Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a fantastic little palette! It's great for neutral matte looks, no makeup looks, and even a dark matte smokey eye. I however use it mainly for blending. Even though 5 of the 6 colors are matte, they blend very easily and are not dry or powdery at all. And even the light colors are very pigmented. Naked2 is probably the best color I have ever found to blend dark lid shades into my crease. I have rather small and hooded lids so darker crease colors don't work well on me. WOS is a really good base color, and I was thrilled to see that Venus had a hint of satin shimmer. I really don't like matte highlight shades. Basics is the perfect size for travel, and the price is just right. I would honestly think that almost every woman who wears makeup would have a use for Naked Basics.

on 4/11/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried so hard to pass up this palette but as I was at the check out line in Sephora I just saw it sitting there and yanked it up.
Man am I glad I got it.
I use this every single day and I absolutely love it! I've had this palette for about a month and a half now and I've barely made a dent in any of the shadows.
I love the very neutral look it gives me for work.
I fly all the time and I love that this little compact can just fit right into my small make up bag and I take it everywhere.
I love Crave for my liner and I love how Walk of Shame neutralises my lid.
I also use Naked 2 as my brow color and its fantastic!
I will absolutely buy this product again when I run out.
HG product!

on 4/8/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I held off on this for so long. I figured no way is this worth the hype or the price. I love neutrals and wanted to try it. I finally jumped in and got it months ago and am in love. It's just a very basic palette with great skin tone colors and works with everything. You don't need to go all crazy with this one and worry it wont fit with an outfit or lip color. Everything in here is wearable.

Smokey and natural this palette is for anyone. It has some yellow tones in it, but don't worry much, I am cool toned and find nothing off about it. It just gives a subtle look and I don't see anything yellow or sallow. I use this a lot for that no-make-up look.

Urban Decay always puts out great shadows and this is just right there with the rest. My favorite color combos in here are Venus and WOS. It just gives me a very classy look. The packaging is very small and portable. No fuss or muss here. Worth the $28.

on 3/29/2014 12:26:00 AM

I love this palette, so versatile and so good for travel. I can use this by itself or with other palettes. The shades blend together and on my skin beautifully. The darkest one is a good eye liner, and the more neutral shades are awesome for blending and building. The light shimmery shade is what I wear on my brow bone when I'm going out at night, and sometimes even in the day.

Matte and natural enough to wear to work, the gym (unfortunately I feel as though I should have even the tiniest bit of makeup on to avoid scaring everybody), or wherever you want to appear as if you are wearing minimal makeup. Definitely smart to have in your makeup bag.

on 3/28/2014 1:26:00 AM

Little work horse palette of goodness how well you perform and partner with every other palette I own.

Great crease and blending neutral colours, I'm happy there are 4 lighter colours to work with and Venus is great for using with bright colour popping eye shadows and palettes. Foxy and W.O.S are great base colours... If I'm feeling lazy I will often just use Naked 2 as a brow colour - I think Faint would be good for darker brows too.

Nice compact little palette to pack for trips. No fallout - yay! If I was too lose you my little beauty you would certainly be worthy of replacement. I bought mine from BeautyBay.

Happy to have this and would recommend to others as worthwhile.

on 3/25/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

A nice, but very dupable shadow palette. With 6 shades- 3 light, 2 medium, and one dark.

The lightest is Venus-a satiny off white shade similar to MAC Mylar. The second is Foxy-a soft cream, similar is MAC Brule. The third is Walk of Shame-a soft pink, could be duped with MAC Yogurt. Next is Naked 2-extremely similar to MAC Omega. Followed by Faint- (which goes on a lot lighter than it looks a soft, blending shade) that looks like MAC Charcoal Brown. Lastly, Crave a decent, basic black shadow. Similar to any other black on the market.

Now, this palette has pros and cons....but I want to first start with the cons. In my opinion, there should be two light, two mid tone and two dark shadows, for variety purposes. Walk of Shame should be pulled, and replaced with another midtone, or even dark shade. Maybe a nice deep purple like MAC Sketch...or even a deep brown since Faint is more of a blending shade (At least on me as a NC30). Also, why not one matte and one satin for each light, mid tone and dark? I know they wanted to do something to counteract the frostiness of the other naked palettes, but the still could add SOME texture variety to this palette. I feel like this palette on its own is a great "basic" as the name states, but you need more than this to complete a full, everyday look....unless you want extremely natural. I feel like with a few adjustments this could be a great palette, but it just falls a lil bit short.

The pros to this is definitely the price. $28 for 6 shadows in a convenient carrying case. No spot for a brush (another con I guess) but nice mirror and the case is very sturdy. 3 shadows are about the size of one full sized MAC shadow...so there are two "full sized" amounts of product. Each MAC shadow is $16, so essentially $32 of product, for $28. If you want something to add to your other Naked palettes, or just a decent matte, basic palette this is worth the investment. Though, if you're darker than a NC42/NW35....you may want to pass...I don't know if any of the shades would show up well enough to justify buying it. If you are lighter and want some easy to throw on, work friendly mattes...you may want to give this a go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this palette! It has 5 matte eyeshadows and one light shimmery one.
The eyeshadows are amazing quality, and last all day with a base underneath!
I personally only wear matte eyeshadows as I find them to be the most natural and pretty looking ;)!
If you love matte eyeshadows, this is the palette for you (also amazing for traveling!), if you prefer shimmery shades, maybe skip it ;)!
I also think the price point is reasonable.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First off: hi, my name is Danielle, and I'm an Urban Decay junkie. That addressed, I have the worst kind of love-hate relationship with this specific palette, because I use the blasted thing almost every day...but only three out of six shades. Faint and Crave have all the power and pigmentation of chalk dust, and I haven't even acknowledged Foxy (my Naked2 palette told me all I needed to know about that yellow monster). However, Walk of Shame is seriously my Holy Grail blending shade, and I'm quite happy with Naked2 as a transition colour. So what it boils down to is, I paid a bomb for that pair, plus the lovely and talented highlighting shade Venus. Still cost less than three UD singles, but still...Walk of Shame is really the only one in there that gets me flailing like a fangirl. :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an awesome palette for a bold or light neutral look. The colors apply easy and blend wonderfully. Well worth the $27 price tag.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love the size of this palette and the fact that it gives me all of my eye "stuff" in one package. Each of the three lighter neutral colors are very useful in different situations. I used wOs most days with naked 2 in the crease. I use crave on my waterline at night. Faint is both a good day liner and as a brow filler. The lightest color has a tiny bit of shimmer and is a great highlighter!