Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.5

I found the smell unbearable and I just couldn't wear this cream. It made my eyes sting and water and the product wasn't anywhere near them. I was hoping because it was in a cream base it would make this Vitamin C product bearable but unfortunately no.

I can't comment on the treatment value and what it does for your skin because I couldn't wear it long enough.

I love most of The Ordinary skin treatments and use about six in my skin regime, unfortunately this is not one of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a generally a fan of these products, the price means I can experiment and try out things I haven't tried before. This was my first time using a Vitamin C product so I don't have a previous frame of reference! I am very used to topical acids and even though my skin is prone to acne it's not that sensitive these days so I was surprised by how unbearable this felt. I know it warns of tingling but my reaction was a consistent burning and because of the greasy suspension it was really difficult to remove. I'm not sure if my skin is sensitised from using other products or if this is just too brutal for me but I'm not putting it near my face again.

on 5/18/2017 12:14:00 AM

I'm in my early 30's and have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I have tried other vitamin C treatments before but at much lower concentrations. I find that my skin does not respond well to vitamin C.

I applied it after cleansing and noticed the "tingling". This turned into itching and some redness. 8 hours later, I had red spots on my cheeks and the itching around my mouth did not go away. I quickly washed it off and noticed the rash it left around my mouth.

I do not react this badly to any other product, including chemical exfoliants and peels...so it may be specific to vitamin C.

I like the packaging and love the price. However this goes on oily and gritty...I can't imagine it working under makeup. Sorry I could not comment on the long term benefits.

This product is a no-go for me. I bought it because I was drawn by the fact that it has 23% vitamin c and there's no water in the formulation. The science and explanation behind making a stable L-ascorbic acid product really intrigued me. Sadly, the texture of this is strange as heck. It's gritty and I feel like I'm sandpapering my face everytime this goes on. I'm used to high percentage vitamin c products so I'm not complaining about the stinging that everyone feels, but the texture was just not elegant. I'm not going to lie, the way a product applies really makes or breaks whether I will stick to using it or not. I tried mixing this with the Hydating Factors serum, and that took the grittiness away but the entire formulation was still extremely greasy. Not to mention, this pills HORRIBLY. I can't use it under makeup, and even when I gently pat moisturiser or sunscreen on top, it balls up into bits that really annoy me. I'm going to find a way to use this tube up, but I'm never repurchasing. 2 lippies only for the idea and science behind it and the belief that it would actually work wonders if I could get it to stay on my skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this vitamin c product for about two months now. The tube is almost finished. Overall, I would say I did see a difference in the fading of acne scars. Although, I dislike the texture of the product. It's very gritty and feels quite thick. I usually apply this product after spritzing my face with water (using Avene thermal spray) and with my hands slight wet (running them under some water). This way, I find that the vitamin c serum goes on easier and the grits dissolve. I won't be buying this product again, I will try the ascorbyl glucoside solution next time.

on 5/19/2017 11:10:00 PM

I'm not usually one to write a review but after reading the reviews on this one I had to.
I have skin that is sometimes oily sometimes dry. So combination I would say
I'm the type of person with a good skin care routine and uses very active products.
I use Paula's choice products, and alpha H gycolic acid already.
I wanted to use a vitamin C once or twice a week (when not using my gycolic acid product) for the benifits, so I purchased this product.
I found this really beneficial for my skin to use just after cleansing once a week (considering it's so cheats but has great ingredient). It's slightly oily but i just left it on with no moisturizer over night... I woke up with such a nice glow and soft skin. I didn't get the tingling or irritation but I feel as if this is because my skin is use to really active products, so if your not one with a good skin care routine or already active ingredients, it might take a while to get use to!
Hope this helps some people

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I figured out how to make this product work.

Okay, first off, this product burned like f***. I just needed to vent, k?

The first three nights were unbearable and I couldn't deal with it. I've had to figure out how to apply this properly and adjust my routine around it.

1. This is, so far, not a good product for daytime, as the grease never seems to wear away. I recommend Silk Natural's serums as far as that goes, or Timeless, if you don't want to shell out the big bucks for Skinceuticals.

2. I wear this every other night, and try to use products that are more soothing otherwise, such as Niacinamide, and repairing, like peptides. I try to lay off the acids otherwise.

