Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily t-zone but this lasted a night of drinking and humidity. Two thumbs up!

on 9/23/2017 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The range of colors is excellent. I wondered if this would work on my mature skin - it does! I use this with the Fenty primer. It did not oxidize settle into lines or pores and it's been in the 90's the past few days...very pleased. I wear 140 which is like 117 (Y225) in MUFE. Not sure how it will behave once the weather gets cold but for now, I 'm loving it!!

on 9/23/2017 1:00:00 PM

I purchased this because, quite simply, I bought the hype. I am tired of trying foundations that look like they match but pale me out, or make me look like an oomph loompa (CT, looking at you). With the promise of so many colors, I was confident I could find a color match. I did. That's where it ends. I wore it the first day and it was nice. I wasn't awwwweeeeeddddd, but it was okay. I have hyper pigmentation and have always been on a quest to find something that will not look like a mask, but not call attention to the melasma/hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. At first, it was okay. Nothing to rave about. It seemed like it was heavier than some of the stuff I have been used to. After having tried IT Cosmetics, I thought this might be my savior. It was matte on my skin. I didn't feel as if I was wearing a mask if I was careful. If I pumped too much, yeah---mask city. I have worn it for a week straight. I am a high school English teacher in South Florida. After a hurricane. My priorities should not be to hide from people because of my foundation and yet, that's what I was doing. Every morning I tried different primers and different foundations, however, at the end of the day, my skin always looked like a hot mess. I live in South Fl. makeup has to hold up, not oxidize and look natural because in the unforgiving light of the sun, it is a "clutch your pearls" moment otherwise. Anyway, my spots looked even darker and my face did too. The foundation was still there, but there was no coverage anymore. I can't explain it, but my skin looked bad....I mean I looked like I had been through a war. UGH...Returning it back to Sephora.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didn't even know that Fenty Beauty was a thing until the day before its launch, and even then, I wasn't interested in the foundation until I started watching reviews. Many reviewers raved about the skin-like finish, ease in application, and self-setting attributes, so I wanted to try for myself. Off to Sephora I went to grab samples! (BTW get matched or match yourself in person if at all possible!)

My skintone is an exact match for NW43 in MAC Studio Fix Powder and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande. My match in Fenty is 390. I can also wear 400, though it is slightly red on my skintone. This applied like a dream! I had to work in sections because it sets fast. I applied it with a beauty blender, and it was alright. Seemed like the sponge absorbed a lot of the foundation. It also looks good dabbed on with fingers and blended with a flat-top brush, or just smeared on with fingers. MY KINDA FOUNDATION!

It left a beautiful skin-like finish, like I had naturally flawless skin instead of the scattered hyperpigmentation I actually have. I also needed no powder to set this. The foundation set all by itself! I was able to apply my blush and highlighter over it with no problems whatsoever. And the wear! It looked good throughout an entire 12-hour shift, meaning that I wore it for 14 hours or so. I think I blotted once halfway through and it looked good the whole time.

All this and I'm 95% sure I won't be purchasing the full-size.

Unfortunately, this foundation gave me those teeny little irritation whiteheads. It broke me out! I'm so sad about it! After about six to seven hours, I get a chance to look in a mirror to check my makeup and there they were. If it wasn't for that, this would be my everyday foundation.

on 9/23/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must say, the shade range alone deserves serious praise and recognition. The fact that the darker shades are selling out like crazy is proof that anyone not beige toned is being ignored by manufacturers. Good on Rihanna for finally giving the people what they have been asking for for years.

Given the crazy mixed reviews on this, I knew I had to try it for myself and draw my own conclusions. I took advantage of Sephora's deluxe sample offer and grabbed shade 220 before it ran out. I am normally not a fan of matte complexion products as they do not compliment my dry, fine lined skin. This foundation is high in silicone, as evidenced in the finish. It's definitely soft-matte, which I like and as the day went on, I noticed the finish became dewy, which I REALLY liked. There isn't any discernible fragrance and I love the packaging - frosted glass with a pump. Yay for pumps!

I applied with my RT sponge with really nice results. The coverage is definitely medium. I plan on using my RT Expert Face Brush with the next application just for comparison's sake. It dries pretty quickly and yes, it does dry down a bit darker; on my face it did slightly oxidize and break up on my nose at about the 8 hour mark. I plan to try 210 just to see if its a better match once dried down. I didn't expect transfer proof wear out of this foundation as its not advertised as one - anyone who expected that set themselves up for disappointment.

Lastly, this foundation did not cause any breakouts!!! While it doesn't replace my HG L'Oreal True Match, it's a keeper and I do plan on purchasing the full size.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately it just didn't work out for my combo skin.

The shade range is fabulous but the foundation oxidizes WAY too much for a foundation in this price range. It makes choosing a shade a challenge because as close as you think a match may be, it's going to end up looking different on your skin and it oxidizes over the length of hours so even when you're testing it in store it's unlikely you will see the actual shade it's going to turn before you've chosen your shade and purchased.

