Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

on 1/29/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I ordered this because I'd heard good reviews on it. Looking at swatches online, to be honest, I didn't think I'd use this *that* much. However, this has now replaced my usual Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes as an everyday palette. Surprisingly, this has become my favorite palette in my collection!

Packaging, whilst plastic, is very sturdy and travel friendly. The huge mirror is a great addition. Price wise it's not very cheap (around £34 in the UK) but I think the quality is comparable to my UD and TF palettes so worth it.

I'm a neutral NC20 with green eyes and the shades are so flattering. I love matte shadows (only use shimmer for my inner corner highlight) so an all matte palette is right up my alley. The highlight shades barely show up on my skin tone because I'm pretty fair, but they are not chalky. My favourite shades are Force of Nature (nude light brown), Natural Beauty (a pink-mauve brown),Wanderer (light slightly camel brown), Caregiver (soft pink) and Best Friend (mid-toned purple). The dark Browns are also really nice...because I'm fair a lot of Browns tend to look too harsh for daytime but these are fine.

I find the shadows to be pigmented, blend easily and last all day on my lids ontop of eye primer. I like that the palette is pretty neutral, neither too warm nor too cool. My go to everyday look is supermom as a brow highlight, force of nature in the crease and lightly washed onto the lid, a little natural beauty to deepen the crease, best friend on the outer v, and multi-tasker on the lower lash line. I then use MAC vanilla pigment as an inner corner highlight. Perfect everyday neutral eye.

I do not usually post reviews here but this was worth writing a review. I am an eyeshadow pallet junkie but this one I have to say is a holy grail for me. I reach for this every morning. If you a girl on the go and like your make up classy and not into the shimmery looks that are more for night then this is the pallet for you. You can create so many looks with this pallete that is corporate friendly. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 1/12/2016 11:59:00 PM

Not my favorite palette from Tarte, the all matte palette is just unbelievably chalky. It takes way too long and way too much work to blend these out. I'd say skip this palette.

on 1/15/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This shadow applies smoothly, blends easily and stays where I put it all day. The colors are highly pigmented. My newest brilliant discovery. Will keep purchasing this product.

on 1/9/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I kept putting off buying this palette because after switching it on my arm, I was convinced the colors were too cool toned. I ordered some warm Mac and MUG singles in some of the basic matte transition shades but felt like they pulled more orange on me than I wanted for every single look.

Enter this palette: I ordered this in November during the VIB sale and have not put it down since. This is a palette full of perfect neutral shades. It's what I wanted both Naked Basics palettes to be but i found them to be too ashy and cool toned for my tastes. They sort of blended into one muddy color no matter how I used them. I have all three Naked palettes as well and Tartelette works with them in perfect harmony. I think I'll get more use of my Naked palettes now that I have transition colors that work with all three. The shadows are pigmented and blend out smoothly. I wear this palette alone during the work week with winged liner most of the time.

This would be an ideal beginner palette for someone who didn't have any transition shades and wasn't sure where to start as well as an accompaniment for any palette with too much glitter and not enough mattes.

on 1/11/2016 6:39:00 PM

I am obsessed with this palette! I was very unsure about buying it just because it is ALL matte, with no shimmery shades at all. I usually don't wear all matte looks, just because I like a little shimmer on my eyes, but this palette has changed my view on it.

The packaging is awesome, to start with. It closes and opens easily and I like that I can travel with the palette because it has a snap close. It also has a huge mirror on the inside of the palette, which most palettes don't have and I love that it does!

I am a fair skinned person and I usually don't use darker shades on my eyes, just because sometimes they look odd against my light skin. All the shades in this palette look wonderful on my skin. There are warmer shades and cooler shades, which is awesome because I like using both tones when doing my eyes. They are super pigmented and blend so easily. I was afraid they wouldn't blend but they do so so well!

This is totally worth the splurge. I create matte looks from the palette and I also use them with shimmer shades from other palettes and what not. I would definitely recommend this for sure, and am even going to buy the 2nd tartelette palette, because I love this one so much!

As much as I really wanted this palette and I do really like it, I wouldn't repurchase as I didnt find the shades of colours that varied, they are just very similar for me and not much I can do with them to create several looks. The eyeshadows themselves are really pigmented and last a good amount of time. We don't have a store that sells Tarte Cosmetics in the UK so I ended up paying 50GBP for this from Amazon so wasn't worth it in my books.

on 1/3/2016 8:16:00 PM

Dopo tutte le opinioni positive ho preso questa palette. Molto difficile da reperire in Italia. Purtroppo una delusione. Gli ombretti non scrivono e non si vedono sulla palpebra. Molto sbiaditi.
Una vera delusione...

on 1/5/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL EYE SHADOW PALETTE (and that's saying a lot b/c I'm an eye shadow palette junkie!!) If you're into neutral mattes you're gonna love this! A kind of similar palette to this would be the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral #2 Palette, which I have and love, but I did get it on sale when target was going through it's liquidation for $15. It usually retails for $20USD which converts to about $28CAD and since Canada doesn't have Target any more, us Canadians would have to buy online. With shipping costs the price would be around $35CAD, which isn't too far off from the price of the Tartelette palette $54CAD. So if you're Canadian and thinking about getting this, definitely splurge and go for it! Even if you're able to get the Sonia Kashuk one for an ok price, I would still recommend the Tartelette over it anyday. The shadows are so much more buttery and smooth, while the Sonia Kashuk shadows can be a little powdery with some colours not being as pigmented as others. This palette is organized in rows from light to dark with one row being warm neutrals, the second being mauvey purples and the third being cooler neutrals. I love how it's organized and did I mention the packaging is absolutely gorgeous?? Overall, If you're into mattes and neutrals with hints of wearable purples, GO FOR IT!!!

Beautiful shadows, easy to blend, pigmented and lasts all day. I absolutely love this pallette.