Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The brush I'm reviewing is the angled contour brush, #12. Another winner from Sonia Kashuk! It is just great for applying a wash quickly on the entire lid, and for applying my WnW shimmer to highlight cheekbones, or even to help blend in bronzer along jaw and hairline. Love it :)

on 2/8/2004 5:12:00 AM

I LOVE THESE BRUSHES!!!! I've got the powder, blush, angled e/s, spoolie, and travel brush set. IMHO, apart from a liner brush and brow brush, you won't need any other brushes for your eyes than what you'd get in the travel set (I think the blush brush is a little small, so I use it as a shader or as an occasional contour brush).

I love the angled e/s brush--I use it as a liner brush. I use mineral e/s, and when I wet the brush, it makes the most perfect lines and it allows you to control how thick they are.

I've had my brushes for well over a year. They haven't shed, or become rough or matted/tangled--and I wash mine maybe once or twice a week. Really though, you could probably treat these brushes like crap and they'd still make you gorgeous!!

I wish SK would come out w/ an angled brow brush--preferably made w/ hog or badger hair. I would definitely buy again!

on 1/2/2004 8:58:00 PM

I wanted to like this, the price was right, but after 2 weeks I am losing fibers and the brushes have lost thier shape. Plus, the handle has already come off of one. Thier better than other drugstore brands, but I cant compare them to good quality brushes.

on 12/20/2003 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Sonia Kashuk and Target are geniuses. These are absolutely wonderful brushes at prices that anybody can afford. The nylon concealer brush took my breath away at the smoothness of application. So far I have the contour brush, the nylon concealer, the medium shadow, and the angled shadow brushes, and I plan to get the rest of the line. For a recently-unemployed cosmetic junkie like myself, these are a true gift. I read somewhere that Sonia sells another set of brushes under her name at Barney's New York for $400. For one-tenth of that, you can have some great quality professional tools and you don't have to worry if you accidently leave one in a hotel somewhere. Bravo Sonia!

on 10/2/2003 2:30:00 PM

I have the nylon brush for concealer, the eyeliner, and two of the small eyeshadow brushes. I reach for these more often than my Trish McEvoy eyeshadow brush. I am mystified by the "scratchy" comments. They are great quality at a great price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are looking for better-quality brushes at a reasonable price, these are a Godsend! The brushes all use superior hair or nylon bristles and last a long time if you take care of them well. I used to use these brushes when I was a make-up artist for my consultations because they give great results, are reliable, and are cheap enough that if something were to happen to them I could replace them rather cheaply. Great quality at a great price.

on 8/29/2003 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These brushes are a serious steal! Though they'll never compare with my Shu Uemura set, they're great for add ons or for beginner brushes. I purchased a set for my niece and she loves them. For myself, I've added the brow brush, the smudge brush and a few extra shadow brushes. Ya just gotta love a bargain!

I've never met a Sonia Kashuk brush that I didn't like. In fact, I've never met one that I didn't love at 1st sight. For the price, you really can't beat 'em. I don't think I'll ever buy a high end brush ever again. These are perfect for me!

Soft, I own several in the line (eye liner, smudger, concealor, and lip brush) all are a great value and have held up in good condition, no smudging,easy control of application.

on 5/14/2003 1:58:00 PM

So far, I've bought the powder brush, large eye shadow brush, synthetic brush for applying concealer, covered lip brush and liner brush and have not been disappointed. I'm in love with her line! I plan on buying her blush brush as well.

Popular Makeup Brushes