Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 7/14/2017 7:28:00 AM

I do like this product but it doesn't last at all! I have a few foundations that can be a shade too dark after they oxides but if I put this or the serum version over it omg it lasts alllll day won't rub off at all won't cling to dry places (that I don't even have!) honestly mixing this makes a huge difference.
I got the shade 1.1n and 1.0n in the serum and after a few minutes it alters slightly to your skin tone (which it does says on the website) In mac I'm a nc15 and the neutral tone of the 1.1n is perfect.
Don't love it but don't hate it but for the price I'll take it! (£5.90)

on 7/6/2017 11:50:00 AM

I used a foundation matcher to determine my shade (I wear C1 in MAC face & body, or NC 20). I was recommended shade 1.2 and i bought both the neutral and yellow tone.

These foundations are VERY full coverage. Granted, the shades were wayyyy to light for me, but when I applied with a beauty blender, they had a very "mask-like" finish. I'm oily and these made my skin look dry and old. :(

I am willing to try again if I can get the right shade. Will update this review then.

on 7/5/2017 12:29:00 AM

I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin with minor wrinkles under my eyes. I was using Revlon Colorstay and wanted to try something with "healthier" ingredients and a better color match.

After putting it on with my fingers, I noticed this foundation clung to my dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. It also settled into my fine lines under the eyes. I loved the color match though as it has many shades for medium yellow undertones. It also gives a medium coverage with one layer...I did not put more layers on.

4 hours later, my T-zone had completely gotten oily and there was no foundation on it. As great as the pricing and packaging was, I will not be repurchasing as I need a long-wearing foundation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium coverage
- satin finish
- easy to blend
- does not settle into fine lines

CONS

- rubs off easily
- oily

COMMENTS: Medium coverage with a satin finish. Very easy to blend and does not settle into fine lines. It does however, rub off very easily (especially after blotting) and has this oily consistency upon application. I have to add some loose translucent powder with this or it won't adhere to my skin (especially my nose). The consistency is quite slippery, which is why blending isn't an issue whatsoever. As long as I don't touch my face, it stays on just fine. It still looks pretty decent at the end of a long day or being outdoors in warm weather, which is good. I like it, but not enough to buy it again.

Will not repurchase.

on 6/27/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hmmm I am a NC42. I got the 2.0Y and find it pulls very very yellow. I like everything but that too yellow tint. Normally I can use a yellow foundation but this is extremely yellow. So beware!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was really lucky to find the right shade straight away, but ..did not ike it much. It did stick to every single dry patch on my face. Then got better after an hour or so simply because everything did start to get oily. And then it did start to separate. Badly. The sides of my nose were the worst. Medium coverage (I am used to full) .Basically an ok foundation if you are planning to stay out three hours max. Only good point is that it did not break me out , as most foundations do. Will not repurchase and actually gave my two bottles to a friend already. FYI , I am a NC25 in Mac and Sand in Estee Lauder Double Wear and shade 1.2Y was PERFECT.

on 6/23/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could give this product 2.5 lippies because I think it is truly middle of the road. I bought two of the serum foundations, and two of the high coverage. I bought two colours of each because it's always so hard to tell online. I'm somewhere between NC20 and 25 right now but I have a LOT of freckles, and that makes me look darker even though my neck is quite light.

Wow the Coverage is INCREDIBLY opaque. The texture is quite similar to the serum foundation - a nice thick liquid with a slightly silicone-y feeling and a pretty matte dry-down. The serum foundation is probably half as opaque as the full coverage, however I would say it's at least still a medium coverage foundation.

I got both 1.2YG and 2.0YG - neither are shimmery. They are quite olive toned. Girls who have a hard time finding an olive liquid foundation, I'd suggest you try these!

The 1.2N is the best colour match for me - it's a true light neutral colour. In the summer I'm going to mix the 1.2YG into it to match my tiny little bit of a warm tan on the rest of my body.

Now for the application - it's a bit finicky. You have to use quite little and put it on in very thin layers, otherwise it gets slippy, slidy, and greasy throughout the day. I usually put a very thin light layer on my whole face, then go back in over the chin, nose and inner forehead where I get redness.

I do have to powder and setting spray this formula or else it does wear off in patches like other reviewers have mentioned. But it's not a sticky formula like some - it won't rub off on your hand or anything like that.

To be honest, I can't believe people were so harsh in their reviews considering this is less than $7. It's better than any drugstore liquid foundation that I've tried (that's not discontinued.... RIP many old loves!) and it's cheaper too.