The formula is lightweight and has really nice medium-full coverage. It looks beautiful as you apply it, but it drys down SO quickly that it's difficult to get blended out as you're applying. Every time I've used it I've felt like I'm in a race to blend faster than the foundation sets. I've found that brush application tends to end up slightly streaky and BB application is difficult because the foundation is so lightweight that the sponge just sucks it up and you end up having to use more foundation (BB and the Fenty sponge).

It drys down pretty matte and dry looking. I noticed it accentuated fine lines under my eye area which really bothered me. The biggest problem I have with this foundation is that it clung to my pores. It didn't pool or separate into them, it clung to them and made them look fuzzy. FUZZY. It's the weirdest thing ever. my skin is always moisturized and exfoliated and none of my other foundations do this to my pores.

From a distance my skin looked great and my oily areas never looked shiny even though I had to blot throughout the day. BUT...when I got close to the mirror I could see this weird fuzziness on my nose and chin and creasing in all my fine lines around my eyes and my forehead. Keep in mind that I've also been using this foundation with the Fenty primer as well.

This foundation may be great for a night out when I'm dancing or in low light settings, but for the daytime it's a no-go.
I wish that it didn't look so dry, didn't cling to my pores and make them look freakin' fuzzy, and didn't oxidize so drastically. I think the formula needs a bit of work. I'd totally be down to try out a more luminous, dewy finish should they release one in the future, but they need to get their oxidization in check.

No one wants to speak poorly of the Fenty line, but it's not a flawless line at all. Out of the 11 items I bought (almost $400 worth) there are only 3 that I like: The primer, the gloss, and the highlighter brush (even though I feel the brush is too expensive for how it actually feels, but that's a review for another time). I know you're thinking about the highlighter right now when I say I only liked 3 things, and that's because the highlighters are just glitter. Again, review for another time.

on 9/21/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have two main issues when looking for a foundation, color match and mattefying capabilities, as I have extremely oily skin. This foundation covers both those problem areas for me and for that alone this foundation is a winner in my book. If you have yellow toned or olive skin give this foundation a try. Coverage isn't full, I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, however with two layers I get good coverage that's enough for me. I know that when my (acne prone) skin was bad, this wouldn't have cut it for me, now that my skin is better it's enough, but it's something to keep in mind if you have moderate to severe acne. What's really won me over is how much less I have to blot when wearing this, its significantly less, and when I do my makeup looks fresh again. This isn't a full 5 stars from me because there are better (actual) full coverage foundations out there, but this foundation works for my skin and tone which is rare and it's worth trying it out.

on 9/21/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As a foundation junkie, there was no way that I was not going to buy this foundation. I'm also not big on celebrity brands but after spending about 8 hours on and off watching YouTube reviews on the Fenty products, I really wanted to try this.
I'm 62 years old. My skin is dry. Very dry. My skincare routine is very important to me. Because of this I was a bit nervous to try but I went to Sephora and was color matched. The two colors that were swatched were 160 and 170--Light/Cool. I took two samples home with me because I really wanted to "try before buy". (I did buy the Gloss Bomb and the primer--WOW).
The next morning, I made sure my skin was well-hydrated with serum and cream and when dried, I applied the Fenty primer. (review to come). Allowing about 5 minutes for the primer to set, I went ahead to apply the foundation. NOTE: Before applying the foundation, you MUST shake the bottle. Shaking the bottle helps the foundation to mix and you will not have any oxidation. At first I used a foundation brush and didn't like the way the brush applied. Then I used my finger to apply and blended in with a dampened Real Techniques blending sponge. This application worked like a charm. Next, I allowed the foundation to dry completely then buffed with a large buffing brush. Then I sprayed setting spray. The foundation did not feel dry neither did my skin. The finish was superior and the coverage is very, very good. I don't want a full coverage and one pump was all that was needed.
I've heard from some reviewers that contour can lift this foundation. This did not happen with me. I used the Match Stix in Amber. It is a very cool taupe and with my fair coloring is a great contour. Blush, everything else stayed put.
This foundation has been a delight. I've gotten many compliments on how great my skin looks--my husband, who can't stand foundation mentioned that my makeup looked very soft and natural. At a price point of $34, this is a great value because you don't need a lot of product. If you remember to shake the bottle it won't oxodize. Honestly, I had no oxidization at all! Hope this helps. Oh..and this cosmetics line is very "old lady" friendly!

on 9/22/2017 5:00:00 AM

Just not my foundation style. Too powdery-looking. And a tad too dry.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is an excellent foundation! I used the sample from Sephora for one day. Loved the perfect color match on me and the super lightweight texture. My skin looked flawless.

I have combination skin with dry cheeks and a moderately oily t-zone. I moisturized and primed my skin before applying the foundation. I also used a pressed setting powder over it to maximize the control of my oily t-zone. I just had to use blotting powder a few times during the day. It was gorgeous.

Now here's the problem. I have very sensitive skin and I have to treat general allergies (hay fever in the Spring, cats, dogs, etc). After wearing this foundation for only one day, my skin was already forming inflamed little bumps when I washed it off at night. And my overall face was tender to the touch. The product has pineapple and papaya fruit extracts. I learned from another reviewer that these are known irritants for people with sensitive skin.

So if you have sensitive skin, definitely wear the Sephora sample first before proceeding with a full bottle. And if you don't have sensitive skin, I know that you will love this product!