Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 9/1/2017 9:05:00 AM

Love the color. Stays matte. But clings to dry patches like crazyyyy. Makes my skin look super dry because of that :(

Love this! Went over my skin beautifully, stayed on for a good long time. I did have to touch up with some blotting sheets after 4-5 hours, and it doesn't go over well on a few dry patches, but still pretty fantastic! I wish it came in paler shades since I'm super pale. I have to mix it with a paler concealer to get the right shade. Other than that, awesome!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought 362 truffle and 368 and they BOTH had a grey undertone. I am so disappointed in this foundation because I heard so much about it. Check out my full review here

(YouTube: Mary LeMuse)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This provides great coverage with just one layer. Another can be added for full coverage. I'm quite fair-skinned and found that there are many suitable shades in this range for someone with lighter skin. Deeper complexions may have more difficulty finding a shade match.This lasts all day without breaking down at all and keeps me matte despite my oily skin. Highly recommended and it's a great price to boot!

on 8/27/2017 4:14:00 PM

After reading rave reviews I decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy this foundation, we don't get the fancy bottle in the U.K we get the cheap tube instead.
It's a very runny foundation and my shade is natural tan which I thought would be a good match, it pulls very orange on me and doesn't have any coverage, my dark circles and redness were stil peaking through after one layer, I did try and build this up age got a medium coverage but because it pulls orange I run the risk of looking like a tangerine.
It's a average foundation nothing to scream about, the finish is a natural i wouldn't describe it as matte more of a satin matte very skin like.

I think if they had a better colour range I would much prefer this foundation as it's just a struggle to match it to my skin tone and I definitely think it oxidises a bit. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish and has quite a good medium coverage, considering I've used half the bottle I'd say it's a pretty decent product.

on 8/18/2017 2:51:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because it's talked about quite a lot on YouTube and it's so cheap. But alas even though it says it was meant for oilier skin types, I did not find this to suit my combo-oily skin.

It looks really nice when initially applied - it's a light-medium coverage and I wouldn't say it's super matte, it's more of a semi-matte finish as you can still see some shine on the foundation even after it has dried. However, the thing I dislike the most is that it emphasises EVERY bit of texture on my face, even with a primer underneath. I don't have super textured skin but this just sinks into my pores, clings to the dry patches on my nose, cakes up around my nose and makes the laugh lines around my mouth look really obvious (and given that I'm only 23 that's saying something). The lasting power is really disappointing as I find that this just melts off my face after around 3 hours even with a primer and setting spray.

If you're very oily-skinned and looking for something longwearing, I wouldn't recommend this. I have to mix this with some hyaluronic acid so that it doesn't look so weird on my skin and lasts longer (don't ask me why this works, it just does!). As a standalone product however, I don't think it does what it claims to do other than have an excellent shade range. This might work for you if you have normal skin or are only SLIGHTLY oily, and want an everyday matte foundation from the drugstore - otherwise I think there are a lot of better options out there, even if you have to pay a little more for it.

I've used this foundation for the last two years and I'll no longer be using it. When I first bought it I thought it'd be a really good foundation for a great price but after buying it in different finishes and colors it's left me disappointed. The color really gets orangey and oily as the day goes on and it leaves my skin feeling slimy no matter what products I use under and on top of it. If you're looking for a light coverage this is the foundation for you! But if you have acne prone skin and it's oily I wouldn't recommend. Overall I'm not going to be buying it again but it's great for lightwear. When applied with a foundation brush it gets streaky, when applied with a silicone sponge it is also streaky and unever, but when applied with a regular makeup sponge or beauty blender it leaves the nicest finish out of all the other options. If the product was more buildable and didn't oxide as bad I would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.

on 8/12/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. but i mostly hate it.
I use this product mainly because it doesn't make me break out and i have acne-prone & sensitive skin. It separates and cakes up around my nose, chin, and under my eyes after about 8 hours. The coverage is light to medium, you can still see my acne and freckles when i have it on. It doesn't completely mattify, you do need a powder. It also oxidizes. I have super pale skin so this is an issue. I have very oily skin too, and it doesn't stay matte. I will have to powder my nose a couple hours after applying. This foundation just sucks.