Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

on 9/12/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The price is amazing. I like how this stays for the entire day for an oily skin girl like me. Nice matte finish. However, caution: gets slightly patchy on any dry areas. You will love this if you have oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think this foundation is great for the price. It is medium-to-full coverage, looks great in flash photography, and leaves me with a dewy and fresh looking finish. I find that this look better when applied with a sponge as opposed to a brush. It usually takes me about two "spatulas" worth of product for a full face, but I have visible acne scarring.

My biggest issues with this foundation are the smell and the packaging. There is no pump, but a spatula with which you have to use to deposit the product onto the back of your hand before application. But for like $6, I wouldn't expect much else.

on 9/8/2017 11:01:00 PM

I'm still in awe at how much WnW has stepped up their game. This is a surprisingly excellent foundation for the price especially. It has a good variety of colors and undertones (at least in the light and medium area :/...) In the 1990s and 2000s, I tried WAY worse drugstore foundation for way more money that were terrible in comparison to this.

Now- granted I have tried better. But all of those were far more expensive- like, was the Nars foundation I tried 10X better? No. Not really.

I will grant I am kind of at a honeymoon phase with my skin. I'm old enough that, though I am still oily it isn't like it was 20 years ago, nor do I have acne or break out much yet I don't have fine lines yet. So. Best skin of my life right now, don't need crazy coverage and thus I might have hated this as a 20 something. Mostly I just need to even out a bit and combat the redness I get from rosacea.

It is a real medium coverage- not full, for sure. Doesn't incline to streak which is great. It is a bit more visible as makeup than say, my gold standard for "super, natural" skin (Nyx BB which is too light at the moment). Does stick to dry bits- be sure to moisturize! It applies easily and smoothly for me; I didn't find it a particularly fiddly one to get even, though it sets pretty fast actually.

It lasts quite well on me- again, I've owned slightly better but after 7 hours at work in 90 degrees, it hasn't broken down, though I did set it with loose powder. I am VERY oily-skinned, so I break about 75% of foundations down by mid-day, so this one lasts better than most.

It did not oxidize noticeably.

I mean. It is great if you need a good daily foundation, and don't want to spend $$$ to use a fabulous, fabulously expensive one when you're just going to go to work. Not the best thing ever, yes it has a scent (I found it dissipated in a short time so whatever), but looks very good and is super cheap and has a decent selection of color. I will definitely use it regularly, and yes I would probably choose a more expensive, slightly better formula for an event, but many days this is plenty good.

Good.

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.

on 8/30/2017 11:18:00 AM

Holy buckets!

Another product I came across thanks to the YouTube beauty community.

I've always been skeptical of Wet n Wild simply because of the price. I'd buy their lipsticks now and again because they were cheap, but I rarely bought any face products. Though the formulas aren't always better for pricier items, they typically contain better ingredients that don't irritate my hella acne-prone skin as much as their cheaper counterparts. The YouTube community was raving however so, given it's AWESOME price point, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was so pleasantly surprised! The shade matched perfectly (which is super hard for me because I'm fair, but warm-toned, which typically comes across too yellow), the coverage is full but your skin still looks like your skin (no "mask" effect), the formula was incredibly easy to work with and it lasted all day long, even on my oil-slick of a face! Just like any other foundation, this one works best with a primer and/or a setting spray, but DAMN! Wet n Wild is stepping it up!

Some of their other newer items that I'm in love with are their Liquid Catsuit liquid matte lipsticks and their new highlighters are ON POINT.

Okay, at first I loved this foundation, the smell doesn't bother me, but I have very sensitive skin due to some allergies. I have a latex allergy, and I didn't see latex anywhere in the additives, but I cannot use this foundation. I use covergirl clean matte BB cream and it's amazing. This foundation caused my entire face to get red and swollen and I got huge blisters on my face that caused scarring. I've only used it twice and I bought a new bottle thinking it might be just that batch a few months later, low and behold I'm here again with blisters all over my face. I'm sticking with covergirl, at least it doesn't scar my face

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good affordable foundation that goes on good and looks natural. Does smell like paint tho.

on 8/23/2017 5:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

pros:
- good color match - porcelain may even be a bit too light. nice to have a CF option at the drugstore for foundation
- med coverage
- cap is very secure thanks to grooves along opening, sturdy packaging

cons:
- tacky finish, never dries down - powdering this to mattify never works and only serves to make the foundation look incredibly cakey
- offensive odor that doesn't linger, but isn't pleasant to apply
- definitely has flashback
- buildable
- applicator is strange and unwieldy
- cap gets dirty and gunky with product with each use
- seems to be the cause of some recent breakouts ??

overall an okay foundation, but not great for me personally as a daily driver as i do like matte foundations with buildable coverage and this looks incredibly heavy when i powder it to my liking. i like the color and will finish my bottle but would prefer not to have such a dewy finish. worth a shot for $6 tho so if you’re interested, give it a try~

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I had trouble finding a foundation; I either found something too dark or for whatever reason, it just didn't work for me.

But I think I finally found the right foundation, although I was a bit skeptical of it at first due to the price. I have this in the shade "Soft Ivory" (light-warm undertone) and I love it so much. So I'll just break down the pros and cons of it.

The only issues with it are that it smells a little bit like paint (but it goes away after you blend it, although the smell doesn't bother me personally), and it can emphasize skin texture a little bit.

However, the things I like about this foundation are that it has never oxidized on me, it blends out perfectly (I use a sponge to apply it), it's under 10 dollars, I like the formula, I love the coverage, and I have to admit the spatula applicator has grown on me.
I also like the fact that this has 20 shades ranging from Porcelain to Mahogany along with specific undertones for each shade. I have yet to test it out with flash photography, though.

All in all, I love this foundation and I plan on getting it again when I run out of this. <3