BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)

BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)
Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polyethylene, polymethylmethacrylate, dimethicoe, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carnonate, [ /-: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), carmine (CI 75470), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163)].

I have the creaseless cream shadow in RSVP and Birthday Suit. The colors are absolutely gorgeous in the jar and they swatch just lovely. And, when I first apply them to my lid they also look absolutely beautiful. However, I have found that these shadows are neither creaseless nor long lasting.

I originally used the shadows without a primer--as they are advertised and used by many as a base--and noted that they creased and wore off quickly. So, I then tried them with Benefit's Lemon Aid primer, and primer only nominally changed these features. Today, I checked my makeup after being at work for about 3 hours, and the shadow (I did use primer today) was already considerably creased and fading.

I've been looking through all of the reviews, and it seems that people either love (5 lipstick tubes) or hate (1-2 lipstick tubes) these eyeshadows. Notably, far more people love them than hate them. One theme I have noticed is that those with oily eyelids tend to be more likely to poorly rate this product. I too have oily lids. I have not tried them as a liner, so I cannot comment on this feature of the product.

Maybe it would be beneficial when considering this product to try them on in the store and note how long they last on your eye before actually taking the purchase plunge.

I did buy the trial/travel size. It pains me to say this, because the colors are just SO lovely: but I won't be purchasing again.

Edit: Today I tried a new layering of product: first Benefit Lemon Aid Primer, then Mac Brulee and then the Birthday Suit. And.....drum roll.......it lasted for 8-9 hours!

on 1/24/2011 12:09:00 PM

I have this product in three shades: Taupe-aztic which is a golden taupe color, Plu-ming For Gold which is a metallic burgundy, and Platinum which is a frosty white. These came in a set from Sephora. Benefit claims that these won't crease and I have found that to be true. I've worn them alone and as a color base and found that they don't crease on me. I've also never had a problem with them smudging or fading throughout the day. These are great colors and work very well. I would definately recommend them.

on 1/13/2011 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have several of these, and love them! Most are very shimmery, and that doesnt work for me at my age, in the light colors. I used an entire jar of Hunny Bunny (matte lid color) and also bought Recess, matte and peachy (most likely discontinued, as is Hunny Bunny), Gossip (pretty lavender), Strut (gorgeous blue-gray), and Busy Signal (gorgeous coppery brown). I know I am in the minority, but I purchased and returned Skinny Jeans. It did nothing for my olive green eyes. It's a fairly dirty taupe green with lots of shimmer. The formula of these is wonderful. Creamy and soft with great wearability and duration. I bought a golden shade of Bobbi Brown's cream shadow and it totally rendered itself dry and unusable in short order, 3-4 months max. I wish they would come out with more colors! They are so easy to work with and they stay put. Great purchase, IMHO!

I'm one of those girls that would never do eyeshadow without UDPP - but this product is probably the *only* thing I can use as a replacement! I'm really amazed that this did not crease on me. I originally purchased this in RSVP because of a tutorial I saw on YouTube but I was skeptical because I had tried Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow before and it was difficult to get even and it creased on me within an hour or less. Benefit's creaseless cream shadow didn't crease - at all! For me, this is great because while I'm in school and rushing off to classes in the morning, frankly I just don't have the time to be standing in front of the mirror for 30min to do my makeup anymore. I can use a brush or even my finger (if I'm in a real hurry!), swipe it on, and I'm good to go! Sometimes I think using my finger is even better than using a brush! Anyway, can't rave enough about this product - will definitely be trying out the other colors!

on 12/15/2010 7:49:00 AM

I have a couple of these, Skinny Jeans and Birthday Suit, and I LOVE them. I recently purchased a MAC paint pot and I was so disappointed with the MAC ones compared to BeneFit so I will not waste my money again.

I have combination skin with very oily T-zone and eyelids (esp in summer) and these babies do not budge! They are fantastic. I am definitely going to buy me some more of these! My only wish would be that they developed a few more matte shades and there is only so much shimmer I can wear everyday!

Otherwise these are fantastic and really worth splashing out on as they are lasting me ages (have had them for 6 months now) with no signs of drying out or running out!

It's nice and creamy. I wouldn't wear it alone because it does crease after a while. I use it as a base and it great.

on 12/4/2010 11:53:00 PM

I have this in RSVP which is a very shimmery pale pinky/peach. A light sweep across the lids brightens the eye area when worn alone and it works well as a highlight colour. It can also be used as a base for powder eye shadows. I wore it a lot during the summer under peach and coral shadows and it looked very pretty. I like cream shadows because they are easy to work with and I don't have to worry about cleaning up fallout. This lasts all day on my lids and I have not noticed any creasing.

on 12/8/2010 1:51:00 PM

One word - LOVE!
Pros:
- no creasing (only after 8 hours wear probably)
- very blendable
- nice to use as a base or on it's own
- does not dry out as fast as other cream eye shadows
- not drying

Cons:
- none!

my fave is birthday suit. I can use this everyday as main shadow or base. This is far better than MAC paintpots.

I love this product. I have R.S.V.P. and I love how it looks so sheer and natural. It is the only cream eye shadow that I own that does not crease. Would def buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a long lasting fast application eye shadow. I purchased RSVP and Figgy (purple color). I love both of them. They do not crease and last all day long. They can be a bit tricky to apply when you use your finger. Very happy. :-)