Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 4/29/2015 5:42:00 AM

This cream can't be blend. what a shame despite a very good ingredients listed. It has a poor coverage and basically does nothing to your face rather than being a tacky sunscreen. Clinique once again has to consider changing its name, it doesnt do color correcting hence named cc cream, well to sum up it basically just an overprice sunscreen with zero coverage.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a generous sample of this, probably in a gift w purchase. As others have said, it is SO HARD to blend into your skin. I use a flat-head stipiling foundation brush and really try to buff it into my skin, but it seems like by buffing out one area of your face, you're really just pushing the product into smears surrounding that area.

Most of all, I can't believe this is part of their Moisture Surge line, when everytime I wear it my skin looks horribly flaky. Sure, I suffer from some dry skin now and then, but that's why I like to wear a BB (or CC, though this is my first one) cream: to moisturize while getting some coverage. But while this is supposedly designed for dry skin, it highlights every dry patch of skin on my face. Not only does it highlight all of the gross dry skin on my face, it still looks waxy and requires a setting powder.

The only good thing is that the color seems to match my skintone fairly well. But even then, I'm not sure where the CC- color correction- comes into play. It doesn't seem to neutralize any redness on my face. If anything, my faces is MORE red due to irritation from trying to blend it so aggressively!

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've had this for a year now. I don't use it regularly cuz I can't make it work. I take it out of my makeup drawer regularly tho to see if it's my skin that is the problem. My skin changes with the weather. But now it's pretty normal and not dry like in the winter. I tried again today and just don't like it. I hav it in light. I think it looks too orange. It is too thick even wen I warm it up. It doesn't spread making it uneven. It's not moisturising at all like it says it is. If anything it makes my skin dry and flaky. I like the sunblock in it. I like TheBalm tinted moisturiser much better and will stick to that.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I so wanted this to be better than it was. The texture was a tad too thick and not as hydrating as I was expecting.
The colour range was good and I liked the fact it contains an spf too. A little does go a long way .
I'm glad I tried it but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 2/20/2015 8:05:00 PM

I bought this CC cream on an impulse :(. I don't know where to start, but i don't fInd any PROS, so let's talk about the CONS:
BLENDABILITY: First I applied it in all the ways possible (fingers,brush,beauty blender) and the result is the same: Hard to blend.
COLOR: The color Light Medium is horrible! it doesn't match my skintone, this cc cream looks way too dark and unnatural on my NC25, it seems that this have a lot of pink pigments on it which makes me look like i'm wearing a mask lol.
TEXTURE: Awful! it feels very greasy and thick, I prefer CC creams that have a light texture, this foundation doesn't work for me at all! I don't recommend this to anyone...

Also, I forgot to mention that this CC cream smells like rotten eggs.

on 2/14/2015 2:53:00 AM

This is my first time using a CC cream... I picked this up because I liked texture of the product-it's slightly heavier than ordinary face creams yet still provides coverage to even out your skintone. Hence if you have imperfections, a seperate concealer is required.

It is not scented like most of other Clinique products and comes in SPF30. I tried applying this on top of a moisturiser and found that the finish didnt look as good as worn alone.

I apply this after toner and it gives a natural airbrush look and provides hydration to the skin. Love this product and recommend to anyone looking for an all-in product !

on 2/15/2015 2:50:00 PM

I like this CC cream, but I don't looooove it. I expected more from a $40 CAD CC cream, to be honest. The coverage is nice, subtle, not too heavy, quite sheer - doesn't feel too heavy on my face. It's kinda sticky though. Am I weird? And not exactly a surge of moisture. I wasn't blown away by the moisture and I need heavy moisture in the Canadian winter! I also found that it oxidized with some cream blushes that I used - seemed better when paired with powder blush. Overall, it is a decent CC cream - once you add concealer on troublesome spots (I deal with some redness) and a nice setting powder. If I want heavier coverage, I wear the CC cream as a base with a medium coverage foundation over top.

on 2/28/2015 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Received this product in a gift pack. I have had zero luck with BB and CC creams as I am fair, combo skin type with mild rosacea. I LOVE this product!! Great for winter months when I have dry patches. Very natural-looking.