Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is a nightmare in a tube.

I bought this foundation after having numerous consultants at Shoppers Drug Mart tell me that this was the ONLY foundation that would match my skin's undertone and even the surface out, and being a senior in high school with an upcoming prom, I bought it even though it felt like a waxy mask on my face when the lady tried it out on me.
Now I don't know if this is meant for dry skin types, but it is definitely not meant for combination or oily skin types. When I tried it on the next day to test it out for myself, it made my face look SO oily and shiny, NOT dewy at all. It defined every single pore and pimple I had, felt like an oil slick, and transferred onto clothes even after I set it with 2 stippled layers of setting powder. But silly little me got so carried away with how perfectly the colour matched my skin tone and undertone that I wore it anyway for about 5 months, and touched up by blotting then applying translucent powder 3 to 5 times a day.

I bought this stuff in May. It's now September. Let me tell you about the long-term effects. At first, it only irritated my skin, but I covered the redness with the foundation. Then I noticed a couple pimples here and there, but I covered them with the foundation. Then I noticed white spots and red spots and dry spots. But I covered them all with this foundation. AND NOW MY SKIN IS HORRIBLE AND THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE. It's just absolutely disgusting. I don't allow myself in natural light because it's so gross. I don't like to put my hair up because my cheeks are so gross. I don't even want to go outside without any make up on, which I used to do all the stinking time. Confidently.

But life moves on. I made an appointment with my doctor to get a referral to a dermatologist. I've contacted the company letting them know how much I hate their foundation. I've consolidated myself over the loss of $40 which I had to save up for because I don't have a job. I've switched to Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast foundation in 957 (which I will be testing out today). I've changed my whole skincare routine to tend to my face full of acne. I've made a mental check list of natural things to do everyday to help my face. And I've promised to only ever glance at this stuff if my under-eyes ever grow dark circles that nothing else in the universe can cover up, because this product is too expensive to throw away.

Unless you have the driest of dry skins, I'm warning you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After having a bad reaction to another foundation, I was left at a crossroads where I was afraid to wear makeup but really needed coverage. This foundation has pretty much saved my self-esteem and made it possible for me to regain some normalcy after looking straight up awful from the reaction.

I had tried a sample of this and was happy with the coverage I got, but it did initially feel heavy on the skin when I applied it with my fingers or used a sponge. I have found this foundation works much better and feels nicer on the skin applied with a flat top synthetic brush. The coverage is excellent and can cover just about everything and right now I've needed really heavy coverage. More importantly, despite having really sensitive and healing skin, it has not broken me out at all. The coverage lasts a lot longer when set with a powder and miraculously holds up even during the super humid and often makeup destroying summers we have here in Atlanta.

I also appreciate that this comes in a wide variety of colors and undertones, when foundations jilt people who aren't "beige" I get pretty annoyed. The packaging is just a simple grey tube with a small window on the bottom, so it's hygienic but nothing fancy.

The only downside is the price, but it is priced on par with other mid to high end brands (Makeup Forever, Kat von D)and offers the same amount of product those do. I also like that this brand is very committed to making vegan cosmetics.

I think formula wise this foundation would work for most people - I'd especially recommend this foundation for anyone who is dealing with a major skin crisis and needs coverage without it causing further problems or just really sensitive skin. Since mine is so prone to reactions, this is what I'll be sticking with for now while my face continues to heal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews I was skeptical about this foundation,,,but I noticed most of the reviews were by users with oily/combination skin. Cover FX recommends this for DRY skin...not oily. It does say oilfree but it is an emoilent satin finish foundation. It gives a wonderful non cakey full coverage finish. I use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery spf 30 moisturizer...no primer because I dislike the feel of primers and the spf moisturizer leaves my skin smooth and foundation ready.

I have rosacea and dry skin and this gives my a lovely smooth full coverage. I do not need to use any concealer at all, which is amazing for me...I have always had to use heavy concealer. Set with loose setting powder I get all day wear with only a slight touch up after 6 hours or so.

So if you have oily skin this is not for you but if you have dry skin that needs a bit of help give this a try.

on 7/10/2014 2:03:00 AM

Bought this after a sales associate recommended this to me. It's always been a struggle for me to find a foundation that is an ideal color match, all while being not too greasy or too dry (as someone with combination skin this happens often). This fit the bill. The color N10 was perfect for my incredibly pale skin. The foundation also wears very well after the whole day, but I do have to say that powder is needed. It doesn't look too greasy but I can see how individuals with oily skin wouldn't be able to work with it. I wear sunscreen underneath and it is perfect on my skin. If you want a lighter coverage I would definitely apply it using less product (or suggest sheering it out) as this is what I do. Overall I really like this foundation. Only con is that this foundation doesn't have the best packaging. I don't like having to squeeze it out I'd rather have the standard foundation bottle with pump.

