Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Titanium Dioxide 2%, Zinc Oxide 20%. Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract Methylisothiazolinone, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 7/22/2013 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this CC cream, but the light shade is not a good color match for my fair/light skin. I will write my review based on everything but the color, because if you can get a match, I would recommend this product.

This CC cream goes on matte and stays matte all day, even on my combo-oily skin. I have patches on my chin which get red and flaky easily and this CC cream did not exacerbate the issue, as many products do. It covered up my redness well and generally did not emphasize my dry spots, though on days where I had flakiness, it did show. I wore this on days with high humidity and days where it was 105 out and it stayed in place without melting or getting splotchy. Most days I smoothed it on with my fingers, but it also worked well with a brush. (I like the Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush.) It does not moisturize and I wore it over a moisturizer on days when I needed moisture. It's a little stiff and doesn't blend quickly, but it does blend well.

I'm disappointed in the color range and the fact that the light shade was a touch too dark for my fair/light skin. If it had been a better match, this would be my summer foundation for sure.

on 6/17/2013 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Combo, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin. NC15-20/very yellow/olive, Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

I really love so much about this stuff but there are a couple of deal killers, I just can't wear it. My skin is currently dehydrated and I've had a hard time finding something with a nice finish, that will wear well and won't cake up or get oily. This was great. Beautiful satiny-matte/natural finish, medium coverage, pores were smoothed out and 4 hours later it still looked great.
The color looked very dark straight out of the tube but it did seem as if it would be yellow enough. Oddly, it lightened but turned pinkish once blended on my skin. It wasn't real obvious, no demarcation at my jawline or anything but it was definitely too pink.
Unfortunately, this has something in it that my skin can't handle and I spent that 4 hours trying not to claw my face off and the redness/irritation it left behind is not so pretty :(

on 5/18/2013 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I received a sample of this in my BirchBox and tried it. My sample lasted 10 days, which is about my time range for trying a new product to see if I want to purchase a full size. I didn't break out at all during that timeframe, and it shortened my morning routine because I didn't have to apply sunscreen and primer in addition to mattifying gel and foundation! My skin reacts to changes in my routine, so I'm always afraid to add or subtract something as I might be dealing with breakouts after that, and of course I hate that! This did not cause appreciable bad changes in my skin! Yay! There is some mica/shimmer to this product, but it feels to me as though it makes the foundation dewy, not sparkly. I like the light to medium coverage and the way it feels very natural. No scent, lasts 8 hrs, covers what I need, with a bit of concealer for problem areas. This will be a great summertime replacement for my usual Prescriptives foundation. The light/med color is a wee bit dark for my unsuntanned skin, but that will change as the summer progresses!
3/16/16 update: I've been repurchasing this for several years now--I'm wearing less makeup a than I used to as I age--trying to just even out my skin tone--so I suppose it has less coverage than a regular foundation. I still use a concealer for trouble areas underneath this CC cream, but that's it. Great stuff!

on 5/24/2013 8:31:00 PM

I was incredibly fortunate in receiving a sample of the Supergoop! CC Cream in my April Birchbox! I received the shade light/medium, but there is also a medium/dark shade. I am always incredibly hesitant to try products on my face, because my skin is incredibly sensitive; however, the package stated that the CC Cream is fragrance-free, which is my biggest problem. My skin is incredibly sensitive to fragrance, so if a product does not specifically say "fragrance-free" on the packaging, then I avoid it. Since this did say "fragrance-free", I figured I would give it a go.

When I first squirted it out of the package, it was much darker than my skin tone, which surprised me. The product claims to be a "self-adjusting shade", but I was still a little doubtful. Initially, it was darker on my skin, but then once I started blending the product, it adjusted to my skin perfectly. I used my fingers to apply it, but you could also use a brush or a beauty sponge. The consistency is thicker than I expected from a CC cream, but once it is on the face it felt amazing and natural. The finish is much more of a satin, natural finish, which I prefer. I checked every couple of hours and the lasting power was incredible. I have oily skin, so I often struggle with my foundation wearing away by the end of the day. This held up beautifully, yet looked so natural. The product is fragrance-free, paraben-free, free of petrochemicals, and free of oxybenzone.

I don't tend to get breakouts, so I cannot say on how it covers problem areas. The only times I really get break outs are when I use a product that has fragrance. I am so happy that this product has not broken me out! This product made my skin look so good! The sample lasted me a good amount of time and as soon as I was running low, I ordered a full size!

I highly recommend this product if you don't require a full coverage foundation, you like more satin, natural finishes, and who have sensitive skin.