Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.1

on 7/7/2006 5:59:00 PM

It's a golden pink, more gold than pink...I like its non-stickiness. It's creamy and very longlasting.My lips are smooth after applying it, because it conteins also vitamins. Only drawback is the price (as for other Chanel products).

on 6/20/2006 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i don't know about this. the first one i bought was in the middle of winter so i wasn't tan as i usually am (acutally, i was probably very ashy looking at that time, which my colouring gets when i lack sunlight) and i thought it looked great on me. i loved it so much that before i went to vietnam i bought another one. well of course in vietnam i got really tanned, even though i smothered myself in sunscreen. then it just washed me out way too much. very frosty gold. the pink didn't show up at all. i love the texture and the pigmentation of the gloss. i have very pigmented lips but this had such great coverage for a gloss. i will definitly give the other ones a try.

on 12/27/2005 7:37:00 PM

of all my glossimers, this is the one i find myself reaching for the most. i've found this to be a very versatile and flattering color, the frostiness has never caused me to look pale or washed-out. i have fairly light skin, dark brown hair and blue eyes, when i did a temporary deep brown coloring to my hair though, this lip gloss looked eveb better and was absolutely stunning. the glossimer formula is my favorite when it comes to lip glosses, i'd definitely recommend this product.

on 5/13/2006 3:15:00 AM

I had this a few years ago but since thrown away after my big makeup clearing. I actually quite like the colour in the tube but i hate it on my lips. It makes me too pale. I knew it at Chanel counter, wonder why i insist on getting it.....anyway, i find chanel glossimer too thick in texture for my liking. I prefer Loreal than this. Too thick and the colour is hard to blend well. Won't repurchase anymore.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Twinkle is an icy gold peach/pink gloss that glistens as much or more as MAC's lipglass without feeling heavy. On me (MAC NC25) it looks more like a tawny peach than pink and I like to wear it with Nars Orgasm blush and Lorac Jade e/s with MAC's Vex on the brow line and Embark e/s as a liner. I'm on the fence as to whether I'd repurchase. I like it but don't love it. I'd almost rather wear Bourjois glosses instead (also made by Chanel) because they also stay on without being sticky and come in an array of gorgeous colors for almost half the price. ** Update - I just found Jordana's Lipshine Shimmer Glaze in Vanilla Bean at Walgreens for $1.99 and I swear this looks as good or better than Chanel's Twinkle!!!! I'm amazed at how inexpensive this gloss is and how fabulous it looks. It doesn't have as much gold as Twinkle, but hey, for the price, who cares? I will not be buying Twinkle ever again!!!!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I hate that I love something this pricey! It's a gorgeous gloss - very gold, less pink. Very reflective and glossy. I like to wear it alone and sometimes with a lipliner (MAC's subculture) for a more daytime look.

on 9/11/2005 8:24:00 PM

Believe it or not, I found my tube of Twinkle on the street in NYC. Maybe other people wouldn't use it... but I don't have too many germ hang-ups, and I was thrilled to make the score.

I am a redhead with unpigmented lips, and normally a color like this would make me look like an 80s pop star (as in, NOT good). However, if I apply just a weensy bit over my lovely apricot-colored Sephora stain, it creates the lovliest lips EVER. But it dries out my lips, so only three lippies.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my 2nd more worn lipgloss after Dior Ultra Addict in Nibble of Nuts. It's a pink base profusely infused with gold shimmers. It's kind of like MAC Nymphette on tripping on acid. Because there's so much gold in it, it kind of looks coral/peach in the light. If you're a cool toned girl I don't recommend this lipgloss. But if you're slightly tanned Asian, warm, like me. I cannot rec it enough. I also really love the texture, same as Dior Ultra addict, it's a creamy that dries to a shine on lips. Silky smooth and not at all sticky as opposed to the goppy conventional glosses (lipglasses, lipglaze, etc.)

on 9/10/2005 11:47:00 PM

I really love this gloss, although it's not my favorite glossimer.

Twinkle is, on my pigmented lips, a very golden medium pink. It has been compared to Nymphette, but I find Twinkle to be a bit of a darker pink, and somewhat less frosty.

Not really great for everyday wear, but is very pretty, and something that I'll keep around. NC20 LLL, brown hair and eyes for reference continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

A pink, with LOTS of golden shimmers in it,when applied, you don't see the pink undertone at all, all you see is the golde shimmers on you lips, which washes out my GGG golden olive(NC42) complexion. Chanel glossimers' texture are worth it IMO, might buy mroe glossimers in the future, but just NOT twinkle!!!!!