*edit* - ended up putting it down to 2 lippies. I threw it out - never reached for it.

on 6/15/2017 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Of course, each of us has different skin and different requirements for what is successful -- I like this formula because it works for me. I think it is an excellent foundation and easily fits in among my top favorite foundations: Chanel Vitalumiere, Guerlain Parure de Lumiere, and Lancome Renergie Lift. The price is remarkable!

I have mature skin which tends to be dry and I have a tiny amount of rosacea on my cheeks. I've been faithful about using several products from The Ordinary (Vitamin C,E,Ferulic acid; Niacinamide + Zinc; Advanced Retinoid 2%; Matrixyl 10%; Rose Hip Seed Oil; 100% Squalene; Buffet....) I follow a specific regimen for a.m. and p.m. to keep my skin healthy and moisturized.

Before I apply this foundation I use a foundation primer (from Hourglass, Smashbox or The Ordinary). I use a combination of my fingers and a buffing brush to apply the foundation. I set my foundation with a light application of translucent powder (Bare Minerals) or ByeBye Pores (IT Cosmetics).

The Ordinary Coverage foundation works well for me. I've also had great success by mixing a bit of the Serum Foundation along with the Coverage foundation. My skin looks flawless, it covers my bits of rosacea, it doesn't accentuate my pores or wrinkles. The Coverage Foundation lasts through the work day for me and into the evening with no patchiness or wearing off. That is a success, for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I waited soooooo long! Soooooo long, almost 3 months for this foundation. I have used this for 3 days now and I just can't deal with this foundation any longer. I was so heart broken on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time I tried it. I was expecting so much because Wayne Goss said so along with their skincare line that totally broke me out (that's another review). Now back to this foundation. I am an NC30-NC35. I got 3 shades because I thought, foundation (2.1Y), concealer/highlight shade (1.2Y) and a contour shade (3.2N). Let's just say I am glad I got two different shade of yellow undertone.

1.2Y beautiful shade really yellow but it's light. BUT this oxidises into a banana shade!

2.1Y this is actually an orange more so than a yellow! You will look like an ompaloompa (not sure if that's how it's spelt)

3.2N beautiful shade for contouring and bronzing until it goes muddy!

Primer used for 3 days: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, MUF Step 1 smoothing, Jouer Antiblemish Primer

Setting Powder used for 3 days: RCMA no colour powder, MAC SF and MAC MSF

Setting Spray used for 3 days: Gerard Cosmetics Slay All day and Australis Matte spray

I used my fingers at first, then I feel so gross and finish it off with my Beauty Blender. I used a brush, yeah don't bother!

All combo failed! FAILED spectacularly!!!

Cons;
- settles to fine lines, does nothing for pores even with great primer, highlights texture! So unflattering to my skin. Reminded me of my experience with the KVD lock it foundation.
- it oxidise like no one's business!!!
- it last for 2hrs at most. I can't even blot and fix it because it just disappear and seperate in areas
- it is patchy with a non silicone primer
- what coverage??? You can't even layer this foundation more than twice to build coverage. Terrible mess!

Pro's;
- It didn't break me out
- good controlled pump
- Price is Ok. It's almost $13AUD and I got 3 of them so almost $40 wasted.
- Shade range is good, but like I said above, it oxidises and the 2.1Y is orange!!!!

This reminds me of a BB cream. But you probably get a better result with a BB cream. Not mature skin friendly. I am mad at this foundation as you can probably tell. I suffered 3 days of humiliating bad foundation day at work. Mind you, it's winter in Australia right now so I am combo and not that oily at the moment. If you have a younger skin with not many problematic facial issues then this foundation can possibly work well for you. But it's a big FAIL for me.

on 6/26/2017 5:24:00 PM

It makes me wonder if YouTube beauty gurus are paid to sell a product. I have tried to wear this foundation and every time I am disappointed. it transfers, it becomes patchy and it does not last more than a couple of hours. It looks horrendous on skin. Just a horrible foundation. This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. Regardless of its price I would still expect a semi decent foundation. Nope it is not decent at all. It's not even comparable to our "drug store" brands (us Australians don't use that terminology). It is not worth the price eventhough the price is cheap, that's how bad this stuff is.

Edit: ok girls and guys I tried a different approach for application. I used a silicone based primer I then used my real techniques brush to blend this product out instead of my beauty blender, I then used my Estee Lauder double wear powder on top of it. By doing this the foundation has lasted all day with out it breaking up or disappearing! Infact it looks lovely. It's not a foundation that you can't wear it on its own I believe the Estee Lauder dw powder is what changed this foundation into a wearable and actually decent foundation. For this reason I changed my vote from a 1 to a 3.