way too much product, you might look like you have white rings under your eyes. There may be cheaper versions that work just as well, but I haven't found one yet. I took one lippie off because of the price and because the holes in the sifter "layer" should be a little smaller.

I use this over my LM Secret Brightner and there's nothing better to light up the area underneath my eyes and really make them POP! I also use it over Dior Skinflash and YSL Touche Eclat. Wonderful stuff - takes years off of my face! Well worth the price!

on 1/30/2004 11:11:00 PM

I bought this product because I was in need of a loose powder to apply over my foundation. I liked how finely milled it was but it didn't highlight or brighten anything. The shimmer amount is almost nonexistant and I didn't notice any difference. From reading the other posts, it seems it should have been used with a concealor. Don't buy it if you want to use it as a loose powder.