NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.7

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this finishing powder! I use a little under my eyes to cover concealer and a little on my nose and around it to prevent shine. It lasts all day! I have dry/combination skin and the only place I have shine is on my nose but this prevents it.

This stuff kinda sucks. It goes everywhere and it feels like I'm applying nothing. It's really hard to get on your brush or beauty blender (whatever you're using). I bought this hoping to be able to bake with it but i almost died from inhaling too much of it, so its a no go for me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm super pale so the translucent shade doesn't give me a white cast, my skin is already like that...but this packaging was a complete nightmare for me. I would consider myself a relatively competent person but at the first unscrew after removing the sticker over the holes it exploded all over me, my bathroom counter, and my clothing. It's extremely fine and I was coughing up a lung over it. It got into the corkscrew of the lid as well so I couldn't tighten it all the way back down, each time I washed and dried the lid and sides off (pain in the butt, by the way) it would somehow creep back so powder would leak out onto my counter and makeup bag anyway. I taped over a bunch of the holes but it still POURS out. I'm not using that term lightly. I would repurchase only to leave the sticker over the holes from the beginning and maybe cut the sticker over one or two holes. And if that didn't work, I would probably smash something because this powder has inconvenienced me one too many times.

I wanted to find a good setting powder and thought this one would be good. I wanted to use it mainly for extra oil control, but I think it just clogged my pores/caused a bit of acne. So I ended up using it on my hair... Yes my hair. If my roots were oily I'd use this stuff like a dry shampoo and it worked really well! So the product didn't go to waste, but I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is in fact a wonderful product. I have extremely oily skin and enlarged pores and this powder works great after I use my Ester Lauder foundation. After I set my foundation with this powder I apply my translucent setting powder and that helps to erase the white cast. It absorbs excess oil for long periods and gives a soft finish Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this on a 50% off sale because NYX is pretty expensive where i live,i think this product is so great to set your makeup,my makeup looks smooth and the bronzer blush applies smooth and natural!my contour looks good!i used the body shop honey bronzer and it appears 100000times more natural and good.and then i did a flash test and it gave me flashbacks.which is pretty disappointing.but for what it's worth i think it is best to use it when you're sure that you won't get your photos taken with flash on,so i think i'm going to be repurchasing this one.such a great product

on 11/16/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I personally really enjoy this product. I use it to set my foundation. Previously, I was using Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder, but I prefer NYX because it doesn't make me look as cakey. I like that it sets your makeup and provides somewhat of a matte finish, and that it is not as heavy as other powders (which make me cakey). I have oily, acne prone skin and I think this works fabulous with all types of foundation!

on 12/10/2015 5:56:00 PM

I picked this product up because of the price, looking for something new to set my makeup. This product makes your face white and powdery with the flash on. Not a good look :/.

I used to use the e.l.f setting spray by itself but I found that I needed something more to keep my makeup in place. I bought this because it got good reviews and the price wasn't too bad. My makeup didn't budge at all throughout the day. the only con is since its a white 'translucent' powder, it made my contour look less intense than it really was; in other words it made my skin look paler

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely terrible. *Just turn the flash on the camera and you'll see why*

Even putting this on I have to hold my breath because it's SO lightweight it goes everywhere, so keep your mouth closed. I tried this instead of my Sacha buttercup but never again. I'm trying Laura Mercier next time. Take a picture with the flash on and there's white spots everywhere, even after I brushed a little harder to get them off (which takes away from the makeup), it's still there. Absolutely would not recommend for anyone, but especially us mocha girls.