NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.7

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

I was looking for something to replace my used up Primed and Poreless loose powder from Too Faced because it was not in stock on the web-site. I like this much better. I used a kabuki brush to apply. If you use a puff, it is difficult to get the product to go on smoothly. ( It takes a bit of practice to use it with a puff.) Anyway, I felt like Too Faced's product just sat on the top of my skin while this seemed to work better to set my foundation. I wouldn't use it to absorb oil though. The container sucks! The holes are too large and it's easy to spill the product. I recommend using it while sitting down, keeping it right side up and carefully opening it, or just transfer it to a better container.

on 6/9/2016 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This powder is great for controlling oils but the only ingredient it has is silica, which is a major key to causing lots of flashbacks in photography. I would only recommend using it during the day.

So I bought this product because I needed something to bake with, and before I splurged on the Laura Mercier I wanted to try something more inexpensive. I've read reviews before that this was a great alternative to bake with! This was the worst idea ever.

First of all, it's hard to grab product with the beauty blender, I would dip and dip and nothing would hold onto the sponge. After dipping like a million times, I was finally in the process of baking my face. As the powder set on my face for 10 minutes, my skin automatically felt dry and tight, and I have oily skin so it was the worst feeling to have. And the worst part is trying to dust away the powder. It is the most DIFFICULT thing to do. It's almost like dusting away dried up chalk, and you're left with streaks of white powder. And don't get me started with taking pictures with flash....it was just an overall bad decision.

However, I tried it a second time but not for baking, instead I tried it just as a finishing powder and it did a better job that way but it was still too drying for my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been searching for a setting powder that doesn't irritate or breakout my skin so I picked this up at Target for $10 because I wanted to go talc-free this time, and this one seemed to have favorable reviews on here.

I was skeptical though, because this stuff only has one ingredient: silica (they have apparently cut out the parabens). I really wish I had followed my instincts cause this stuff does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. Like literally, I see no difference whatsoever after i apply it. Even applying loads of it just leaves faint white smudges that rub in and disappear with no discernible effect. I can get the same finish by brushing a clean (makeup free) brush over my face.

Maybe my face is just too oily for this stuff to do anything to it? Or maybe i'm using it wrong? Is there some sort of secret to this stuff? If there is, it eludes me. I really want my $10 back...

on 5/5/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Maybe they had a formula change? This powder is horrible. Idk what else to say it's just bad, it doesn't blend it's a very heavy white that just sits on your face, the consistency of literal baking soda.

on 5/1/2016 11:59:00 PM

It feels chalky and it's HORRIBLE WITH FLASH!!! You blend and blend but you can see where you added the powder as a PURE WHITE FLASHBACKS. It's horrible 10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND

I absolutely adore this setting powder. It's my HG. This silica powder is the perfect consistency and has the power to transform the wear of BB creams and foundations that I need more wear and matteness out of. It's versatile, excellent texture, my sensitive, acne-prone skin is totally non-reactive to it and I just love how it feels and looks. A+!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this finishing powder! I use a little under my eyes to cover concealer and a little on my nose and around it to prevent shine. It lasts all day! I have dry/combination skin and the only place I have shine is on my nose but this prevents it.

This stuff kinda sucks. It goes everywhere and it feels like I'm applying nothing. It's really hard to get on your brush or beauty blender (whatever you're using). I bought this hoping to be able to bake with it but i almost died from inhaling too much of it, so its a no go for me

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this on a 50% off sale because NYX is pretty expensive where i live,i think this product is so great to set your makeup,my makeup looks smooth and the bronzer blush applies smooth and natural!my contour looks good!i used the body shop honey bronzer and it appears 100000times more natural and good.and then i did a flash test and it gave me flashbacks.which is pretty disappointing.but for what it's worth i think it is best to use it when you're sure that you won't get your photos taken with flash on,so i think i'm going to be repurchasing this one.such a great product