China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.4

on 12/4/2005 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll have to concurr with the previous reviewers. The quality of this nail polish is outstanding It applies so evenly and smoothly, as do most of the polishes from this brand. Don't know if it's the brush, the formula, or some mixture of the two.

The color is just stunning. I think that it looks a bit differently on folks with different coloring. On me it's an orchid color with glowing gold shimmer wich looks differently depending on light refraction. This polish can go from peach, to pink, to purple at the tilt of the hand.

Would buy again in a heartbeat.

on 10/24/2005 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently expanded my polish collection by adding about 15 China Glaze shades and I'm slowly getting through them. The polish goes on wonderfully smooth, no streaks or globs. This color is gorgeous and super unique. I have on two coats and its a golden rose with purple undertone. If you like out of the ordinary colors, you MUST have this one! It would look great year 'round too.

on 1/5/2003 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

China Glaze is a terrific nail polish brand!! Their colors are awesome and they go on SO SO SMOOTHLY and so easily!!Their bottles are very well designed and comfortable to handle.They last quite long on nails and don't chip off easily.Also, for such a great quality, their prices are very interesting!!A very good quality nail polish for a very reasonable price!Great deal!!!!
This color in particular-Awakening- is SUPER UNIQUE!!I've never seen anything like this before!!! (and I'm a nail polish junkie...and yet this is the only one with this color!).If you look at it from the outside, when it's still in the bottle, it looks like sort of a shimmery/pearled dark orange/brown, but then if you look closer you can spot reddish/pinkish accents!When you put it on your nails, it looks incredible! Sometimes it'll look like golden copper and then it'll look like a shimmery orange with dark tones...I'm having difficulties trying to describe it, that's how unique and beautiful this color is!!!
Look for it and you'll want to have it right away!!!!The color's # is: 2203

This was my very first China Glaze purchase, and I'm not disappointed! First of all, I really like the consistency of this polish - it's not too thick, not too thin. Application is smooth and even, with no streaking. As for pigmentation of this particular color, I'd say it's quite good. I could have gotten away with just one coat, honestly, but I applied two coats mostly out of habit, I think. Although the second coat does intensify the color a bit.

As for the actual color of this polish, that's a little difficult to describe. It really depends on the lighting you're in at any given moment. In the bottle, it looks sort of purple-ish with some gold and amber tones to it, and tiny golden micro-glitters. In certain lighting conditions, you can detect flashes of pink and lilac...in other lighting conditions you get more gold and amber. I'm super impressed with China Glaze Awakening - it's unlike any other polish I own, or have seen for that matter. This one is a definite repurchase, as long as it's still available. continued >>

Popular Polishes