Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I first heard about these products in various makeup tutorial on YouTube. I herd that Kim Kardashian uses the powder. So I went searching online to find the powder. I bought the product from www.clownantics.com the 1.5 oz for $15 The product came fairly quickly. I was so happy when it arrived. I immediately tried it. The powder is so silky, you dot need much product. I use this to set my highlighted areas. It doesn't AF much color but it does add a small tint of color. The powder does not move on your face at all. The bottle does last a very long time, I am at about halfway through the bottle and I use it everyday an it's been about 5 months now. The powder can sometimes look a bit too caked looking but it can be fixed by wetting a sponge and patting the areas. These powders are the bomb I highly recommend them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard amazing things about this product as a concealer and thought to give it a try....yeah, um no. I used it once and looking in the mirror I looked like I smudged dirt under my eyes! The yellow color did not disguise my dark circles, as promised, it made the discoloration under my eyes WORSE! Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but I'm not impressed at all. Plus, the pricing of this item, in my opinion, is awfully expensive. Luckily, I tried only a small sample and didn't have my money go to waste.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like how yellow this is - if I use it heavily, it's the same colour as my skin (haha!). I use this rarely though. Maybe mostly because of the annoying packaging, but I'd recommend anyone wanting to use this daily to transfer it to some kind of sifter jar, maybe from an old loose powder. My other problem is: this is not as fine as I'd wish. I'm used to reeeeally fine loose powders, like MAC Prep + Prime and Tarte Smooth Operator. Then I try out the Ben Nye powder on my hand, it seems super-fine, but I get a powdery look when I use it to set fluid foundation or concealer.

Great powder if you are on a tight budget, but not for me, as I'm powder-spoilt :P

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Guys, the hype is real!! This is a great powder and I love how cheap and fine it is. It's perfect for baking my undereyes and never looks cakey on me!! Unfortunately, banana is too dark for my NC25-30 skin and so I'll try cameo next.

I finally caught the bandwagon after reading all the great reviews about the Ben Nye Banana Powder. There's so much rave about this product that I simply have to try it! I got a sampler version of this powder because I don't see myself using up 42 grams of powder to set my makeup in the next five years or so. I found this powder to be very flattering on my under eyes but so are my other setting powders (revlon and nyx). When I used it to blot my face in the middle of the day, I found that it made me look cakey (like Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder). I tried buffing the powder again a few more times in the following days but it never fail to make me look cakey. Glad I did not buy the full sized version! The packaging throws me off. It can be a mess to handle when doing makeup (I am not a fan of loose powders). I would not purchase this again. Not worth the rave.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Had a bit of trouble sourcing this product in Melbourne; most online stores were out of stock so had to fork out $32 for the medium size including postage and handling.
The product itself is fantastic at setting under eye concealers. I have normal skin so I didn't have problems with the oiliness factor and I have quite a few deep lines under my eyes because of their shape and I found that the banana powder didn't seep into them and also stopped my concealer from doing the same. Excellent product, happy to finally jump on board. The packaging though, is one of the most awkward things you will ever use.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use this powder everyday and it's the ONLY powder I use to set my undereyes and my face. I have yellow undertones and don't find this too yellow at all--in fact it brightens my face and tones down foundations that are too light. I love it--totally finely milled, brightens the undereye and is really good coverage. I have acne prone skin so Idont like to wear liquid foundation during the week to work, instead I wear this powder.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Sooooooo let me break this down. I'm a beautiul bronze in black opal, C8(cocoa) in l'oreal tru match and I use coconut in maybelline fit me(the matte one) i say all that to give you an idea of my complexion btw i have oily skin. So yes do go out and buy this powder HOWEVER and this is a very important however the right shade is key. So when doing my makeup i'll use la girls fawn or toffe as highlight i'll blend it with my beauty blender and then on to my Ben Nye banana powder, trust me when i say my face looked soooo damn good after, matte smooth and even. I felt sooo damn confident stepping out, i had to take a few pics to let ig know whats good. Sheesh!!! let me tell u this i dnt know if its the flash or the lighting of the camera or whatever but my face looked a mess in the pics. It had like a white powdery look which just wasnt right at all. When i asked around why that happens they'll state its bcuz the powder is too light. Sigh now i have all this banana powder and dnt know what to do with it. I'm thinking of purchasing the Topaz one, i'll keep y'all posted.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have found my HG powder. This powder makes your skin look photoshopped - & it is so cheap! I have the lighter shade too which is good but the banana powder just has something special. I bought a sample on eBay first & have never looked back. My peri-menopausal oily skin loves it too (thank God.) The only down side is it's not easily available but well worth the search.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have to say this isn't going to work for every skin tone. I think it's a tad too over hyped especially on those with deeper skin tones, it tends to look ashy or just too yellow.
If you're skin is deeper, Ben nye has A LOT deeper toned powders that look so much better. Their Camel or Topaz are great powders which have that richer yellow tone and won't give that ashy look. They have quite a few ones that are deep but I think Camel and Topaz are the more yellow types whereas the others are more reddish or neutral

If you're really fair, doubt it'll work for you since it's quite a medium colored yellow so it may end up making you golden, I guess it could probably work if you mixed it with their white setting powder to get a lighter yellow

I'd say if you're a medium-medium/dark complexion this will work good.
If you're an NC30 this may end up being too dark but if you use a very pale highlight color and set it with this, it will tone down that pale color and make it close to your color/look better. So if you're around an NC30-NC45 then it will work great.

This powder is very finely milled and photographs nicely.
I'd suggest this for all skin types honestly,
BUT I must say its not very good at controlling oil. It's only average.
I think it may be the talc. I personally don't find talc to be good at controlling oil.

Other than that, good product and it's reasonably priced.
I tend to go through this fairly easily with clients and can never get ahold of the larger jar so that's kind of annoying.
I have a few of the powders in different colors and they're all super good quality.
Very silky and I don't have any issue with chalkiness or it getting cakey or even patchy