Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster Multi-Perfecting Makeup SPF 30

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster Multi-Perfecting Makeup SPF 30
Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster Multi-Perfecting Makeup SPF 30

4.3

Titanium Dioxide 3.55%: Sunscreen. -Octinoxate 3.74%: Sunscreen. -Oxybenzone 1%: Sunscreen.

on 6/16/2013 12:26:00 PM

I've avoided all the BB and CC creams before because they mostly have seemed like fancy tinted moisturizer - leaving my oily skin too shiny, and with not nearly enough coverage for my tastes. I tried this on a whim and fell in love with it. I don't use it as my starting foundation; I carry it in my purse (the tube makes it very portable) and use it for when my foundation is mostly gone. It gives me a satiny/matte even skin tone that doesn't look mask-like and doesn't require sponges or brushes to look good - it's super easy to apply on the go and has surprising staying power. I am currently NC30 and use this in Medium, which is possibly a shade too dark (but the Light was ghostly on me.)

I live in a hot climate and using power in the summer for touch-ups often doesn't work unless I'm inside in an AC climate. Outside, in my car? Forget it. The powder looks streaky. This goes on even damp skin quite nicely and keeps me looking polished. Also worth noting - the normal Lingerie de Peau foundation didn't work for me at all, but this is nothing like it in my opinion. All they share is a name.

I really like this product. I use a sigma F80 to apply it after the meteorites primer and it acts as my moisturizer and foundation in one. I am NC25 and the light is a perfect shade for me. Using my fingers to apply it didn't give the best results. This gives me a dewy finish on my normal/dry skin. I can see oily girls not liking this. I liked this much more than the new Dior BB cream which turned orange on me.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this so badly!!! I really really did but it made me a greaseball and its been 11 hours and I'm beginning to break out. After only a few hours little red bumps formed on my cheeks if. So sad. So dissapointed. It smells divine. It spreads beautifully and you only need less then a pump for your whole face. If you do not react to perfumed items with extra stuff in it you will love it. I will have to stick with my Dr Dennis Gross all in one tinted moisturizer. Sniff sniff

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

For reference, I'm NC40 and wear "Medium" in this product. Is it a perfect match for my skintone? No it's not but considering there are only two shade choices, this is the closest.

Out of the tube, this looks gorgeous and the consistency is nice. Not too thick, definitely not thin and runny. Strangely, it doesn't spread easily and it dries rather quickly so be prepared to work fast. I used my fingers and in hindsight maybe a brush would be better.

Upon application the color was a bit too light and while the undertone looked yellowish coming out of the tube/pump it quickly seemed a smidge pinkish on my skin. I topped with my usual Koh Gen Do loose powder, used more bronzer than usual in an effort to warm up the look and after using blush and doing the rest of my face it all looked ok leaving the house. I typically have normal-to-dry skin though the past few days it's been more on the combo-oily side because of the weather where I am. Within 1-2hrs after applying, it easily transferred to DH's shirt when I rested my cheek on my shoulder. Ugh. Within 3 hours it had oxidized and I looked like a complete grease ball. Super Ugh! I was more than happy to remove it!

I do like the pump tube... it's a pump dispenser conveniently topping a plastic tube that, because of the snug-fitting cap, I'd feel very safe carrying in my purse. I find the design to be rather ingenious actually.

The price is expensive - $51/40ml - but it's Guerlain so that's to be expected.

The fact there are only two shades makes this a really difficult item to purchase w/o first trying. It does contain spf30 but remember if you are not applying sunscreen under this and you're relying on the BB cream to *be* your sunscreen, you need to apply at least a 1/4tsp to get the stated level of spf30 protection.

This is not impressive enough for me to repurchase it. I'm much happier with my Bobbi Brown spf35 BB cream or my Kiehl's spf 50 BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I am about NW30 at the moment and purchased this in Medium. It is a good color match. The trick to this product is to apply with a brush-I like using the RT EFB. The BB is too thick when applied with fingers. It looks amazing with a bit of Chanel Sunkissed bronzey liquid illuminator mixed in for a perfect summer look! The coverage is a similar finish to regular LdP, a satiny finish. I like that Guerlain put a pump on the tube. The coverage is heavier than regular LdP but is not "heavy feeling". It does an amazing job covering minor redness and face dings! Folks with just minor imperfections may be able to skip concealer when using this product. I get excellent all day wear on my dryish skin. I have used HG No. 28 primer and Guerlain meteorites primer (both regular and the bronzeish one LE for summer 2013) under and they play well together. The issue with this product is the shade range-there are only two, Light and Medium. Guerlain claims they are shade-adjusting, but even there, mostly within just a shade or two rather than a "universal". The undertone in the BB is similar to LdP, beigey with a slight yellow lean. Overall I really like this product for good coverage that is not really heavy.