Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

I'm a fan of the JI pressed mineral foundation, but was wanting something a bit lighter coverage-wise, so thought I'd give this a try. This isn't a BB cream, it's more like a thick, waterproof concealer that's extremely difficult to blend. It also separates on the skin (especially if there are dry spots like mine). You need a really good cleanser to remove it - I put it on the back of my hand & apply with a brush & it takes several vigorous washes with soap to get most of it off my hand (not all of it!). Luckily, I do have a really good cleanser (Estee Lauder 3 in 1) which does remove it completely. I like a natural look, so this "BB cream" is definitely not for me. It's also ridiculously expensive (NZD99).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm an Iredale fan, but not because of this BB Cream. I use their PureBase pressed powder in Satin and it's the Best pressed powder I've used (and I compare with Bare Minerals and Cover Fx).

First off, ''Glow Time'' is not a BB Cream. It's a full-fledged FULL coverage foundation. It will cover everything, which is a plus, but with major drawbacks. The poor choice of color, combined with opaqueness and poor blendability, restricts the number of potential contented users. If, by chance, you are a perfect match for one of their 6 shades, then perhaps you will like it. But you have to be experienced in applying makeup, because it dries quickly and needs to be spread out with a foundation brush.

But even then, you will need to have no pores and no dry skin. As most of us gals have either oily skin (thus pores) or dry skin (thus dry patches), or both, this further restricts the possibility of this foundation suiting you.

As I bought a color that was wrong for me, and have both pores and dry patches, this was a terrible choice for me and I regret very much that I bought it from a spa that is loath to take returns. Still, I appreciate the absence of skin irritants (it does have silicones, which are not irritants per se, but I read on this forum that some find them bothersome). I also appreciate the SPF. For that reason alone, I give it two lippies.

CAUTION : You will need a heavy-duty cleanser to get rid of this. It does indeed work as advertised as water-resistant. If that's what you need, then you may have found your HG, but for daily ''normal'' use, that's another problem with this product because even though it might not be irritant to sensitive skin by itself, the arduous process of taking it off might very well irritate your skin. It made mine more red than it had been in a few weeks. I used minence's clear skin cleanser as usual, and it was still ALL there. No kidding! Then I SCRUBBED with a handtowel with more minence cleanser, and painstakingly it started to come off. I never scrub my skin and I don't use makeup-up remover either, usually for lack of a need for it. THEN, as there was STILL much visible ''BB cream'', I made myself a kaolin white clay mask. Absorbent properties of clay would surely do away with the rest of the cream, I thought. I waited 10 minutes, took off the mask, then indeed looked makeup-free (and it was a relief as the ''BB cream'' had given my skin horrible fake texture!).

The next morning, I gently washed my face with minence Stone Crop gel wash to remove nighttime oil/sweat. Then I sat in front of my mirror. That's when, thanks to full daylight, I saw there was STILL a spot on my face where the darn BB Cream stuck!!! I had to massage the area with pure argan oil to have it come off and I could see the yellow/orange very clearly on the tissue I used.

If you cleanse with oil, then this might not be a huge problem, as the argan oil seemed to be able to take it off my skin. Still, I'm miffed the spa assistant did not mention this. Anyhow, for those who have found this product to cause breakouts, I believe it's because it might not come off fully at night, not because any of its ingredients are bad or comedogenic.

Bottom line : do try it out in a store, but apply it on your full face to see how it appears on your skin texture and how easily it comes off at night. I would not recommend buying this before trying to wash it off at least once.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its "ok". I bought this as a recommendation from my esthetician. I've used far better BB creams that are much cheaper, Skin 79 brand is very good and I'll probably go back to that, but I'm going to continue using it for two weeks just to see if it helps my skin. It looks alright on smooth, clear skin. But if your skin is a little dry or breaking out the coverage is strange and awful. That's the only way I can describe it.

Also, I think it made me more oily and it comes off very easily even when I put on a layer of powder. The color is odd, much more yellow than other BB creams, that typically have a gray or purple kind of cast. Though it did mellow into an ok shade after application. But yea, for the price point I expected a lot more.

a bb cream should perform as advertised. I've bought two shades of this and it makes my skin look chalky and flaky. sorry but I don't think I should have to prop it up with other products. disappointed.

In summary
-has a spectrum of choices for fair skin
-full-coverage
-a little can go a long way
-uselessly waterproof
-CAUSES BREAKOUTS!

1. fair shades
The shade BB3 and BB5 work for my light-warm skin tone.
There's nothing orange in it, but both contain a lot of yellow.

