Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

The color selection is amazing, but the formula is so drying! It´s hard to blend!

on 2/9/2016 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!
Honestly, I was debating buying this for so long because I bought the first naked palette only a month previously to getting this and am working on filling up my own Mac pro palette as wel, so I didn't feel like I needed more eyeshadow for a while. Also the fact that it quite hard to get hold of Tarte where I live ( the UK in case anyone was wondering), but I found this on QVC online and finally decided to buy it after much deliberation.

I bought this because of the fact that they are all matte because most of the other shadows I own are a shimmer finish. And as my first Tarte purchase I wasn't disappointed. I will agree with other users that these shadows are a bit dry but for me that doesn't take away from the pigmentation and blendiblity. I personally think that the shade range in this palette is lovely. I love that I can do such a variety of looks as well, both everyday and more dramatic looks. I can use the whole palette for one look, or use one or two among others. I have worn this palette one way or another every day that I've worn makeup, I think its pretty versatile I also think that the shades suit my skin tone well too.

The mirror is a really decent size and the way the palette is displayed is really aesthetically pleasing too. I also like that it is smaller size compared to other palettes.

I am looking forward to trying other products that Tarte has to offer because this is so good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a solid matte palette. I think the question people should ask when thinking about buying this is - do I WANT a palette that's entirely mattes? If you enjoy any of the UD Nakeds, this may be a little different for you just because it lacks the shimmer shades that the UD ones have. Personally, I love using this palette while traveling. It's small and compact, plus it is built solidly and has a large, beautiful mirror. I can fit this into a small makeup bag, and I usually throw in one shimmery single with it (ex. Mac Jest, L'Oreal Amber Rush, or CoverGirl's Mink). I can get a variety of looks with those two items so I'm set for a week+ long trip. As far as the shades themselves, I love the variety of mattes you get here, whether used with a neutral shimmer shade or if I use them on their own. I find that using them on their own gives a very eye enlarging look for me because I can blend them up into the brow bone, very easily getting them to blend into nothing. The shades are well organized - the first is a warm brown-based row, the second a cool purples row, and then a more neutral row which includes taupey shades and a great matte black which, bonus, you could use as eyeliner while traveling. Overall I would purchase this again, the shadows are soft and buttery, and again, if I want my eyes to look huge, I grab this palette. I think it's a great value as well, and if you're someone that would miss shimmer, maybe check out the sequel to this palette, Tartelette In Bloom. That one includes shimmer and the mattes probably follow the (amazing) formula in this. I recommend this highly for matte lovers and even for people who want to branch out. All 12 shades in this palette are beautiful and there are no duds. Would buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually bought this as a gift for my mum and helped her apply it and ended up playing with it myself. The colours are lovely, there's no denying, and the packaging is great, if a little hard to get open- but that might ease as the packaging wears. The giant mirror is really nice, but for the price I paid, I'd BETTER get a mirror. The shadows themselves, I was a little underwhelmed with. They're very dry and I had a hell of a time trying to blend them out properly and build up a non-patchy coverage with some of them. The darker colours have great pigmentation, but the lighter ones really leave something to be desired. The colour range though is great. I personally adore matte palettes, but most of mine are quite neutral, so the variation was nice. However, quality wise, Kat Von D's Shade and Light is much better as is the Naked Basics line. Shade and Light is only a dollar more than this palette, so I'd say if you're not looking for the colours included here, go for that instead.

on 1/29/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I ordered this because I'd heard good reviews on it. Looking at swatches online, to be honest, I didn't think I'd use this *that* much. However, this has now replaced my usual Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes as an everyday palette. Surprisingly, this has become my favorite palette in my collection!

Packaging, whilst plastic, is very sturdy and travel friendly. The huge mirror is a great addition. Price wise it's not very cheap (around £34 in the UK) but I think the quality is comparable to my UD and TF palettes so worth it.

I'm a neutral NC20 with green eyes and the shades are so flattering. I love matte shadows (only use shimmer for my inner corner highlight) so an all matte palette is right up my alley. The highlight shades barely show up on my skin tone because I'm pretty fair, but they are not chalky. My favourite shades are Force of Nature (nude light brown), Natural Beauty (a pink-mauve brown),Wanderer (light slightly camel brown), Caregiver (soft pink) and Best Friend (mid-toned purple). The dark Browns are also really nice...because I'm fair a lot of Browns tend to look too harsh for daytime but these are fine.

I find the shadows to be pigmented, blend easily and last all day on my lids ontop of eye primer. I like that the palette is pretty neutral, neither too warm nor too cool. My go to everyday look is supermom as a brow highlight, force of nature in the crease and lightly washed onto the lid, a little natural beauty to deepen the crease, best friend on the outer v, and multi-tasker on the lower lash line. I then use MAC vanilla pigment as an inner corner highlight. Perfect everyday neutral eye.

I do not usually post reviews here but this was worth writing a review. I am an eyeshadow pallet junkie but this one I have to say is a holy grail for me. I reach for this every morning. If you a girl on the go and like your make up classy and not into the shimmery looks that are more for night then this is the pallet for you. You can create so many looks with this pallete that is corporate friendly. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 1/15/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This shadow applies smoothly, blends easily and stays where I put it all day. The colors are highly pigmented. My newest brilliant discovery. Will keep purchasing this product.

on 1/12/2016 11:59:00 PM

Not my favorite palette from Tarte, the all matte palette is just unbelievably chalky. It takes way too long and way too much work to blend these out. I'd say skip this palette.

on 1/9/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I kept putting off buying this palette because after switching it on my arm, I was convinced the colors were too cool toned. I ordered some warm Mac and MUG singles in some of the basic matte transition shades but felt like they pulled more orange on me than I wanted for every single look.

Enter this palette: I ordered this in November during the VIB sale and have not put it down since. This is a palette full of perfect neutral shades. It's what I wanted both Naked Basics palettes to be but i found them to be too ashy and cool toned for my tastes. They sort of blended into one muddy color no matter how I used them. I have all three Naked palettes as well and Tartelette works with them in perfect harmony. I think I'll get more use of my Naked palettes now that I have transition colors that work with all three. The shadows are pigmented and blend out smoothly. I wear this palette alone during the work week with winged liner most of the time.

This would be an ideal beginner palette for someone who didn't have any transition shades and wasn't sure where to start as well as an accompaniment for any palette with too much glitter and not enough mattes.

on 1/11/2016 6:39:00 PM

I am obsessed with this palette! I was very unsure about buying it just because it is ALL matte, with no shimmery shades at all. I usually don't wear all matte looks, just because I like a little shimmer on my eyes, but this palette has changed my view on it.

The packaging is awesome, to start with. It closes and opens easily and I like that I can travel with the palette because it has a snap close. It also has a huge mirror on the inside of the palette, which most palettes don't have and I love that it does!

I am a fair skinned person and I usually don't use darker shades on my eyes, just because sometimes they look odd against my light skin. All the shades in this palette look wonderful on my skin. There are warmer shades and cooler shades, which is awesome because I like using both tones when doing my eyes. They are super pigmented and blend so easily. I was afraid they wouldn't blend but they do so so well!

This is totally worth the splurge. I create matte looks from the palette and I also use them with shimmer shades from other palettes and what not. I would definitely recommend this for sure, and am even going to buy the 2nd tartelette palette, because I love this one so much!