Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 6/16/2017 6:21:00 AM

I read quite mixed reviews about this vitamin C so I was quite nervous to try it out. The main problems seemed to be the grainy texture, burning on the skin and makeup not sitting properly or balling up on top of this.

I want to start off by saying that I love this vitamin C. I have combination skin, used to be quite acne prone but I have that under control for the most part. Here's my experience -

Because of the way some reviews described the grainy texture, I was actually expecting this to feel like a sugar scrub. It actually feels like super fine sand mixed with lotion. I don't think even that description is quite accurate because this dissolved when applied to my skin and slightly rubbed in, but it didn't feel harsh, like I was exfoliating with sand. I understand the reasons that they have this vitamin C in suspension form, so am happy to use it this way.

I had no issues with burning. I did feel a slight heating up on my face, but no tingling. I have used vitamin C products, retinol and chemical exfoliatants so maybe my skin is accustomed. I used to have sensitive skin so was expecting major burning, but this was a pleasant experience.

As for makeup, I let the vitamin C sit for about 2 minutes before applying the silicone primer by the Ordinary. The I used my loreal infallible makeup. I didn't notice any balling up at all. I also love the way the makeup looked over that primer.

As for the product performance, I have noticed an overall brightening of my skin and more even tone overall. I'm hoping that it helps to fade some of my older pigmentation but time will tell.

Will definitely be repurchasing this product and i'm extremely happy overall.

on 6/12/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used vitamin-c and retin-a for a year, so I know how to use these properly and safely. I decided to try the ordinary 23% vit c. Should have washed it off when the BURNING sensation started but I thought I'd endure it as it would surely subside. It didn't. Finally washed it off but the damage was done. Chemical burns--very bad on jawline, chin and cheek areas. Be careful and if it seriously stings or burns, rinse thoroughly and wash it off! It's been almost two months and I'm still dealing with dry, peeling skin, itching, and rough, ugly skin texture in areas. Only using cerave cleanser for dry skin and food grade coconut oil to cleanse, and for moisturizing a 2% colloidal oatmeal cream by skintastic, Avene thermal water spray, and a b5 serum from timeless skincare. I hope the day will come that I can get back to my original regime. It was working. I shouldn't have tried the 23% vitamin c!

on 6/10/2017 3:45:00 AM

This is a HG for me. After only a few uses removed my pigmentations. My skin looks very young, healthy and glowy. This is an amazing product at a ridiculous price. I Love this stuff! Thank you so much DECIEM

on 5/31/2017 1:31:00 PM

I've just checked this suspension on COSDNA web page and found out that one of its ingredients is Ethylhexyl Palmitate, a highly comedogenic solvent - graded 4 in the scale from 1 to 5. It's also an irritant - graded 1 in the scale from 1 to 5. I won't be buying this product since most people are doomed to break out with the comedogenic ingredient listed at the 7th place, which means that there's too much of it in Vitamin C suspension.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

To use this product you need to give breakouts a month. Skin is not ready for such an aggressive vitamin C. After your skin got used to it product works perfectly

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best products I ever used. It reduces some acne, pigmentation, makes skin look lighter and healthier.

on 5/30/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my first time using Vitamin C.

PROS: I feel like it does make my skin brighter, in a short time I feel like it did something new. Pretty much every serum I use works well for me though, my skin just likes serums.

CONS: This is a nighttime only product because it's so OILY. It's not bad when you first apply it or spread it, but it sits on my skin and doesn't really absorb or go anywhere. I'm not really sure how well things can absorb over this. I wish this was a drier product, like if they removed the Hyaluronic Acid for instance. The price is also nice, but you get only 1oz of product.

OTHER: The grittiness and stinging factor were almost non-existent for me. The grittiness is caused by applying it to a dry face or a face that is completely devoid of other products before it and I would go so far to say it's incorrect to use it that way. This is a water free suspension so the crystals stay jagged and gritty if you apply it to a dry face and you may feel them. Apply it a damp face so they dissolve and the squalane locks some moisture in. Really, the grittiness is mostly a factor when laying and if your skin is dry. And for the stinging, I actually wanted it to produce more of a reaction on my skin. Most times I feel nothing, or if it does sting, it's on small areas and for like 2 seconds or less. With a lot of the other reviews I read, I have to wonder, "How compromised is your skin's barrier? Have you been exfoliating too much?" Those are the only circumstances this will sting when applied, but even then it's not that much.

OVERALL: I may repurchase this simply due to the price. Being a night only product, I don't mind the texture too much but it does stick out as a con. Next time, I'm going to try a one of the Ordinary's retinoids to see how that compares.

I found the smell unbearable and I just couldn't wear this cream. It made my eyes sting and water and the product wasn't anywhere near them. I was hoping because it was in a cream base it would make this Vitamin C product bearable but unfortunately no.

I can't comment on the treatment value and what it does for your skin because I couldn't wear it long enough.

I love most of The Ordinary skin treatments and use about six in my skin regime, unfortunately this is not one of them.

on 5/25/2017 8:01:00 AM

This is not my first experience with Vitamin C serums, although this is on the higher % end of the spectrum I previously used. I used this for a few nights and experienced terrible chemical burns around my nose and beneath my eyes. The grittiness and oily texture just made this an uncomfortable product to use, let alone that it burned my skin off. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying something else. I heard someone else say they use this as a mask and wash it off after a few minutes, which might be a way to just use it up instead of tossing it, but I think I'll use it on my hands at night instead.

on 5/28/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible smell and bad breakouts. I think this is complete hype.. Definitely a pass for me. Will not buy again