J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible perfume, reminds me of two dollar hand wash and smells extremely soapy.
The perfume is also very heavy and it just really isn't for me.

on 5/10/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Glow! This is the only perfume I've ever worn at work that made a *male* coworker stop in his tracks and ask what it was.

He was passing through my work area -- stopped, looked around, asked what that perfume was -- and when I told him it was Glow by Jennifer Lopez, he said he had smelled the same thing on a cashier at Lowes Home Improvement and had asked her what it was, it smelled so good to him.

I can only wear Glow in hot weather, and it's perfect then -- hot, humid, sweaty, sultry summer weather. I never really liked it that much when it first came out, but then in hot hot weather, all of a sudden it was *perfect*. It just needed the hot weather to bloom. I have since tried wearing it at other times of the year -- early Fall, for example -- no, it doesn't work for me then.

This is definitely a your-skin-but-better scent. A warm, natural, clean, human skin scent -- soft, musky, and pretty. Blends and melds with natural skin's scent. Great stuff -- the drydown is fabulous in the hot weather, especially outdoors. I'll always have Glow in my collection.

Caution -- to me, Glow is strong stuff even though it's an EDT, and it lasts very well. I have to remind myself to spritz lightly, or Glow can be overwhelming IMHO, even though it's essentially a light fresh musk. Very good bang for your buck with this one.

ADDENDUM 7/10/15: I just received the 7/20 issue of US Weekly, and on page 4, there is a "What's In My Bag?" article featuring actress Leah Remini. She formerly played Kevin James' wife in the TV show "The King of Queens" and now has a family reality show on cable.

Leah, who is 45, says she carries a bottle ("not sample size") of J.Lo Glow in her bag, saying that she and Jennifer Lopez have been friends for 12 years, and when Leah spritzes Glow, people ask her, "What is that?!"

J.Lo supported Leah from the audience of "Dancing With The Stars" when Leah was a contestant (Fall 2014?) -- so it figures Leah would wear Glow. But it also sounds like she gets positive reactions from others.

on 3/23/2013 8:14:00 PM

the first time i tried it was a copy of glow, I liked so I bought the original. I can say now that is one of my favourites perfumes, is suitable for spring and summer...but i love it so much!! is a clean and energy fragance!! so femenine, so powder, and everybody likes when I wear it...it last many hours. I have the big bottle and is a little unconfortable for take it in the bag but i love it anyway and is not expensive. I recommend it

on 3/9/2013 3:33:00 PM

This smell is so musty and unpleasant. I happen to like other J.LO scents but this was a miss for me. I gave this scent to my friend and luckily she liked it. I will not buy again.

on 3/4/2013 1:14:00 PM

I would say this is a modern interpretation of White Shoulders. It was a blind buy based on Luca Turin's review. It's a simple, clean white floral. It sparkles with my body chemistry. It is something I could wear everyday, for nearly every occasion. It takes about 15 minutes to develop fully on my skin and doesn't change much after that. It reminds me of another time...old school glamour. I crave this fragrance. It lifts my spirits and makes me happy.

on 2/19/2013 12:54:00 PM

This is not a sexy scent, not sweet nor fruity. This is a _reeeally_ clean scent, it has a very sharp clean scent to it, maybe too sharp for my liking in fresh perfumes, so it's more for a sporty/casual girl. Nothing for you gourmand lovers! :)

No mockery involved, this is actually an impeccable scent to be scattered in the toilet/bathroom. With other lyrics, unless you want to smell like a fresh toilet/bathroom, preserve the liquid from your consecrated body.

on 2/7/2013 5:48:00 PM

I was obsessed with this smell when I was in high school. Somehow the allure of it went away after that. This is too powdery/musky smelling for my taste now. The smell lasts a while. so once you spray, you are committed until your next shower. This is more of a summer/spring scent. After owning the same bottle for the last two years, I have come to the conclusion that this is not the most flattering scent over time. The prdouct is just average.

Well, I wore this when I was 17 and I loved it then, I grew a little and grew away from it, then about a week ago I had an itch to go out and buy it again! and I got a big bottle and I am in love all over again, very fresh, very clean and just lovely all around. It doesn't take much at all for it last all day on me! It smells like a high end fragrance to me nothing cheap about it! I love the bottle as well, it is so pretty. I appreciate jlo's taste in most fragrances for I think her and jessica simpson have the most input on what they want to make and I feel like that is important with a brand. I will never let you go again glow!

on 1/6/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my go to perfume, especially during summer. My sister says I always smell juicy!
I wouldn't say it's a simple fragrance, as I find it surprisingly contradictory. It's fruity, fun, fresh and innocent on one hand, but on the other hand it also has a soft floral sensuality about it.
Glow is one of the few scents however that doesn't morph into something else on me, the dry down is almost the same as when I first put it on. I like the fact is lasts all day and the silage is quite spectacular.
I've been wearing Glow for years and I always receive compliments. I love it :D
Notes of orange, grapefruit, vanilla, musk, orris, jasmine, and iris.

Popular Fragrances