Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

on 12/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

I held off on purchasing this for awhile. It wasn't until I bought Visearts Paris Nudes palette did I know I needed a good matte palette. I have just recently finally started using mattes so I do not have a lot. Especially neutrals because I love colour but these shadows go so well with the Viseart one I'm just loving the look of mattes together with some shimmer. This palette is great because I can do full looks with it or use it with other palettes which, is what I like to do. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I like how this has the quads of neutral, cool, and warm. To me the neutral and cool shades are my most used. Especially laetus, Samuel, and lazarus which is my favorite shade in the palette.

Lazarus is a fantastic shade for contouring my crease. Being fair these shades all work well nothing too stark or muddy. I don't know why I waited to get this?!? Truley a superb set of shadows that are very silky and easy to apply. I do find they kick up a little powder but it's certainly not a deal breaker and I think it's because the shadows are so soft and buttery. Even though this palette has some warm shades and me being cool toned has not been a problem this is a really well made product. I hope KVD makes a more cooler toned one that I would buy as well. But I am very happy with this and I love using it with Visearts Paris Nudes. It really can go with anything or on its own it's a stellar palette! Recommended.

on 12/10/2016 3:22:00 PM

This was the first "high end" eyeshadow palette I ever got my hands on. I was so used to playing with drugstore eyeshadows, and I friend gifted this to me. If you are looking for a matte palette, go with this one. It's so versatile: I use the banana shade, "Ludwin" to set/brighten my under eyes with a very light hand, and the grey shade , "Lazarus" to carve out my cheekbones. I was a beginner with makeup when I started to use this makeup, they are buttery and so so so blendable. The palette is broken up into 3 groups and a tutorial actually comes with the palette, which makes it fool proof.
I pair this with the Kat Von D tattoo liner in trooper, or you can wet your brush and use any of the darker or "defining" shades as a liner.
My favourite shade is Lucious.
If you want to buy one higher end matte palette, this should be your top contender. You can use it everyday, work or play. The colours are pigmented and buttery.
You won't regret it.

on 12/9/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I only bought this because I had a coupon to use, but boy am I glad I picked it up! I always wear frost shadows on my lid, so was apprehensive about getting this all matte palette. However they blend so beautifully and the color you see in the pan is what is transferred to your lid. I have tried every shadow in the palette now and the only one that I found was kinda chalky was the pure white one. I had some fall out on my cheek. All of these colors work on my NC25-30 skintone. I would definitely pay full price for this item!

on 12/3/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is amazing! All the shades are matte so if you are not in to mattes then this wouldn't be for you. All the eye shadows blend flawlessly and are super pigmented. This palette will suit loads of different eye colours and skin tones as it has warm, cool and neutral toned eye shadows. I've never used eye shadows that blend so well and you will have an eyelook together in minutes as they are so easy to use. This palette can be used for natural day time looks and also for dramatic night time looks.

on 12/3/2016 2:04:00 AM

All the necessary must have colours in one palette, def a staple item to have!

I had high hopes for this. I am at pan with my Viseart and the KVD is cheaper but has most of the colors I needed. Plus I love my KVD contour palette. Sadly - this shadow does not touch the Viseart. It's chalky, fallout sucks and the payload is not that great. Makes me sad. I like the packaging - and the price was right. So I'm returning it and sucking it up to replace my Viseart.

on 11/24/2016 1:23:00 AM

Love love love Kay Von D this pallet has everything you could possibly need so many looks and the pigmentation perfection highly recommend

on 11/23/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love nude/neutral colours so this was definitely a must have. I am still getting used to applying it according to the instructions but i am slowly getting better. Amazing colour selection, beautiful classy packaging. A must have for 'eye contour' fans.

on 11/15/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had a drawer full of shimmer & metallic eyeshadows that went mostly unused for a long while because I had very few mattes for crease/transition shades to use along with them. I decided to do something about it and buy this all-matte palette. Am I ever glad I did, holy moly.

The shades are put into 3 quads - neutral, cool, and warm - each containing 1 base shade, 1 contour, 1 define, and 1 highlight shade. The shades are very versatile, so now I can use pretty much every single shimmer shadow I own. Problem solved! I also find that you can mix and match from each quad without the colours clashing.
One thing I absolutely LOVE is that they actually used a much larger pan for the base colours! So there will be no hitting pan on those shades first while all the other shades are mostly full. I hate when that happens, so I am very pleased about this!
The formula is very blendable and I did not notice any kick-up or fallout. Super long-wearing with my usual primers. Pigmentation is most definitely there. It's weird because it shows up so intensely on my lid even though the swatches on my inner arm looked average. I was super surprised by how fantastic the pigment is on the lid.

The packaging is gorgeous and the mirror is perfect. I can see my whole face in it at a comfortable distance. Stays closed nice and securely. Feels sturdy, like I wouldn't be afraid to travel with it. Seriously though, it's so beautiful and looks awesome on my vanity.

Price is on par with most other palettes I own. A small investment but well worth it. I'm gonna get so much use out of this. If i could give it 10 lippies I would!

on 11/12/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The palette itself is laid out in a user-friendly manner, with three functional "quads" - one more neutral, one cooler, one warmer. You can mix and match across the board, but the way the shades are arranged makes the palette very accessible for a makeup newbie trying to build a cohesive eye look.
The shades are matte, with the three palest having an incredibly subtle satin finish, barely perceptible as a sheen once applied.
These strike a near-perfect balance between smooth and dense. I had no issues getting these eye shadows to do what I wanted them to do. Haze out a soft transition... Easy. Build up a serious smokey eye... No problem. Deepen a crease with perfect accuracy, or soften the edge of a winged eyeliner... Done and done.

Popular Palettes