2. coverage
95% of my red blemish scars are covered

3. A little goes a long way
About a pea sized amount is more than enough for the whole face.
If you apply too much, you'll look like a clown

4. Waterproof
This makes removing this BB cream very hard!

2. BREAKOUTS!
Diligent and careful skincare helped me reduce the amount of blemishes I have....until I bought this BB cream.
My chin broke out in large cysts in a matter of hours after applying the BB cream every time I use it. I could observe bumps showing up. I didn't even breakout in cysts like that!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have only been using the bb cream3 for a short period, but am very impressed so far. It covers my rosacea redness extremely well, and I like that it serves as concealer, sunscreen and supplements my moisturizer. It takes a few minutes to settle into my skin, but is virtually invisible. The price is comparable for similar quality products, and, since you use so little per application I do not anticipate having to purchase more than once or twice per year. I noticed that some reviewers had issues with breakouts and/or difficulty removing the product effectively. I cleanse with a Clarisonic oscillating brush, and it cleans my face (I am 60+ and on the dry side) gently and thoroughly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a BB cream...i use a moisturizer and a primer under it and I use a jane iredale setting spray to set it for a dewier finish...so it isn't taking the place of other products...has fuller coverage...which is good because most of the BB creams wear off after a few hours...i'm 53 almost...was in the market for a new foundation of some kind...stumbled upon this at a spa recently...heard great things about Jane Iredale products...tried this on..instant love..ALL of the above facial products/steps necessary for the love, though...I can live with that...it/I look very pretty : )

I have been using this BB Cream for 3 weeks now - it was a stocking stuffer from my wish list. :) I have seen a tremendous change in my skin. Prior to using this I had been using JI Pure Pressed powder and liked it but wanted to try a liquid again. Not wanting to invest the $$$ I bought Revlon Age Defying foundation. The skin around my eyes was becoming very dry and even flaky. I assumed it was the change in season's and dry winter air and added more moisturing to the area - which didn't really help. But lo and behold I changed foundation products and within a week or so no more dry flaky skin around my eyes.

I have this in BB1 based on the Ivory shade of pure pressed powder I had used. It is perfect for my skin tone. I find it takes very little to go a long ways. I apply it in one area at a time as it does dry very quickly and dotting it all over at once would be inadvisable. I apply with my fingers and pat it more than rub.

For me it is worth the money and I will repurchase when I need to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use the amazing base. This $*!#* broke me out. And it looks like crap whenever I see it on a sales girl. I know it's mean to say it, but seriously, they look super caked.

MUA says Swapping is only open to current swappers...But I want to swap this! I have the Glow Time BB Cream #5. Message me/check my notepad if interested!

REVIEW:
So I'm new to Jane Iredale and I have acne prone yet dry skin that, although still in my mid-later 20's, is starting to show signs of aging especially when I smile. Since I'm still struggling with acne, I have been on a long and arduous journey to improve my skin and I've decided to clean up my routine. As a result, I'm trying strictly use products that are healthy and won't break me out, with the exception of the under eye area because I've always needed heavy duty extra coverage due to genetic dark circles and hollowness.

The point: I never thought I could use mineral powder makeup because I'm dry and bareminerals made me peel something fierce. But I must say I am so impressed with Jane Iredale's loose powder; it has not been drying (as long as I moisturizer of course) and I think it is improving my tone. Yet, like most women, I prefer a little more liquid coverage on my nose and certain areas to help cover pores, blemishes, and provide more full coverage. However, I kid you not, in the EXACT areas where I put this BB cream, I developed deep, hard, almost white-head-type beads of congestion...like after one use. The reason I know this is that I only applied the BB cream in tiny specific little areas on my face for the first time so I would be able to gage which products were and weren't working, and I kid you not, it's those exact areas (like the size of a dime) that developed a problem. And I'm actually kind of pissed about it because I just got a medical grade quality light peel that really improved my acne-- until this outrageously priced potion clogged it deeply like a O#$*RU-hole!

The reason I'm only giving this 3 stars and not less though, is that when applying it very very lightly and thinly almost like a concealer (when mixed with moisturizer...I tend to often mix foundations and concealers with moisturizers) it didn't look half bad. But there is no way I would ever put this all over my face the way it is intended. Plus, even with the moisturizer, I found it quite drying...like way more than the powder oddly enough.

A beautician recommended i use a makeup that suited my skin type (i have acne and oily skin) and suggested this product. I was originally using a liquid foundation from Maybelline which didn't really seem to help my skin at all and was probably making it worse tbh. So i bought this BB cream along with the powder…at first i didn't like it because it didn't give me the full coverage I wanted and it made my skin seem even more oily and gross. But i just started to use a bit more BB cream in the areas that needed it the most as well as using the powder. i apply it using a foundation brush and sometimes have to reapply more powder during the day because of my oily skin. The only downside to it is that it doesn't fully control shine and it gradually wears off during the day…but that's because of my acne prone skin and might not be for everyone. Overall i think it's a nice cream that is ok to use on my sensitive skin, especially because it's non-comedogenic and it also suits my skin tone and has SPF 25 in it. I would recommend this product if you have sensitive or acne prone skin and want to cover it up without worrying about any harsh ingredients that will irritate your skin.