Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

I am really surprised by the mixed to poor reviews this product has. I bought it for the first time at Sephora last week and I have to say that I am absolutely in love. I have combination skin with an especially oily t-zone, but I don't have any issues with it rubbing off throughout the day like I almost always do with other products. It is a little heavy and a tad difficult to blend, but with a brush and some TLC my skin always looks even, clear and radiant. I was skeptical at first, especially after I had to throw down $40 for it which is kind of pricey, but I have to say that I am completely happy with the purchase and would definitely buy again.

I noticed some people mentioned it broke them out. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with break outs, but if I do I will come back and edit the review.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this foundation because it was formulated for those with sensitive skin. This didn't break me out and it actually helped my skin. It looks awesome when its first applied but its leaves a sticky feeling and never really sets. It doesn't matter how much powder I use, Its just sticky and I have to blot even though I don't have oily skin. It's not worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Greaseball!
I was recommended this product my a sephora beauty consultant after asking for a lightweight, breathable, medium coverage foundation. She suggested Becca or Cover FX but told me she recommended Cover FX natural finish foundation, so she matched me and I didn't really see a wow factor to this but I figured maybe i would like it. The next day i decided to try it out, when I applied it it was extremely blendable and my skin looked really soft, but 20 minutes later it oxidized badly! My fave looked orange! And I would say I didn't even get a medium coverage until I packed on multiple layers. I went on with my day to see how it wears with my oily skin. One hour later, I looked in the mirror and it was awful! I have never had such a bad experience. So greasy, and orange! I hate this foundation! Oily skin girls beware!
PS : I have some acne so maybe thats why I didn't like the coverage

on 1/22/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this foundation hoping it was going to keep my skin looking smooth and flawless throughout the day without any touch-ups. When I first put it on, I was in love. It looked literally perfect and I had an amazing color matched to my skin. I put it on before work one day super confident I was going to look fabulous and when I went to use the restroom, I looked into the mirror and felt sick to my stomach. My foundation looked like it was sliding off my face... I used primer, powder, and setting spray and it STILL did not want to stay in place. So disappointed, I really wanted to like it, but it went right back to Sephora! And it is stupid expensive.. totally not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sales associates must get an extra bonus for recommending this product because it is completely terrible. I told the sales associate that I had extremely oily/acne prone skin and she said this would be the perfect product for me. In the dim lighting of Sephora the color looked great, and I was desperate for a new foundation. Fast forward to me trying to apply the make up at home. The color looked a bit off, almost grayish on my skin. But, I had a powder that made the color a bit better for my skin tone. After using for about 2 months I have finally decided to throw it away. My skin is the worst it has ever looked in my entire life. Do not buy unless you want a shiny face and terrible acne!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dig it. It does its job for me as a foundation. Leaves me feeling bright and glowy, but not too shiny. Not sure if it is my favorite, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is a nightmare in a tube.

I bought this foundation after having numerous consultants at Shoppers Drug Mart tell me that this was the ONLY foundation that would match my skin's undertone and even the surface out, and being a senior in high school with an upcoming prom, I bought it even though it felt like a waxy mask on my face when the lady tried it out on me.
Now I don't know if this is meant for dry skin types, but it is definitely not meant for combination or oily skin types. When I tried it on the next day to test it out for myself, it made my face look SO oily and shiny, NOT dewy at all. It defined every single pore and pimple I had, felt like an oil slick, and transferred onto clothes even after I set it with 2 stippled layers of setting powder. But silly little me got so carried away with how perfectly the colour matched my skin tone and undertone that I wore it anyway for about 5 months, and touched up by blotting then applying translucent powder 3 to 5 times a day.

I bought this stuff in May. It's now September. Let me tell you about the long-term effects. At first, it only irritated my skin, but I covered the redness with the foundation. Then I noticed a couple pimples here and there, but I covered them with the foundation. Then I noticed white spots and red spots and dry spots. But I covered them all with this foundation. AND NOW MY SKIN IS HORRIBLE AND THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE. It's just absolutely disgusting. I don't allow myself in natural light because it's so gross. I don't like to put my hair up because my cheeks are so gross. I don't even want to go outside without any make up on, which I used to do all the stinking time. Confidently.

But life moves on. I made an appointment with my doctor to get a referral to a dermatologist. I've contacted the company letting them know how much I hate their foundation. I've consolidated myself over the loss of $40 which I had to save up for because I don't have a job. I've switched to Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast foundation in 957 (which I will be testing out today). I've changed my whole skincare routine to tend to my face full of acne. I've made a mental check list of natural things to do everyday to help my face. And I've promised to only ever glance at this stuff if my under-eyes ever grow dark circles that nothing else in the universe can cover up, because this product is too expensive to throw away.

Unless you have the driest of dry skins, I'm warning you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After having a bad reaction to another foundation, I was left at a crossroads where I was afraid to wear makeup but really needed coverage. This foundation has pretty much saved my self-esteem and made it possible for me to regain some normalcy after looking straight up awful from the reaction.

I had tried a sample of this and was happy with the coverage I got, but it did initially feel heavy on the skin when I applied it with my fingers or used a sponge. I have found this foundation works much better and feels nicer on the skin applied with a flat top synthetic brush. The coverage is excellent and can cover just about everything and right now I've needed really heavy coverage. More importantly, despite having really sensitive and healing skin, it has not broken me out at all. The coverage lasts a lot longer when set with a powder and miraculously holds up even during the super humid and often makeup destroying summers we have here in Atlanta.

I also appreciate that this comes in a wide variety of colors and undertones, when foundations jilt people who aren't "beige" I get pretty annoyed. The packaging is just a simple grey tube with a small window on the bottom, so it's hygienic but nothing fancy.

The only downside is the price, but it is priced on par with other mid to high end brands (Makeup Forever, Kat von D)and offers the same amount of product those do. I also like that this brand is very committed to making vegan cosmetics.

I think formula wise this foundation would work for most people - I'd especially recommend this foundation for anyone who is dealing with a major skin crisis and needs coverage without it causing further problems or just really sensitive skin. Since mine is so prone to reactions, this is what I'll be sticking with for now while my face continues to heal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews I was skeptical about this foundation,,,but I noticed most of the reviews were by users with oily/combination skin. Cover FX recommends this for DRY skin...not oily. It does say oilfree but it is an emoilent satin finish foundation. It gives a wonderful non cakey full coverage finish. I use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery spf 30 moisturizer...no primer because I dislike the feel of primers and the spf moisturizer leaves my skin smooth and foundation ready.

I have rosacea and dry skin and this gives my a lovely smooth full coverage. I do not need to use any concealer at all, which is amazing for me...I have always had to use heavy concealer. Set with loose setting powder I get all day wear with only a slight touch up after 6 hours or so.

So if you have oily skin this is not for you but if you have dry skin that needs a bit of help give this a try.

on 7/10/2014 2:03:00 AM

Bought this after a sales associate recommended this to me. It's always been a struggle for me to find a foundation that is an ideal color match, all while being not too greasy or too dry (as someone with combination skin this happens often). This fit the bill. The color N10 was perfect for my incredibly pale skin. The foundation also wears very well after the whole day, but I do have to say that powder is needed. It doesn't look too greasy but I can see how individuals with oily skin wouldn't be able to work with it. I wear sunscreen underneath and it is perfect on my skin. If you want a lighter coverage I would definitely apply it using less product (or suggest sheering it out) as this is what I do. Overall I really like this foundation. Only con is that this foundation doesn't have the best packaging. I don't like having to squeeze it out I'd rather have the standard foundation bottle with pump.