Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 8/19/2017 12:51:00 PM

Another hyped up product that didn't wow me. It's a decent light coverage foundation with a good shade range for light to medium skin tones. But for the really hefty price tag it's not worth it. It has quite light coverage with a dewy finish that doesn't last very long on my normal to combo skin and I get shiny super quickly even tho I rarely have that issue with other foundations. I can't really understand why it's a staple for so many people including makeup artists. But I can imagine if you have super flawless skin and just want to a light veil of foundation it works.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. Most over rated foundation ever. I dont get how people like this - it breaks on my skin like no other foundation I have ever used. Maybe it needs a ton of skin prep - which i have no time for. For the price, I dont believe this delivers any value - except the fact that it looks amazing in pictures. Maybe it has some good light reflecting properties - but when u see it face to face, its a weird cakey look. What a disappointment !

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. I have oily acne prone skin. This does not cause me to break out. I apply this first with a flat top brush then i smooth it out with a beauty blender. I get nothing but compliments on how good my skin looks.

UPDATE: this caused my skin to get cystic acne.

on 8/5/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Amazing! I have normal skin that sometimes is more on the dry side, I tend to get bunches of bright red spots from time to time that don't get covered well while the rest of my skin looks great. I love the dewy look, so usually everything looks flawless except this little bumpy area where red shines through slightly.
Not with this foundation! It makes me look so airbrushed. I'd say their shades are pretty accurate, I got mine right at the first try. It looks so flawless and luminous, I combine it with mac's studio finish concealer (cream in a jar) and mac strobe cream underneath. airbrushed, dewy, flawless combination!

The packaging is okay, it's nothing special but appropriate for the price point. The amount you get is normal.

Pros:
- really flawless, dewy finish
- beautiful shades
- covers well
- feels really lightweight, lasts fine

Cons:
- obvi, price.
- packaging is not special
- with a beautyblender I need multiple pumps to cover my face, definitely not "little goes a long way." (I need less with a harder sponge or brush.)

on 7/30/2017 11:35:00 AM

I've worn this about six years and it is my absolute favorite. It gives me an awesome airbrushed glowy skin and never breaks me out. Actually this is one of the rarest foundations I can even wear without getting acne. (for real, I can not wear anything from Loreal,Maybelline;Dior,Chanel,MAC,Charlotte Tilbury etc.!) I would like to test new foundations all the time but can't because of their ingredients. So this is my HG. This gives medium coverage and lasts all day with a help of a Smashbox light primer.I do have to blot several times a day because I have combo skin,but it is not a problem for me.

This foundation was overwhelmingly disappointing. I had not stopped hearing the hype about this foundation and how full coverage, long lasting, photoshop dupe! and flawless it was, but in reality instead of only needing a pea sized amount I felt as though I need to use at least 2 long pumps of the foundation in order to cover 1 layer of my face. I also felt as though double layering my foundation was not an option unless I wanted my skin to go cakey. I was just disappointed in this although the price was about the average for foundations that I usually purchase the product I feel wasn't worth it :(

on 7/7/2017 5:45:00 PM

Lovely foundation, beautiful medium coverage and finish. Lasts all day and leaves a silky natural finish. Friends complimented my skin and it covered, smoothed and evened my skin perfectly. I got this as a sample while looking for new foundations. Was put off as the Armani representative lady was so rude! I guess I would have loved this foundation more if I had a positive experience with the Armani representative but oh well. 7/10 recommend

on 6/30/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle and will buy a 3rd! I love the full coverage and radiant finish of this foundation. The shade 4.25 matches my skin perfectly. Very blendable. My skin is dry and acne prone and Luminous Silk doesn't cause breakout or drying. Liquid gold!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Not a lot of coverage but it is so easy to apply and just smooths onto skin. It somewhat reduces the appearance of uneven texture on skin like craters or what not and from afar it looks like your skin is glowing, and by that I don't mean dewy or whatever. I mean as if you had a bunch of vegetables and eight glasses of water and actually got enough sleep kind of glow. It doesn't look like your wearing foundation at all, even my overly critical sister couldn't tell when I asked her how my foundation looked.

Only downsides is the price, and the fact it's not available at my local Sephora, so I have to make a special trip to the one that's three hours away if I need a new bottle.

Also this somewhat reminds me of the Nars all day luminous in regards to the initial finish when you apply it and it's funny cause that one is my all time HG favorite.

I wish they offered this in a smaller bottle with a nicer price tag so it wouldn't be so hard to fork out the money for this. I have to save up for this for weeks before I can get it it's that expensive here in Canada. (I'm still a student too).

The longevity seems pretty good but I'm going to try it out in the heat tomorrow hopefully.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this all week and its one of few foundations that still look really nice at the end of the day on my skin! I am shade NC15 to NC20 for reference and use shade 3 in the luminous silk foundation. I think this foundation is very similar to the TF born this way foundation but it is more luminous and sheer and very build-able which I love. The only downside of this foundation is the price. Here in Australia this foundation is $99! luckily I ordered it off Selfridges and its only $56. My new holey grail foundation.