Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 10/12/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is so great. Does not clump, but makes brows smooth and glossy. So easy to use. I am old, so really appreciate the ease of use.

on 10/6/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Great price and perfect packaging but not a huge fan of the results. To be fair, I've never filled my eyebrows in before this product. But I think it looks a pinch too artificial and dark. I think it's silly they advertise this as shaping AND filling in at the same time. Great for filling, but you'll definitely have to go back through with your trusty eyebrow brush to blend the lines out.

on 9/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does not work well on thin sparse brows. I will stick with pencil...

on 10/1/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I definitely bought into the hype on this one, and sadly, the product didn't live up to it. I sort of expected it to replace the need for pencil or powder (let's be honest, like with all their products, they made it seem like Boy Brow is all you need to groom your brows, providing color and hold), but unless you have relatively full and/or dense brows to begin with, you'll need more help than Boy Brow can give you. I still need to go in with my pencil to fill in sparse spots.

I also think the packaging is awful. The brush holds faaaaar too much product! I spend too much time scraping the excess off to only end up so underwhelmed by what it does for my brows. I don't have patience for it.

My brows are dark to begin with, so I can't speak much to the tint. The product does seem to thicken up the tails of my brows where they thin out a bit. I enjoy the texture, it doesn't feel dry or stiff, nor does it flake over time.

Overall, it's an extra step in my makeup routine with underwhelming results, so I tend to skip it altogether. Which makes me a little mad, because I paid good money for that tiny tube.

on 9/13/2016 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i don't think its a coincidence that i've broken out around my eyebrows EVERY time i give this another try... who even breaks out around their eyebrows. very weird. (nothing else in my routine was changed).

on 9/20/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyebrow product. I'll never go back to Benefit or Anastasia again.

It LASTS AND LASTS. I have greasy skin and makeup never stays on my skin for more than a few hours. This stuff legitimately lasts for 16 hours. Doesn't smear, either.

It's kind of waxy, which I like, because it holds hairs in place.

Other eyebrow products have often made me break out in the eyebrows area (I have super acne-prone skin). I don't notice an increase in breakouts with this product.

Rest of Glossier's products are super underwhelming and seemingly basic, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Not much else to say here—I just love it and see no reason to continue searching for the perfect brow product. Seriously, it lasts sooooo long.

on 8/21/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Meh. This may work great if you have full brows, but if you have any sparseness or gaps, forget it. I have Brown, which is a nice, natural, moderately pigmented, slightly warm shade, and the applicator is quite good, but the product just doesn't cut it for my brows. Trying to build it up doesn't work--it gets clumpy, like mascara. I think that the problem is as much my brows being inappropriate for this type of product than the product itself. I will nor repurchase.

on 8/17/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love boy brow in black. Really builds up my sparse eyebrows in a natural way. I used to use various browns from Anastasia (pencils and powder), but this has a big impact with little effort. I do use a clean spoolie to brush throughafter using. It remains flexible, not flakey, which is great. Black looks natural, not too stark on me. Definitely enhances a bare faced look.

on 8/3/2016 9:05:00 PM

The hype is real. I don't like my brows to look too done, but clear gel doesn't give me enough oomph, and pencil doesn't look natural. The pomade-like texture of Boy Brow doesn't fade or smudge, and in Blond it gives me definition and shape without looking like makeup.

I got this in the Phase 2 set for $40 (after using the first-time purchase discount of 20%) on Glossier.com.

on 8/25/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dark brown/black cool-toned brows and I use Boy Brow in Brown. I was thinking I'd need it in black, since my brows are so dark (and the rest of my coloring is high contrast -- nw15 skin and black hair) but this color is actually very dark. It looks medium brown on the spoolie but on my brows, it's straight-up black. In fact, it's maybe too dark! I'm thinking of getting the lightest color (I think there's only 3 colors) next time.

Normally I have to use the darkest of eyebrow shades but yet here I am, thinking I need the lightest for Boy Brow!

I think the reason why Brown looks so dark on me is because it really plumps up the hairs and coats them with a thin pomade texture. It winds up emphasizing the darkness of my brows (which is good but sometimes I glance in the mirror and think it's too much).

Because my brows are super thin (thanks, 1990s), I fill them in with a much lighter shade -- right now, it's the Shu hard pencil in stone gray (which pulls a light warm taupe on me) -- above and below my brows to thicken them slightly, then top it with Boy Brown to give it oomph. If I were to use my regular darker brow shades (e.g., Shu hard pencil in black or Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony, etc.) and topped it with Boy Brow, my brows would look way too dark.

The hold of this product is great too. Because my brows are so thin and I covet thick brows, I use every trick in the book, including brushing them up. I use Boy Brow to brush all the hairs up -- like 90 degrees, parallel to my nose. (The brow hairs on the downward slope of my brows past the arch I brush parallel to the ground toward my ears. That'd look a bit nuts if they were pointed at the ceiling!) You can check out so many cosmetic advertisements lately, like for J Crew or any makeup brand; that's how they style brows so they look feathery and extra thick. Anyway, Boy Brow keeps my hairs exactly in place, all day long, defying gravity.

Overall, an awesome brow product. A cheaper dupe (that doesn't have nearly as much hold because of course there's gotta be a trade off) is Essence's colored brow gel. But I'll still buy Boy Brow again -- but next time, in Blond!

Popular Brows Products