Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

As other reviewers have said, this contains carrageenan, which they don't have listed on their site!! But it says so right on the box. Carrageenan does not cause skin issues for everybody, but I find it very concerning that it is missing from the website's list of ingredients. Also like some of the other reviewers, I too first noticed positive changes in my skin (skin clearing) followed by the worst breakout I've had in a long time. All over my face! By my eyebrows, on my cheeks, by my nose, lips, chin. Places I never get acne (as well as problem areas). I exfoliate very regularly so this was not a purge. This is the second product I've used from this company and both times went horribly wrong so I am done trying with them. Bad skin reactions, filtered reviews on their website as well as ingredients in their products that aren't listed in the ingredient lists on their website....no thanks.

on 5/22/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I really enjoy this serum. I use it in the mornings, under moisturizer and SPF. I have acne prone and extremely clog prone skin. This has definitely helped with keeping breakouts at bay. Niacinamide helps with hyperpigmentation which is something I deal with, so having it in my daily routine, and at this high percentage, is wonderful!

The texture is a little tacky but nothing a little moisturizer won't take care of. I wish it came with a pump, the texture is thick and gel-like, I think it would work with a pump. Maybe Deciem can just sell pumps separately! I would just use the same pump on bottle after bottle of this serum.

For the price, I will continue to purchase the serum for the foreseeable future, I'm already on my second bottle and have purchased a backup. I even got some friends to start using it! Definitely one of my favourite Deciem products. Highly recommended.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using this serum for 10 months since last year when I first discovered The Ordinary brand. I have tried many of their offerings, some hit or miss, but this is wonderful. I have bought back ups upon back ups and for the price, why not?! So far in the line, I have tried lactic acid 10%, retinol 2%, map vitamin C 10%, vitamin C 23%, Arbutin serum, azaleic acid and this niacinamide serum. I also want to note I have tried and finished a bottle of Paula's niacinamide booster which is why I ended up buying this afterwards. So far in my skin care routine, I have kept this and the azelaic acid. This serum Has no fragrance, a bit tacky when spreading but dries non sticky. I follow it up each night with azelaic acid. In comparison to Paula's, this is thicker, more serum like in finish while Paula's is like water, almost an essence to me. Therefore, Paula's is easy to overuse, in fact, I was finished with it in two months! At 42$ a bottle, I could not bring myself to buy another when deciem is less than 10$. To be honest, the effect that my skin gets doesn't differ from Paula's, even though that has more skin beneficial ingredients vs deciem is more linear-- niacinamide and zinc. Since starting a 10% niacinamide, my skin is brighter, calmer and pores are less noticeable. I rarely use a primer now and just put on a mattifying sunscreen (Replenix Ultimatte), some concealer and I'm done with my base. It has also helped me avoid breakouts and if I do, my blemishes tend to lighten up quicker. I would never be without this and the azelaic acid. I think I have found a sound routine for a great price. Deciem continues to churn out great products and I have been a fan! For reference, my evening routine includes double cleansing (simple cleansing oil then cerave foaming cleanser), a first essence from Missha, hada labo hyaluronic acid, then this followed by azelaic acid. I don't apply this in the morning because of the tendency to ball up sometimes with formulations (especially if I do use a primer). I only use the essence and hyaluronic acid before sunscreen.

on 5/18/2017 12:19:00 AM

I'm in my 30s and have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this serum right after cleansing every night for 2 weeks. I noticed that my pores are smaller, there is less congestion on my face, and it has helped with hormonal acne about 30%.

I did notice some peeling but it was very slight. I also do follow this product with "Buffet" but was skipping my moisturizer.

Overall I can see myself using this product long term. It's nothing that will give you amazing or instant results. However it has improved my skin about 30% which is a lot more than most products have done for my skin.

I am always surprised at the opposite opinions on some products. Obviously skincare is something really individual, but from my experience one needs to be patient and consistent. And products can't work by themselves, they need to be combined with something else, introduced gradually and so on. I use this product in the morning cocktailing it with the alpha-arbutin from the same company. I use acids in the evening. Because of the high concentration of niacinamide I had to introduce it slowly to my skincare routine and at first I used it after my morning serum because if used together with the arbutin, it would burn my skin a little. I got used to it in a matter of a week. I've been using it for about a month, and although it is extremely difficult to see a difference in the skin complexion when looking at myself everyday in the mirror, I can definitely say that the sun spots I have on my forehead are starting to break. It is true that I am using other "whitening" products, but I can say for sure that the biggest difference I've seen is after introducing these two products in my routine. And knowing that melasma is extremely stubborn, it will take awhile to really clear my skin (as much as possible).

on 5/11/2017 2:46:00 AM

I'm loving the product. A few weeks ago I was having really bad breakouts. Acne scarring can take age to disappear, and I feel that after using this product it has really faded my scarring after only about a week and a half of using it. It does have a slightly sticky feeling and tightness after application but that goes away especially with a moisturizer on top. Love the packaging as you are able to dispense just a few drops which is all you need. I've been applying this day and night along with the hyaluronic acid after cleaning and toning. I then follow it with a moisturizer and I love the results. Will be recommending to my friends.

on 5/5/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try The Ordinary products and may have went a bit overboard buying them because they were so cheap. I am a little annoyed I bought two of these bottles because I won't be using the second one. I had a similar experience to another reviewer saying that at first it made my skin tone appear less red and more even/clear, but then I started getting painful cysts/nodules on my face. I would say this all started happening about 2 weeks into using this product daily. I've been using the Effaclar system with pretty great results, but wanted something extra just to help with some redness and scarring. Although BP works for me, I do hate the bleaching/drying aspect of it and was looking for an alternative that would help keep me clear.

I do not recommend this if you have acne prone skin. I am currently now dealing with a huge scar from one of the worst cysts of my life after using this product. The 3 other nodules on my face are finally healing after discontinuing use from this product. I also thought perhaps it was something else breaking me out, so I put this product on my neck only and lo and behold, huge zit on my neck where I usually never break out.

I'm sure there's a reason these products are so inexpensive and it's probably because they don't actually work and haven't actually been really tested on anyone yet.

I did not like this at all. During the first two days of use my skin was glowing, clear and looked more even then it had before. I thought I had hit the jackpot with this. But then by the end of the week my face was a clogged mess. I broke out over my entire face in under the skin bumps. They were large and they were noticeable. It was the only new product I had started so I knew it had to be this as sad as it was. Its cheap so its worth a shot if it will work for you, but I wouldn't use it if you are acne prone. I even tried to use it on my arms as a moisturizer because I hate wasting products and it gave me a rash. Shame it didn't work

I have been using this product for a month now. Just on my chin as that's where I breakout and I haven't had a spot since. My skin never feels decongested anymore. I ordered another bottle last night. Love it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is a really good serum. don't know what the other based reviews are from. I have very and prone skin as it's quite sensitive I have to take extra care not to offset the balance with foreign products to my skin's surface. this did me wonders. after 2 days of christen use yes TWO DAYS I noticed my hormonal acne subside!!! and quite significantly I might add. I knew this would work for me though because I've taken niacin tablets and they always seem to clear up my skin. I don't know if it's repurchase since I bought 2 bottles in my the ordinary order so I'm well stocked for the moment.