Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.2

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

on 8/12/2003 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I only tried tester containers of this powder but I think it is the best! Colorless - it melds with your skin to give a flawless set to my foundation and yet adds no color or the flour bag look. I use it in conjuction with my VLWC foundation. It has kept my combo T zone oilies at bay only leaving a dewy look. If you want to maintain the matte look, simply retouch later in the day (a few hours later) Great stuff and I'll definitely look into purchasing this.

on 8/3/2003 12:48:00 PM

This stuff is simply magic! Makes my skin look flawless after I put it on, the staying powder is incredible and the container itself lasts forevah! It's expensive but it's honestly worth it's weight in gold. Tiny, tiny rant - I could do w/o the perfumey scent, yes, it's pretty but really not essential. Bravo Shu!

on 5/13/2003 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a nearly perfect/HG product! It is 4X milled,great color and lasts the day! Use it instead of foundation and you will NOT look too matte - it is perfect. The screen over the powder is a little strange to deal with - tricky about getting powder out but then again there is less waste!(tried color 7yr light)

on 4/28/2003 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in 7YR LIGHT and I LOVE it. I have checked all the ingredients and they are non-comedogenic (I even emailed Sage regarding a couple I was unsure of). The texture is AMAZING: quadruple milled (I've only heard of triple milled)and so natural. I normally HATE powder, despite my oily skin, I think the effect is so fake looking and I prefer a natural look. The SHEER option is the one I bought, versus matte for this very reason. NO CAKEY look at all! It lasts without any touching up and the color is perfect for my pale yellow complexion. I can't rave enough, and I don't think the price is bad, considering T. LeClerc (which is completely cakey), By Terry, etc. Another note on the packaging is that Shu uses that fabric netting inside the loose powder container, so it stays very sheer and doesn't end up getting everywhere. This is the BEST powder on the market (I've found) and only $35. You can buy it at Barney's or Sephora.

on 6/13/2003 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I guarantee you've never tried a powder as awesome as this, if you have, I'll eat my puff!! I first tried this when a Shu MA did my makeup for my wedding day. I've never gone near foundations or powders from a European or American brand after that day. I use 7yr light and find it perfect for my MMM olive skin. I have oily skin and live in the tropics so I chose the "matte" instead of "sheer". I can't sing enough praises about this powder, where do I start? The powder is 4x milled and melts into your skin. No buffing, pressing, rolling, caking! I used to have to carry face oil blotters around with me everywhere I go and need about 2 sheets to get all the oil off my T-zone - Yuck! Ever since I started using this loose powder as a set for the rest of my make-up, everything seems to stay on longer and I don't need to blot. I do touch up my T-zone in the late afternoon but no longer have to keep "powdering my nose". What I probably love most about Shu's products are is the quality. Very little always manages to achieve a lot! My last container (Beige 4)lasted almost 2 years!! My pores are less noticeable (after powdering) and I've had less breakouts despite living in a hot, humid place. I actually like the new fine mesh net, I just need to tip the container upside down to get the right amount of powder! This is my HG loose powder, I would rather lose a kidney than live without it. I strongly urge you to try this, you won't regret it!