Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 12/15/2007 4:21:00 PM

I was very disappointed with this product. For this price, I expected something more effective. I have normal-dry skin and can barely feel any difference after application. In fact, after one week of use, I noticed a very dry spot on my cheekbone. Wouldn't recommend it unless you have very oily skin. Also, don't care for the packaging, it comes in a tube -- not very practical.. Won't buy again.

on 12/6/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had a small tube of this inside one of the travel sets. I have been using it for the past three days now (today being day four). I like the texture of the product and I am pretty neutral as to what I feel the product "does for my skin". But I simply can not tolerate the scent of it. Its not like I dislike things with a scent to them (have you ever smelled Clarins Neck Cream? DIVINE) but the scent to me in this is borderline nauseating. And it LINGERS so I feel like the scent is overpowering. Would not purchase because I find the scent unpleasant. I will be using what is left of it today and moving on to my trial size of the Rose Day Cream starting tomorrow.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I sooo wanted to like this, but it just doesn't do anything good for my skin. My skin broke out in small little bumps on my forehead and just never felt moisturised. The light Rose Cream is better for me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I adore the scent of this - it really is zingy and refreshing in the mornings. More moisturising than the Light Rose Cream, but lighter than the normal Rose Cream. This seems to balance dry areas and oilier areas leaving skin dewy.

This is the one I use mostly (although have both the Light Rose Cream and the Rose Cream, - I swap between them depending on how my skin feels!)

on 9/14/2007 11:59:00 PM

I really didn't like the smell of this at first but now I rather like it. This cream is great used in conjunction with the Moisturizing Day Cream. My skin feels smooth and supple all day long after using this and because you only need a tiny bit each time it lasts and lasts. I think this is a great product for my normal/combo skin and will repurchase in future.

on 10/5/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great moisturizer for my dry/combo and sensitive skin! I use it in various ways: either on top of my Rose cream before putting my Alima foundation on, or I warm a tiny amount between my fingers and pat it over my foundation to give me a glowy and dewy look. This hasn't made me break out and I like the smell. I never use it alone though, simply because I prefer to use the Rose cream daily (it calms my broken capillaries so well). Since I started my Dr. H regimen my skin has improved tremendously! Less breakouts, less flakies, less visible pores. But the greatest thing of all, my face has gone from very ruddy to calm and pale, even after a hot shower. No other skincare has done that so well before.

on 6/8/2007 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Great moisturizer that is gentle enough to use even when I have out breaks of perioral dermatitis. Have super reactive allergic to everything skin and Quince cream does not bother me at all. Light going on and keeps my skin hydrated all day. Metal tube can be a pain for travel but you do not need a lot so tube lasts a while. Quince cream is one of the items that comes in the Dr. Hauschka "Daily Face Care Kit" so you can try it and other Dr. H. products out for about $20.

I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer! Finally... a day cream that packs the moisture in without leaving a greasy film on skin. Love it, love it, love it! And I haven't even gotten to the delicious smell yet! Like lemon merangue pie! Yummy! Perfect moisturizer for someone with slighty dry or normal skin.

Will repurchase for sure!

on 3/7/2007 6:56:00 AM

I like the ideology and I like the smell. I also like the aluminium tube. I find it charming. But other than that I was not a fan. I am not fan of generic smelling perfumery/department store stuff either. My skin type is dry. This felt very oily on the skin which I liked even tho I would have to wait a longer while than usually before applying makeup because this did not absorb as quickly. It does not break me out but my skin feels unconfortable and itchy with this. I also get red dry patches. I dont think this is for sensitive/dry skin. My skin is obviously drying out! I believe it must be either the alcohol or essential oils that I cant tolerate. My skin got in terrible condition when I used dr Hauschka toners. Really dry and irritated. I dont really "buy" it when they say this alcohol is plant alcohol and should not be damaging on the skin. I am starting to believe I am better off with some parabens that wont dry my skin out.

on 7/2/2007 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample-size tube of this inside one of the facial trial kits. It sat around unused for monthes (other than on the back of my hand) because I didn't like the smell and felt sure that anything citrusy smelling would dry out and irritate my sensitive/oily/mildly acne prone skin. I recently stopped using Retin-A since it was way too harsh. Between that and going out in the sun my skin was a little bit dry. After reading reviews here that assured me that the lotion was very gentle and suitable for sensitive skin, I gave it a try. It moisturized the dry patches and seemed to dry out the acne! A miracle for combination skin! It gave my face a glow but did not leave it greasy or shiny--and I used it on a 95-degree day with nasty humidity! Did not cause any break-outs but I also haven't been using it long enough--will update in a week or two. It just made my skin look and feel SO nice that I was moved to write a review of it. I am considering purchasing a full-size tube if I still love it when the trial-size tube runs out. How to use: I use a very small amount (just barely bigger than pea-sized) warmed between my fingers and pressed onto my face while still moist from Dr. Hauschka toner. As I said, gives you a glow and won't leave you greasy. I actually have been using the whole line for a couple of weeks and people have been commenting on my skin and asking what I use. If this moisturizer keeps working wonderfully it will top my list as my FAVORITE Dr. Hauschka product. (Right now the day oil tops the list!)