Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a big tub and will last you a very long time if you can get your hands on it! I love using it to set my concealer

It's winter and I finally received my banana powder, it took over a month for the product to ship, originally ordered the sample size but company upgraded me to the next size due to all the delays in getting the product in stock. I was very skeptical since it contains talc and nasty paraben preservatives we should stay away from but I love the product. I use a tiny amount to set under eye concealer and this stuff looks flawless all day, 8 hrs at least. Does not crease, it's a perfect color match for me, I'm a NC25 in Winter and this looks amazing, I also use it on my chin and around nose, has not made me break out or irritated me. I don't use a primer or setting spray. Maybe the parabens make this stuff last so well x.x
Oh, the container, dispensing needs to be redesigned, if you don't use a secondary container or tape up part of the sifter you could waste a ton.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love setting my foundation with this powder even though people use it for under eyes. It gives me a nice airbrush finish to my skin. I would buy this over and over again. The big bottle lasts a very long time!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I first heard about these products in various makeup tutorial on YouTube. I herd that Kim Kardashian uses the powder. So I went searching online to find the powder. I bought the product from www.clownantics.com the 1.5 oz for $15 The product came fairly quickly. I was so happy when it arrived. I immediately tried it. The powder is so silky, you dot need much product. I use this to set my highlighted areas. It doesn't AF much color but it does add a small tint of color. The powder does not move on your face at all. The bottle does last a very long time, I am at about halfway through the bottle and I use it everyday an it's been about 5 months now. The powder can sometimes look a bit too caked looking but it can be fixed by wetting a sponge and patting the areas. These powders are the bomb I highly recommend them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard amazing things about this product as a concealer and thought to give it a try....yeah, um no. I used it once and looking in the mirror I looked like I smudged dirt under my eyes! The yellow color did not disguise my dark circles, as promised, it made the discoloration under my eyes WORSE! Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but I'm not impressed at all. Plus, the pricing of this item, in my opinion, is awfully expensive. Luckily, I tried only a small sample and didn't have my money go to waste.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Had a bit of trouble sourcing this product in Melbourne; most online stores were out of stock so had to fork out $32 for the medium size including postage and handling.
The product itself is fantastic at setting under eye concealers. I have normal skin so I didn't have problems with the oiliness factor and I have quite a few deep lines under my eyes because of their shape and I found that the banana powder didn't seep into them and also stopped my concealer from doing the same. Excellent product, happy to finally jump on board. The packaging though, is one of the most awkward things you will ever use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like how yellow this is - if I use it heavily, it's the same colour as my skin (haha!). I use this rarely though. Maybe mostly because of the annoying packaging, but I'd recommend anyone wanting to use this daily to transfer it to some kind of sifter jar, maybe from an old loose powder. My other problem is: this is not as fine as I'd wish. I'm used to reeeeally fine loose powders, like MAC Prep + Prime and Tarte Smooth Operator. Then I try out the Ben Nye powder on my hand, it seems super-fine, but I get a powdery look when I use it to set fluid foundation or concealer.

Great powder if you are on a tight budget, but not for me, as I'm powder-spoilt :P

I finally caught the bandwagon after reading all the great reviews about the Ben Nye Banana Powder. There's so much rave about this product that I simply have to try it! I got a sampler version of this powder because I don't see myself using up 42 grams of powder to set my makeup in the next five years or so. I found this powder to be very flattering on my under eyes but so are my other setting powders (revlon and nyx). When I used it to blot my face in the middle of the day, I found that it made me look cakey (like Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder). I tried buffing the powder again a few more times in the following days but it never fail to make me look cakey. Glad I did not buy the full sized version! The packaging throws me off. It can be a mess to handle when doing makeup (I am not a fan of loose powders). I would not purchase this again. Not worth the rave.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Guys, the hype is real!! This is a great powder and I love how cheap and fine it is. It's perfect for baking my undereyes and never looks cakey on me!! Unfortunately, banana is too dark for my NC25-30 skin and so I'll try cameo next.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use this powder everyday and it's the ONLY powder I use to set my undereyes and my face. I have yellow undertones and don't find this too yellow at all--in fact it brightens my face and tones down foundations that are too light. I love it--totally finely milled, brightens the undereye and is really good coverage. I have acne prone skin so Idont like to wear liquid foundation during the week to work, instead I wear this powder.