Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

The packaging was really good and secure. But the foundation was awful. I got it from Harvey Nichols. It did NOT blend!! I put it on and for £26 it should have been amazing, but it flakes off straight away when I tried to blend it. After trying to put powder on it got worse and you couldn’t put any bronzer or blusher on. Now I use Number 7 and The Body Shop

on 3/17/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this about a month ago when I ran out of foundation (Sephora Collection) because I've heard good things about it during its release. We've got to admit — finding the "perfect shade" for your skin was a good selling point. When I used it for the first time, though, I couldn't say I liked the consistency? It was very fluid, very thin. Coverage was medium, so I had to reapply it on areas where I have PIH. About a few minutes later, I felt some slight itching on some parts of my face. I ignored it and it might be the biggest mistake I've ever made this year (in terms of skincare lol). When the day was done, the foundation was clinging on to dry patches of my face and lo and behold: breakouts! I was sad because a) I liked the bottle/packaging and b) the product wasn't cheap. I didn't know if Sephora would accept returns (then) if the product's already open so, now, it's just sitting on my makeup shelf thingy. 11/10 wouldn't buy again.

on 3/16/2018 5:20:00 PM

I love the thin consistency, I loved the range of shades. Controlled my oily tzone very well. Where it went wrong for me was my winter skin was far to dry for this foundation. So it looked very caked, dry, and all of my fine lines came through. I think if you have oily moisturized skin this could be your holy grail. I have dehydrated combination skin with lots of texture so it did not work for me.

on 3/13/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like this product, but what I want when I spend $34 for a bottle (and after all the hype) is to love the product. I like the coverage of this foundation as well as the subtle scent, packaging and immediate finish however what I've noticed (after wearing maybe 4-5 times per month for 6 months) is that after a few hours the finish no longer looks matte. Could be due to my oily skin but my skin but I don't look as "pro filtered" as I did when I first put it on. While I know it's expected to have to touch up make-up throughout the day, this seems like it goes beyond a little blot here and there, I'm actually compelled to take it off and re-apply complete. It's also almost as it oxidizes to a different shade throughout the day. An extremelyyyyyyy slight change in shade, but still makes a difference when you, the person, wearing it can tell and have spent your money to look flawless all day, not just the first 45 minutes that it's applied. I like the product, I want to love it though.

on 3/12/2018 3:38:00 AM

so I LOVE this like its my favorite!!!! the only problem I have is Im a super white pale person and I think I shade 120 without looking at it, but I feel like its a little pale for me but the next color up is to dark but its one of those just use a little bronzer. I love the shade ranges like I said I'm PALE and I normally can get the lightest shade and somtimes its do dark for me and the lightest shade is way to light for me... the ware on it is light and buildabul. I don't know about anyone else but a beauty blender doesn't really work well with it I use a oval shaped brush and it works a lot better than a Beauty blender.

on 3/10/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Before buying this foundation I watched plenty of reviews on youtube and seeking out other swatches, and I was expecting to try out 420 and 430. I let the sales person use the shade matching machine on me just because she already had it out and it said 450. When I tried it it was dull and the red undertone was way too different from my face. I’m glad the store was packed and she got distracted because otherwise she probably would have tried to sell it to me. So, huge side-eye at that machine and I will never even waste the few seconds letting someone do that again.

I like how this foundation matches my skin and coverage is build able. It does get annoying to me how quickly you have to blend before it dries and when using a brush I have to clean it often or the application will be streaky. I always use a matte primer with my other foundations but with this one it is just feels way too dry, so I prefer to just use it without one for now. Maybe in the future I will try the Fenty one. I set this foundation with loose powder and then use setting spray and I have not experienced much transferring and I can get all day wear. I may have to blot once or twice depending on how hot it is or if I use less powder. I will repurchase.

(Reviews are mixed so I would suggest taking advantage of getting a sample if you can)

Nope. Definitely not one for me.

I’ve break out prone skin, acne prone skin, clogged prone skin, large pores combination t zone and dry skin on my eye areas.

This broke me out a little after 2 uses, left me with clogged pores and dried out the skin around my eyes/ cheeks.

The finish was lovely though, a nice soft matte as it’s namesake. But it didn’t wear well, cakey and disintegrates after a few hours of wear.

Thankfully I didn’t spend any monies on this as it was a Christmas gift.

Much Overrated imo

I went to Sephora to get color matched and the product broke me out in hives! The packaging is beautiful and I'm pleased with the variety of shades available at launch but unfortunately this product will not work for me.

on 2/28/2018 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Like many women of colour, I was so excited to try Fenty Beauty foundations. The Sephora rep matched me to shade 370. I found the finish more matte than I was used to, but I moisturized that little bit extra to compensate. I discovered, however, that an hour or so after application, the foundation was oxidizing to a reddish hue that did not match my cool/yellowish undertones. I went back to Sephora and bought a 360 to mix with the 370 to help neutralize the red. That was nearly four weeks ago and I now have to sadly report that although my customized shade mix was working, these foundations appear to be breaking me out quite severely on the chin and cheeks. So it's back to Tom Ford for me. 😕

My oily skin is pretty fickle when it comes to foundations. The shade match wowed me - I got this in 180, which fits my warm olive skintone to a T. I was so elated by the initial discovery that I made concessions for the products' shortcomings. It would immediately apply cakey to my oily skin, no matter how thin a layer, and could not be remedied with a small dose of serum, which many people recommended. After a while, I would notice that at the end of the day, my natural oils break through the foundation barrier and I'm left looking splotchy. I guess despite my oily skin, I should stick to dewy formulas and just blot and powder. Would not repurchase, but I commend the shade range!