Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I wasn't that big of a fan of the other urban decay bb cream so I was hesitant to try this one, but youtube gave such good reviews that I found myself convinced that I needed it. I love the pump packaging, although with tubes, it's OK with me if it's not there. I have the shade medium light, and it is slightly too light for my summer skin tone, but medium is too dark so this will have to do. I like how this cream feels on the skin, a really light, airy feel, and this lasts a lot longer than the other one, the other one seemed to slide off my skin when I would wear it outdoors. the coverage is light, because it is a tinted moisturizer, so if you find that you need more, you can use this as a primer or use concealer over this. $34 for 1.3 oz is acceptable to me for a high end product

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was so glad when I got a sample of the product to try when I visited the UD booth. She gave me LIGHT. I wasnt so sure as to whether that colour would be good for me as I am not fair/light, yes a bit light medium in the winter & tan in the summer. But when I mix it with the UD foundation, it gives a good texture, colour and staying power. I have to admit that I dont like the UD foundation, it oxides on me! It has like 5-6 staying powers! When it oxides in a real light, my face looks darker than my neck! But when I go into the store, the lightning is different so one cannot see the different colour! urghhhh.... it irritates me. I wanted to get 1 - 2 colour lighter but I rather use my money on getting a new foundation than getting the same brand until I discovered the BB cream.
Its not buidable but a good base. It blends well with other foundation too. The BB cream lighten my UD foundation, so its perfect.
I loved wearing BB cream in the summer, something light, some coverage ( I still wear a concealer on top) and not heavy on th face :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is ideal if you're looking for something very sheer and to even out skintone only - it looks very natural. This is definitely "no-makeup" makeup. This doesn't provide enough coverage for blemishes or undereye circles. I have combination skin that is easily dehydrated, and on me it has a satin/almost matte finish. However, I have only worn this so far in warmer months - I suspect in the winter it may be too drying. It hasn't clung to dry patches and I haven't noticed much separation in my oily areas. I've also found that with my skin at least, it cooperates better with a creamier primer vs a drier, silicone primer. It wears on me for about 8 hours.

UD makes many extravagant claims about this product that of course are hard to swallow - first and foremost, this is makeup, not skincare.

I'm NC25-NC30; Punjab in NARS Sheer Glow; 4.0 in UD Naked Skin; 21 in Diorskin Star; Light-Medium in Tarte Amazonian Clay TM. I bought this in Light-Medium as well, and it's a hair too light, but definitely workable.

on 6/25/2016 11:05:00 PM

This is a lot more matte than what I thought it would be. Like all the other reviews on here has indicated, its more pigmented than the Naked Foundation and the sunscreen is a nice addition. I prefer the finish of the naked foundation better since its not as harsh, this absorbs really quickly and leaves a dull finish so make sure you work quickly. The finish makes me look too flat and I think you can do better for the price. Its an acceptable product but nothing special and you are not missing by not trying it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros:
-It isn't oily at all
-the colour range is really good
-I have medium light and it blends beautifully, it is easy to work with this "bb" cream

Cos:
-the coverage isn't that great I mean it's not bad but it could be improved.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Although my skin tone is a bit uneven, this still works decently well. Coverage isn't excellent so I still have to wear a concealer when applying this. I bought thinking that this is a primer but it turns out to be an everyday look. I will rebuy

on 6/20/2016 1:40:00 PM

This was a good buy for me. I decided to get it after reading the below review about its pore-minimizing properties, so thank you! First of all, the packaging is brilliant. It's a tube with a pump and attractive to boot. This is basically a tinted primer, but I find the light tint combined with the blurring and whatnot is amazing - it reminds me of my Paula's Choice sunscreen but available in a store. So yeah, it's extremely sheer but with the extra stuff in it I can get away with wearing just this for a suuuuuper natural look, but under heavier makeup it provides an extra boost for a flawless base. It does a good job smoothing out pores and provides light oil control and SPF 20. Plus it has 6 shades and you can fudge it a little since it's so sheer. They were OOS of Medium so I got Light Medium and it still looks great.

