Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.5

on 1/23/2016 1:26:00 PM

It have purchase the Iconic 2 pallets and Iconic 3 palletes, which are dupes of Urban Decay 2 and 3. The pigmentation in the pallets are very good, and the colors pretty much a match to the Urban Decay palletes. If you are on a bubget, these are very good pallets. I have enjoyed them and wear them often.

on 1/20/2016 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have both the Iconic 2 and 3 palettes and I love them. The pigmentation and staying power of these shadows is impressive. Not to mention they are available for a great price. I was going to purchase a Naked palette but I am so glad that I got this instead.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was intensely disappointed by this palette (Iconic 3). I'd heard so many great things about it being a good dupe for Naked 3 and that the shadows were soft and pigmented - unfortunately neither were true for me. Many of the most interesting/pretty shades (the rosy gold shades) were extremely flakey and difficult to work with, creating lots of fall out and hardly any pigmentation. I've tried to use this a couple of different ways, but continue to be disappointed by it no matter what kind of look I create. The price is good but the quality is unfortunate.

on 10/14/2015 6:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I purchased the Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette in flawless matte and I really like it. Some of the shadows are a bit powdery or chalky but most have nice pigmentation and blend easily. The shadows are quite small but you get a lot of different shades to work with. This is perfect to create a effortless everyday look when you don't wanna do anything fancy but want quickly swipe eyeshadow on. And the palette costs like 8 pounds so good value for the money! I think I could try another one as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the Iconic 3 palette after hearing rumors that it was a great dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. Urban Decay does not fit my budget, and the price point for Makeup Revolution is worth a gamble.

I was disappointed the the lighter matte shades that I thought were supposed to be similar to limit and nooner in the UD palette. The Makeup Revolution shades are much more brown/grey than I expected. They apply smoothly and are easy to blend, but the color does not duplicate the naked 3 colors.

The shimmery shades in the palette also apply well with little to no fallout, but I just don't feel that the shades match up to the UD palette as I had hoped. I am glad that I did not fork out the dough for the UD palette, because this palette has taught me that I probably won't like the rose gold themed colors on my complexion as much as I thought.

I think that this palette gives you excellent quality at a great price point. I would definitely be interested in trying other palettes from this brand. I would not call this palette a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3. My advice would be to look at this palette on its own, and decide if the colors speak to you. If so, it could be a great palette. If you are hoping for a dupe for Naked 3, just pass on this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love these eyeshadows! They are soft and pigmented! Well worth £4! Identical to the naked palette!

on 9/3/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Review for Iconic 3 and Romantic Smoked

Background:
I have the Too Faced Chocolate Bar and was really liking how Strawberry Bon Bon looked and wanted to get into more matte looks (aside from the browns that I already had) to add to the Strawberry or even for different looks, like a taupe matte eye. I looked up some Makeup Revolution palettes and the swatches looked amazing. I decided the essential mattes were too blue so I was eyeing the Romantic Smoked. But when I went to the store, I wasn't impressed with how the pigmentation looked through the window. I ended up getting a few Nyx matte shades instead.

I kept looking at the swatches though, and in the pictures online, the palette looked drab compared to the nice swatches in peoples images, so maybe they just applied better than they looked. But some swatches looked really dull and powdery. I had to know for myself, so I got the Romantic Smoked and also picked up Iconic 3, since I realllly love some of the shades I've swatched in Naked 3, but wouldn't pay that kind of money for it. *I eventually got it.*

ICONIC 3 Shades and Comparison:

1 - a white based matte neutral, really chalky, UD Strange way better, TF White Ch. even better than those.

2 - super glimmery pink shimmer (compare to UD Dust) They're not too different. Honestly neither are so finely milled.

3 - a reddish pink shimmer. This disappointed me a lot. Not at all like UD Burnout which was one of the shades I wanted. They might look similar in photos, but they aren't. This one is just basic and chunky. Burnout is FAR lighter and actually pink which matters for neutral looks.

4 - a soft taupe matte, NOTHING LIKE UD Limit!! This is the other really disappointing shade for me, I really wanted a soft PINK matte that was more taupey than my Strawberry, but this is just flat and DARK. I feel like this is the reason I bought this palette so to have it fall short is really disappointing. Again, totally changes the look when used as a lid color over Limit.

5 - a really glittery RED
6 - a really glittery gold
These two, they are not dupes color wise, way harsher and almost darker but in my opinion they are too chunky with glitter. These are shades I probably wouldn't wear in this palette so I don't pay much attention to them. They're far better in Naked.

7 - this shade is pretty much a darker shade 4, kind of like how Nooner is to Limit, but again a brown base. I actually like it in real life more than how it photographs. There's a slight rose color to this, slight. Still not pinky though.

8 - this is a brown copper shimmer, but Liar is far nicer, less bronzey/more pink.