3. A dime sized amount is all you need, and I mix it in with a little lotion to add to my face. Bam. Grit that everyone is complaining about is gone. It seems to work better as a "booster" than a serum.

I need to test this a little longer to see if it's really superior, but for the price, not bad.

Note: This supposedly contains coconut derivatives which are comedogenic for some. I've had a few pimples but I'm waiting around to see if my skin gets used to it. Also, I've read that c needs vitamin e to work better, and I'm not sure this has that in it. Might want to wear it mixed in with a vitamin E moisturizer. CVS has a nice generic one that's about $5.

NOTE: This form of vitamin C clashes with Niacinamide!!! Don't use them together.

on 5/7/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm going to try and keep this short as other reviews have explained the consistency and how difficult of a product this is to use.

Okay, my experience. 1st use....felt the hot prickling itchiness and skin went red, wasn't pleasant at all. Next day 2nd use...didn't feel what I felt the 1st day so was 🙂. Next day 3rd use...OMG felt the same as 1st use but much worser that I had to sit in front of my fan to cool my face down, it burnt my skin in small patches next day the skin was dry and peeling so It would have been very silly to use it the 4th night!!!

I had to heal my skin until it was back to normal again by moisturising a lot and removing the dead skin gently with a warm damp cloth...I stopped using all serums until skin was totally healed, only took a week. Once healed I tried it again but this time I spritz my skin with claudalie grape water after cleansing before applying the the vit c.....felt very minor stinging. Then I didnt apply again for another 5 day and again only felt minor stinging which subsided within a few mins. I will use this once per week to let my skin adapt to it and slowly build it up and use it only at night and only on nights when its not a retin a(tretinion) / acid / niacinamide night....as you must not mix either of these on the same night.

Secret is to spritz face before you apply this.
Start off once per week and build up.
Listen to your skin, don't keep applying if face is sore as you will cause more damage than good.

Great item, will buy again. I use on my face, neck, chest and back of hands... night only. Daytime I use the 12% ascorbyl glycoside from the ordinary but I'm finding this too sticky for my liking so am on search of another vit c for the day but I really want my skin to get used to the 23% as it a great product that does no oxidise and go bad and is cheap as hell...you just can't go wrong with this for night time use as ideally you do not want to apply vit c in the morning as it oxidises with light.

I also use the hylamide, matrixyl, buffet and niacinamide from the ordinary. I have a regime where I incorporate all these products on different days and nights.

I hope this helps. Sorry wasn't kept short lol

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this has a very gritty texture but they​tell you that on the website thats the whole point of the spheres in the name of the product. but God this WORKS. really brightens my skin tone makes it looking vibrant brilliant and flushed with life when I wake up in the morning. much less of that dull dry face look even when my face is dry. this is a great source of vitamin c that won't go bad. can't argue with the shelf life.

on 5/11/2017 11:37:00 PM

I am really sad to say that I dont think I can use this product. I dont use many products, never tried Vit C before, or any other lightening or retinoid or anything like that, but I was hoping to use this for melasma and just general fading of sun marks etc. (im 31). About 2 years ago I finished up with Roaccutane and perhaps now my skin is more sensitive - but roaccutane saved my life from adult cystic pimples - and not I just use a gentle cleanser twice a day, have barely ever any pimples any more, and my once extremely oily clogged pore skin is now relatively even and not too oily and I use a nice thick moisturiser with Niacinamide at night and a low chemical moisturiser in the day - thats really it.

I used this Vit C cleam in the PM as directed - also putting the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 first (which I also started at the same time - ordered together). 3 days in my face has come out in teeny tiny little bumps and my face where I put the cream - even more prominantly on my cheeks are really red, like I have wind or a bit of sun burn - which I definitely dont (sunscreen always, plus hat and been mostly inside last 3 days). So it might be too intense for my skin maybe, or Im allergic, or...I dont know.

Im going to stop it for now (and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5), wait for the redness to go away, then reintroduce Hyaluronic Acid on its own just to make sure that isnt the secret culprit). And then perhaps try again with the Vit C - maybe once a week - or once every 3 days or so and see how I go. I really want this to work because I dont want to pay $90 for a different Vit C serum to also find out I cant use it.