If you're wondering why get this instead of a tinted moisturizer, for me the reason is that this actually stays on my face and it blurs.

It hasn't broken me out, hasn't oxidized on me, it's $34, and I love it.

on 6/15/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: I originally said that the coverage was too light for me to use as a foundation alone. Being summertime, I now have a little bit of a tan and this product works really nicely for a quick, light look. I can put it on along with just mascara and it's enough for something quick like a trip to the supermarket.

I should start by saying that I did not like this as a foundation alone - the coverage wasn't enough for me - but please please read on if you've got large pores or wrinkles. I promise it's worth it.

I had watched a YouTube video where the lady used it essentially as a primer. Just one pump and concentrated on the areas with large pores and wrinkles - MAGIC - and I have tried countless pore minimizing products, tricks, spells, rain dances ....

I got a sample at Sephora and gave it a try.

I put it on the areas with large pores, wrinkles, and any acne scars or little indentations; wait a couple of minutes and follow up with my Estee Lauder Double Wear light, applying that with more of a dabbing motion like with a beauty blender or nice brush and voila! Even topped over that with concealer on the undereye area and that sort of V below the eye alongside the nose, again working it in with a sort of dabbing/stippling motion - still no pores. Very light dusting of translucent powder to set before moving on to contouring, blush, etc. and it still looks amazing.

Absolutely amazing. Even hours later, even when you look at it in the car mirror (which can be downright terrifying - who hasn't done that and bolted back inside to start from scratch?), under different lighting, you name it. And it is not so heavy that you look like some caked-on, over-made, speckled Barbie wannabes. I find I'm ending up with a medium, flawless, smooth, and actually effortless look.

I'm just going to get a trial or travel size because you really don't use much and I don't want a big tube starting to dry or spoil, but I am seriously talking Holy Grail Pore Management here. I don't really care what it costs.

on 6/12/2016 7:00:00 AM

I think this is a must face product for the summer and definitely for anyone wanting light coverage with a glow. And please note it isn't very buildable, so it's really for a natural look, but with a very nice coverage after one application. I have very dark undereye circles and you definitely need a concealer with this if you have the same issue. I also have rosacea (cheeks & nose) and it covered it not to badly after one application and with a spot-dab effect, it did cover my cheeks and partially my nose (so again, conceal.) I'm combination skin, NC40-42 (but I'm less orangy), near perfect match is YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint BD60 (spring), Lancôme Teint Visionnaire 045 (summer), Urban Decay Naked Skin 6.0 (winter), Natasha Denona Face Glow 42 (winter to spring,and must try!) is also a great match for me. I hope this helps with your color selection. I purchased this product in medium. Medium dark would work after a tan (or if you have a tad more golden/orange need.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been trying very hard to love this but I really think it's not meant to be. For the record, my skin is pretty weird; dehydrated, with a dry t-zone from acne medication that gets oily/sweaty pretty easily in the crazy-humid and hot climate here. My skin is also sensitive. I'm a light-medium warm leaning neutral, and Medium-Light was a great shade match. Medium was very orange on me.

Pros:
- Didn't break me out for the 2 days I used it.
- Pore-blurring was effective, especially on my enlarged pores along my nose and the side of it near my cheeks.
- The concept of the packaging was nice, and looked the price.
- Coverage was ok, with a little oil control.

Cons:
- Did not play well with dryness on my nose. Emphasised flakes, even after exfoliation.
- Poor dispenser took many pumps to dispense the product, just wasn't consistent
- For a tinted moisturiser aimed at getting you summer-ready, the low SPF20 doesn't really make it a one and done deal. You probably need a real sunscreen to augment it.
- Unusual smell, very paint-like. Smells exactly like Snazaroo's Clown White face paint. Goes away after a while though.

My opinion: I've tried better tinted moisturisers (DayWear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit BB Creme SPF 35, Ettusais Mineral BB Cream) and would have returned it if I could.