9 AND 10 - two pretty taupe satins. I like these shades, but they didn't even TRY to make two shades. Like, I can not tell them apart. At least not without squinting and looking super close in direct sunlight. Some swatchers got them to show differently. Idk if it's just my palette but that means the consistency between palettes might not be so stringent. Both are more like Mugshot. Factory is browner (which is funny, because Iconic has a record of being the browner toned one) And it's pretty identical to the #2 from the Romantic Smoked palette as well.

11 - complete and total winner of this palette. This is a violet shifted satiny taupe. It reminds me of Jane Passionflower but the blue tones are stronger in this one. I actually PREFER it over Darkside! Better in person. The shimmer does fall away though.

12 - a *black* with pink shimmer overlay, it's not burgundy. Looks cheaper to me than Blackheart. Not a color dupe for BFT (Too Faced) either, but less fallout. The shimmer does wear off, blends greyish.

ROMANTIC SMOKED:

1 - glimmery white. Wears off quickly

2 - a rosey taupe shimmer, similar to Iconic 3 shades 9 & 10.

3 - shimmery light pink, very similar to #2 from Iconic 3

4 - a golden olive shimmer

5 - a shimmer lilac

6 - a shimmer rust red, not super dark, copper shift, but less brown than TF Amaretto

7 - a matte pink beige? this one is pretty underpigmented. If you REALLY rub you get a violet taupe that you wouldn't expect, but good luck applying that.

8 - matte clay brown, very dull. Like no one would like this color.

9 - a pretty medium matte orchid. I like this one.

10 - a weak black matte

11 - another bummer, looks aubergine in other pics, mine is a dark grey. Hard.

12 - a peach matte. It has a nice color but all the mattes in this are super hard. It is better IRL though, as it blends into my skin in pics.

Overview:

Formula wise, I'm disappointed. Half of them are pigmented well but the shimmer can hide the colors, so the finished product looks one dimensional and a bit childish. The colors could be more unique too; they take the cheap way out in making a lot of colors really similar in base color, (brown/grey) especially the Iconic 3. The glitter shades have bad fallout, the mattes can be really chalky and hard. The shimmers are finer milled in the Romantic palette, but again a bit over done. There is crease wear with these. I wouldn't call Iconic a "Dupe" for the Naked at all, it applies and looks cheaper, less bright in some ways but too dark in others, less adult. I've made nice simple looks with these but I the variety is less than it appears.

I replaced the brushes. Of course the price is great but cheap prices only excite me if the quality is worth it. I dislike having palettes if most of the colors are useless. I only *really like* about one color from each, I'm ok with a few colors but they aren't so exotic and new to me and only use them because it's easy to grab these. But I *hate* a good third of the colors. I didn't return these when I could and but now that I have Naked 3 I kind of wish I did. There are some pros. I like that I could travel with it easily and have variety and if it breaks it's no big. They're workable and affordable if you're new to makeup, but if not you probably won't like the

I brought the iconic 2 palette after hearing it was a dupe for the naked 2 palette, I am pleased to say I am very impressed with it. At £4 you can't really complain, the colours look near enough identical, the packaging is good and the pigmentation on the colours are great!! Would definitely recommend anyone to get this as you would be saving a lot of money if you were considering the naked 2 palette or even if you just want to add to your makeup collection this is great. I will probably be buying the other 2 very soon!!

on 7/7/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have gotten 3 palettes from Makeup Revolution so far - Iconic Pro 1 & 2 (dupes for the Lorac Pro palettes) and the I Heart Chocoale (dupe for Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette).
I wanted all three of the original palettes. That would have cost me $133. The three palettes from Makeup Revolution cost me $34.26 plus shipping. All three for less than the cost of one palette.
These are all beautiful. Buttery, creamy, pigmented, blend beautifully, last all day. I can't rave enough about how great the quality of these are. I know I'm not missing out at all by buying these dupes. I would absolutely recommend these to anyone looking to save some money, or just looking for some beautiful shadows in general.
I ordered from their website - paying international shipping to the United States was a little pricey but completely worth it. Now they have a small selection available at Ulta, at least online - I don't know if these are in store as well. Hopefully they will expand their collection and be more easily available in the states. However, shipping from their website was quick and the products came wrapped well and protected.
Highly highly recommend. I adore this company!!

on 6/5/2015 8:54:00 PM

This review is for the Makeup Revolution Awesome 100 Palette.I just adore it.The shadows are just amazing and I paid only 8 pounds of it since it was on sale.Shadows are surprisingly pigmented and true to color.The palette has beautiful colors and shades,there are lots of colorful shades and also a lot of natural and shiny ones,nudes and smokes.You can create beautiful looks with this palette and now it costs 12 pounds.It's one of my Top 5 shadow palettes.A word about the other palettes,they're also amazing.Iconic Pro palettes = wonderful. I recommend with bottom of my heart :)