This does have good coverage but can start to cake up so I don't recommend this for people who have heavy blemishes. It does have a natural finish if applied with one layer. However, it creases like crazy! It creases on the lines by my mouth and also my under eyes! It also transfers so easily even if you set it with powder! It has no spf either so this is most definitely not for day time use. Though, I must say it looks good if you're going out to dinner or taking pictures at night and wouldn't mind doing touch ups on your face. Overall it would have been a good product since it doesn't make me break out but it's just too much work to maintain and the price is just outrageous for a foundation that requires so much work.

on 5/18/2014 11:32:00 AM

When I first put this on I absolutely hated it. It looked too pink and didn't look good on the skin. But then on a whim I tried it with a flat top brush and let it have time to adjust to my skin and wow! I'd say high medium to full coverage with a skin finish. It does take a while to set and I do use a powder on top but it lasts and lasts while looking great. For reference I'm about an nc15 who's neutral but leaning more yellow and n10 is a perfect match.

on 3/27/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

**This only gets 3 stars because the color matched me decently, not because the product is any good.

Skin type: moderate acne (6-10+ active spots), oily all over, dry around certain acne spots, uneven skin tone due to acne scars (not deep/pits, just miscolored surface level spots), lots of redness in my skin due to sensitivity, and fair with yellow undertones. Basically, my skin is every girls worst nightmare.

So I went to Sephora and let them test a few different foundations on me because I desperately wanted something to help combat the redness in my skin (which makes my face look in much worse condition than it truly is) and this is what we landed on that worked with my skin tone. They also used Tarte's Colored Clay CC Primer underneath this (that's another review). After about 2 hours of wear, I already regretted buying it.

Over the next few days I tried it with a beauty blender, a brush, my fingers, with moisturize, without it, with the Tarte CC primer, without it, with a press powder, with a translucent powder, blah blah, and NOTHING worked.

Literally, my skin never felt dry. It had that "if my face touches anything, all of this is rubbing off on it" feel. I always take two toilet paper sheets, fold them, and lightly dabbed my face after putting on foundation to pick up the excess so it doesn't make me exceedingly oily in that spot, and it literally took OFF the entire amount of make-up I had just put on. It looked good in the mirror from about 4 feet back. It did make my skin look decently evened out, but the wear-life was 2 hours max. It says it is oil free but there is just something in this make-up that did not agree with my skin seeing as how it didn't last for shiz.

I would say pass on this one if your skin can potentially become oily at any point during the day or if you don't want to look like garbage.

on 3/26/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried a sample at SDM then bought the tube. It felt ok at first, but was so irritating/drying after a few hours, I couldn't wait to wash it off. I returned this the same day. It also turned orange.

When it comes to this product I am torn. It feels completely wonderful on my skin, it makes my skin feel oh so soft and doesn't feel cakey at all. It does give full coverage but only for a few hours, you are going to have to retouch your face during the day at least once. The downfall on this foundation is that it makes my T-Zone look really greasy and oily. Nothing that a good blot powder can't fix but I don't like having to blot my face. Many girls like the Matte foundations, which is not this product. So if you are looking for a matte foundation look elsewhere. I really like this foundation, it gives my face a glow a natural glow per say. But I definately do recommend this foundation if you're tired of using a foundation that feels like it is drying your skin out *cough cough* MAC
BTW it is Paraben Free! and OIL FREE :D

Nice from far, awful up close. Not good for all day wear, it starts to break down after a couple hours and gets oily in the Tzone. I don't have oily skin. It makes pores appear larger. It is not full coverage enough for dark marks like melasma. If you build it up it is obvious and looks terrible in the daylight... It just looks awful in the daylight regardless. Indoors not so bad. It cakes up in any creases like expression lines in the forehead and by the mouth. Don't use this if you wear glasses, it globs up on the bridge of the nose where your glasses rest. It makes my skin look tired and old. There is no way i would consider adding powder to my face after a few hours as it starts to look splotchy. After 7 hrs my skin felt pasty. Putting it on was a bit thicker than lotion. Definitely use a kabuki brush. I am going back for a refund. I don't care if it's fancy packaging. I only care that a product works as it says it does.