Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 12/23/2016 10:15:00 AM

So first things first, this tiny tube came in a GIANT box stuffed with the pink Glossier bubble pouch, a product sample, stickers, and a poster (why? what would anyone do with a poster?) in addition to the actual product. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have lower prices (or a larger tube) than all this shiz...though my daughter enjoyed decorating her toy farm with Glossier stickers.

Aside from that, I do like Boy Brow. Probably more so than most other brow products I've tried. I have full, dark brows that just need a little grooming and taming, so my needs aren't that serious. I also prefer a more natural looking brow. I got the Black shade. This has a thick waxy texture that's not too waxy, goopy, or slippery. The brush is the perfect tiny shape. It wrangles my brows into place all day with minimal effort. I'd say it does add some fullness, but the biggest benefit for me is that all day hold with no crispy texture or weird shine. The Black is indeed a nice soft black with no warm tones (glorious) - the possiblity to go overboard full on Groucho Marx is there but I think the Medium would've been too light. I just make sure to wipe off the excess before applying.

Biggest pros: actual all day hold, easy application, good shade, soft & natural looking
Biggest cons: price, size

The price wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't so much visual evidence as to where my money is actually going...the product itself is pretty great though, and I will most likely repurchase.

on 12/6/2016 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Just did a review for the Skin Tint, where I said that 2 Glossier products have now become part of my 3 to 4- product almost-no-makeup face. I've done what I could to let my over-plucked brows grow out (Shiseido serum and hiding my tweezers) but they're kind of light now, as I'm going gray. I've always been a brow person, and when I was younger and into more dramatic looks I didn't care if it showed; now I want a natural, but still strong effect. This works, it adds definition and matte volume to every hair. I started with the black (I have dark brown hair with some gray) and it was fine, but I just got the brown and I think it's better for me. The brown is not at all reddish--very important! If I'm feeling special I add a little black over the brown for depth. I also use this on my lashes after curling them and it's just right. Not complaining about the price or the size--you don't need much, it's doing the work of 2 products, and it gives me the full, defined, but natural looking brows I want. Lasts all day, comes off easily, love.

on 10/30/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is my holy grail brow product. My eyebrows are nowhere near full or dark and it's something I'm a bit self-conscious of. I always feel the need to fill in my brows before I leave the house to make myself feel a bit more confident, and I hate feeling that way. But I digress. It used to take brow powder, brow gel/pomade, and/or brow pencils to get my eyebrows how I want. Now I can just quickly swipe them with Glossier's Boy Brow and no lie, no exaggeration, it's all I need. Boy Brow yields a natural and full brow look for me. It amazes me how this product can volumize the crap out of my sparse brows without needing to use another product in conjunction with it. I have one con, but it's not severe enough for me to stop using this. I find that brush gets really clumpy during the first several uses. I always have to wipe off the excess product on the tube because if I don't then I'll overdo it and have to brush away the excess, which pretty much means I'm wasting product. All in all, I love it. I'm on my second tube and on my way to purchasing a third. I have black-brown hair and I use the color black.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mine in black.

PROS:
- keeps your brows feeling like hair, not like other brow gels that leave them crunchy
- the shade is ashy
- nice small brush for precise application

CONS:
- expensive!!! esp. to ship to Australia

a little background: i don't prefer the super arched and super dense brows; if that's what you're looking for you're probably better off with the benefit gimme brow :-)
i like using this! at first the product is a little clumpy on the wand but that can be resolved very easily. the wand itself is small but can def brush through a lot of hairs so that's pretty neat.
i don't know how to describe it other than your brows looking better and real. on the days where my brows just don't know what to do this sets them back in place and life is all good. i do smear the product into my brows if i feel like they're just sitting on the hairs but that's really it.
i use black and sometimes it's a little cool toned? but it's not really noticeable, i promise!! (can't speak for other colors though)
no smell! that's it. totally worth buying if you don't pile the product on (again, it makes your brows look real). :-)

on 10/12/2016 8:14:00 PM

So I did a little experiment to get the most natural brow look. I don't like the dense, drawn on brow look. However my brows are somewhat sparse and I need some help filling them in. Ok, so I compared this product to L'Oreal's brow plumper. I actually found that the two products were comparable at first. I didn't see a difference in pigment or coverage. Both defined and sculpted my brows nicely. However, after I wore the Glossier product on one brow and the L'Oreal product on the other brow for a whole day, I found that the Glossier Boy Brow had more staying power. The L'Oreal product felt crunchy and flaky after a full day's wear. Boy Brow didn't budge and felt natural to somewhat waxy. I will stay with the Boy Brow product and use it daily. I will check in to see how long the small tube lasts.

on 9/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does not work well on thin sparse brows. I will stick with pencil...

on 10/1/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I definitely bought into the hype on this one, and sadly, the product didn't live up to it. I sort of expected it to replace the need for pencil or powder (let's be honest, like with all their products, they made it seem like Boy Brow is all you need to groom your brows, providing color and hold), but unless you have relatively full and/or dense brows to begin with, you'll need more help than Boy Brow can give you. I still need to go in with my pencil to fill in sparse spots.

I also think the packaging is awful. The brush holds faaaaar too much product! I spend too much time scraping the excess off to only end up so underwhelmed by what it does for my brows. I don't have patience for it.

My brows are dark to begin with, so I can't speak much to the tint. The product does seem to thicken up the tails of my brows where they thin out a bit. I enjoy the texture, it doesn't feel dry or stiff, nor does it flake over time.

Overall, it's an extra step in my makeup routine with underwhelming results, so I tend to skip it altogether. Which makes me a little mad, because I paid good money for that tiny tube.

on 10/6/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Great price and perfect packaging but not a huge fan of the results. To be fair, I've never filled my eyebrows in before this product. But I think it looks a pinch too artificial and dark. I think it's silly they advertise this as shaping AND filling in at the same time. Great for filling, but you'll definitely have to go back through with your trusty eyebrow brush to blend the lines out.

on 10/12/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is so great. Does not clump, but makes brows smooth and glossy. So easy to use. I am old, so really appreciate the ease of use.

Popular Brows Products